MCOL - joint loan and possessions

racer1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if this is the right forum but couldn't figure out where it'd fit!

I'm currently looking at issuing a claim against my ex for a loan in joint names. He had 25% of the loan but has not contributed to any repayments. I understand I can only claim for what I have repaid so far and as it has now been a year it seems a sensible time to do it as I can't afford to keep repaying this much!

He also has some property of mine, but the main thing was a brand new washer / dryer which was a gift from my parents. Over the past year he has refused to let me collect it and previously he agreed to pay me £150 for it [it was bought for £330 new].

My question is should I claim the agreed value of the washing machine in the same claim or does that confuse things? And is anybody willing to look through my claim please?

I've emailed him about 6 times in the last year asking when he'll start to repay me the money and every time I ask I get told I am bullying and threatening him....but I think this is long enough now, he keeps promising next month he'll pay the money and nothing materialises.

• 2 weeks later...

If the amount of the claim is under £5,000 in total you can do a claim in the small claims court. I would suggest that as you've already contacted him several times you have given him plenty of opportunity to respond, before resorting to this action.

If you post the particulars of claim you are thinking of on your thread we can take a look.

BTW, sorry your thread seems to have been overlooked until now.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.