Credit Searches

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I thought credit searches remained for 1 year, only defaults and CCJs etc that are 6.

Believe me, I thought the same thing.

Alas (according to equiscum) these are not credit searches but DEBT searches and they indeed do, stay on your record for SIX (6) long years.

These muppets did a batch search using my name and Equifax provided them with possible addresses, each hit on our credit reports for my name securing an 'outstanding debt' for the pleasure. I also know that in my case the debt is stat-barred from 1999 and the default is long gone.

So now I have been defaulted by stealth with a search done on my name without my permission. I too cannot for the life of me work out who set out the time frame for six years. All I can think is that six years tie in to the 6 years they have to chase me BEFORE a debt becomes stat-barred.

I am fighting this all the way

1) FO has been notified, complaint winging to them now

2) Trading standards notified (In their neck of the woods)

How many other folk have they done this too?

Jumps up and down waving!

Me as well

Edited by Coasters
spelling grrr!

And the latest score is...

DCA's 0 v Coasters 2

tell me about there pointless complaints process. 15 times i have tried to raise a complaint each time it is asking me to login. but i am logged in as im looking at my credit report.

anyone got a phone number for them. as i cant seem to find a customer srevices phone number for them.

You have to create a seperate account to complain, lol, I know but its true.

All information will be tied together.

Be CAREFUL giving out phone numbers, remember Equifax and DCA's are lovers.

EQUIFAX TELEPHONE NUMBER - 0800 7839421

And the latest score is...

DCA's 0 v Coasters 2

There was an interesting thread started a while ago that I stumbled across where a few doggedly determined folk started to really dig into this '6 year' thing and who actually decided it, why and when. Have a read and, especially the posts about the 'scraps' of letter found, which is all the ICO seem to have on this extremely serious decision :confused:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/129437-information-commissioners-office-six.html

Th impact of this info on your file for 6 full years can have a devastating impact on a persons life - even just for silly wee amounts, surely theres more to the whole thing???:(

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

managed to get through to them.

have sent of 4 complaints today along with letters and screenshots from other creidtors that had defaults but have removed them from Experian and callcredit.

why is it the creditor only removes it from one CRA not all 3 of them. something wrong with all this.

please join the petition that Finlander has setup to fight the CRA'S and there unlawful ways of dealing with credit information they collect.

they have broke the Data Protection Act 1998 many times now.

heres the link to the petition

Petition to: Enforce the provisions of the Data Protection 1988 so that Credit Reference Agencies have an obligation to correct any and all inaccurate information they hold on an individual. | Number10.gov.uk

:lol: (hysterical and slightly scared laugh). it is all starting to get a bit worrying!

What gets me is, if that scrap of paper and a vague conversation between offices about 40 million years ago was all that decided the 6 years then:

Why was such an important decision never even documented?

Why has that never been reviewed or officially decided?

Why can't we just ask for that to be reviewed or an actual official decision be made on it. You know, like a rule or law. Not just "well thats how we've always done it"?

Edited by Dipply75
shocking grammar lol

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p