Blair Oliver & Scott & old GUS finance loan still paying them!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks bankfodder,

The balance stands at £7,980 according to the statment. We started looking in to this debt at the time under the thread Scampjet-v-blair Oliver & Scot, but after everything had settled down and we had successfully fended off all our other creditors, didnt pursue our options as they seemed to be no threat. Under this thread I posted up the credit agreement for opinions etc. PPI appears to be lumped in wiitj the original loan.

I tried to post by replying tothe original thread but nothing came up for some reason. Maybe because its noe titled [problem]jet -v-Blair Oliver & Scot. I dont know if the 2 threads can be combined again?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you don't mind, I really just like to develop this thread for the mo.

The issue is that they seem to be going back on an instalment agreement.

You haven't answered my question about the instalment agreement.

I also think that we should change your username. It is falling foul of our filter

I also think that we should change your username. It is falling foul of our filter

OK no problem.

I will have to dig out the paperwork from the time before I can let you know any details I have regarding any agreement. All I can say at the moment is that we have reciebed no correspondance until now. As soon as I have the details i,ll let you know.

Thanks again.

Thanks. I think that it is important to have as much information as possible so that we can anticipate their arguments. Then we can decide what to do.

What about your username? What about jumpjet?

Hi Bankfodder,

Jumpjet is fine by me!

I have now found all the info I have on this debt:

Statements of account showing payments of £10.27p from 03/10/2008 to 07/12/2012. from hspf (Home shopping personal finance Ltd.

an acceptance letter for installments to be paid at £21.23 dated 21/9/2006.

A Cccs credit summary of payments to creditors listing BOS as recieving £21.23. dated 1/08/2006.

A letter from us informing them that we were going to pay them £12.15 per month directly when we stopped the DMP. 18/08/2008

I do not have any record of them accepting a payment of £10.27 from 03.10.2008 to present. This amount has obviously been calculated as it is an odd amount, but I have'nt a clue where this figure came from!

I can only assume that it must have been arranged on the phone. Would it be worth sending a SAR?

I have now received a financial statement form from BOS. I am wondering whether I should use this form or a form as produced by one of the debt charities which may be more specific.

Also, what would be considered as acceptable expenses with regard to travel costs? I have elderly parents whom I visit twice who live a week some 90 miles away. Would expenses covering these be acceptable.?

We also have an Epeliptic dog who,s medication amounts to £200 per month.

(I know a needle in the paw would be cheaper, but what can you do!)

income scan 2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have now recieved a copy of the credit agreement for this account and It shows that PPI was added at the outset.

As they have the agreement,

I do not think I can do much about continuing to pay,

but I would like to reduce the amount as much as possible by reclaiming the PPI and have it taken off the balance.

I have looked at some of the methods of calculating this but not sure whether I should base calculations

on the original balance or current balance and also how many years I can apply interest.

Is it calculated over the original period of the loan IE 60 months,

or since the date of the agreement (which would be 9 years)

I,m getting some very strange results, as it appears that with interest,

using Consumer action group wiki interest calculator, the debt would be paid off.

I dont know if I'm doing something wrong!

Date of agreement 9/01/2003. Loan 4300.00: PPi 1591.60 over 60 months.

I have been reading as much as I can digest regarding reclaiming ppi on this account and I am still confused. Would my claim be against the original creditor for the full amount of the ppi applied plus interest over the past 9years or would my claim be based on the original loan amount without ppi and claiming back the ppi only on what Ive paid off the balance (around £2000).

Sorry, I've been distracted elsewhere for a while.

I really think that you need to deasl with the original problem referred to you in your initial post here before talking about PPI.

A PPi refund can take a couple of years if you are going to do it through the FOS.

I really think that you need to write to BOS and make it clear to them that the failure of the payment was caused by their negligent handling of the account and had nothing to do with you and you want a letter from them confirming that this is the case.

They have used the word - default. Does this mean that they have done something to your credit file?

I think that you should do an SAR on BOS to see what they have written about you and this payment failure.

If their records misreprewent the truth then they are in breach of the DPA.

Also, I think that you are in a good position to say that there was a contract to repay the money at £10 - and that is what you propose to do.

Are you still paying them? or are they refsuing payments? It is very important that you continue to pay them and that if payments are refused, that it is clear that it is they who are refusing them

Hi Bankfodder,

We sent a CCA and SAR.

They have sent agreement and and it is the same as We had on file GUS Finance.

we have recieved 2 Do not ignore letters..

..one came the same day as the CCA and

the other after a phone call from them where they were told that we would not speak with them

and correspond only by letter.

We returned a financial schedule dowloaded from the Debt helpline site

with the information that it was more detailed than their own version.

Also, we have increased payments from the return of the schedule to £40 per month.

we are waiting for a response to this offer which we know they have recieved because SAR,

CCA and schedule allwent in the same special delivery envelope.

Also wrote to them objecting to the comment that they have attempted to contact us and we have ignored them.

The reason for looking at the PPI is to one,

reduce the balance as much as possible and two.

.. to hopefully dispute the amount of the debt and have it substantially reduced.

Hoping that if they do try to take further action they cannot claim

what they say the balance is because the PPI part is in dispute.

Just trying to cover another base if you like.

• 3 weeks later...

we have now had our data via SAR.

and have entered all into the spread sheets for both 8% and 19.6% APR. as per the original agreement.

what we are unsure of now is who we should dispute the balance to.

The original creditor GUS Finance.

whom the loan application was made to.

Or BOS who are the DCA. but Bank of Scotland advanced the loan.

also, should we have recieved confirmation of our payment proposal after sending our financial schedule.

We are making the new payments but have had no response as to whether or not they accept it.

Should I write to them ans ask for their confirmation?

• 3 weeks later...

We have still not recieved a reply to our payment proposal and have been making payments at £40 per month as opposed to £10.

We have just recieved a letter from them which says thank you for your payments.....we now require the full balance.

to prevent further action:

Pay the balamce in full.

call us now on our helpline number to discuss repayment of the account balance.

We have sent them our financial schedule and increased the level of payment X4.

we have also told them we will correspond only by letter. It would seem they want us to phone them only.

Hi All,

We have just recieved a letter from BOS.

asking us to telephone them regarding a payment plan.

They have already been informed that they cannot do this

as we have asked them to correspond only by letterand the balance is in dispute

untill such time as the PPI is taken off the balance and our true liability is expressed.

We have sent them our payment schedule and have been paying them at the rate of £40 per month

opposed to the original £10.

We have asked them to state their acceptance of our payment offer and they have not done so.

The letter states that the " disscussions" will take account of our present circumstances

and if we dont contact them within 5 days they will have to take further action

to recover the debt which may include the use of door to door collectors.

I now want to write to them to tell them not to do this.

Could someone point me to a template letter which will stop them in their sending collectors.

I am sure I have read they are not allowed to do this without my permission..

. so We neeed to let them know.

We are also about to make a complaint to FOS re: PPI

and their continued attempts to get us to call,

But they have totally ignored my request for balance reduction to reflect PPI so havent actually refused.

My previous letters admit a liability to pay the principal of the loan.

.hence the additionl £30 per month but not the PPI as "lumped in"

and have sent them a schedule of charges via the spread sheets. for both 8% and their own 19.6% contactual.

I dont want to get this wrong as they seem intent on pushing for more so need to get this letters off quickly.

Thank You.

Edited by jumpjet
spelling error

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

We have just received a letter from Bank Of Scotland informing us that our account balance

has been passed from Blair Oliver & Scott to Wescote Credit Services.

This account has been paid via a payment plan without default and was originally sum £7,000

and has reduced to £4,900 after recalculation and refund of PPI.

We had our SAR and credit agreement returned to us a long time ago

and at that time we increased our payments of £10 p/m

( which were being made the the CCC,s) to £40 p/m when we made an agreement to pay ourselves.

We have not heared from Westcot as yet but no doubt we will shortly

and from what I’ve read they seem to be one of more aggressive DCA’s.

We withdrew our permission for Blair Oliver & Scot and Bank Of Scotland to pass our data on

in our first round of battles

so my first question therefore is whether they should have been passed the debt at all.

If you are slowly paying off this debt, stick to it.

Wescot are a pain! :/

Im surprised they transferred while payments are being made... i smell something here.

And yes Wescot are very much a Pain in the arse.

Trust me, dont answer any calls from them, dont play letter tennis with them either. Continue to pay your £40 a month, I would say do a CCA request but you did it under BOS...

As long as you continue paying, if Wescot get litigious then the judge should favour with you as you are paying what you can.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi you say it has been "passed" to Westcot,did BOS say they had sold the debt to Westcot?

Westcot should send you a "letter of assignment" if they have purchased the debt?

If this is the case although Westcot can be difficult you stand a much better chance of a much reduced F&F

through Westcot than Blair Oliver & Scott who after all are owned by BOS.

To answer your question yes BOS and Blair O S have every right to sell a debt or appoint another DCA to administer your account

FS

what does your credit file say about this debt?

what type of account was it?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

is this you old GUS loan?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi All,

We have just received a letter from Bank Of Scotland informing us that our account balance

has been passed from Blair Oliver & Scott to Wescote Credit Services.

This account has been paid via a payment plan without default and was originally sum £7,000

and has reduced to £4,900 after recalculation and refund of PPI.

We had our SAR and credit agreement returned to us a long time ago

and at that time we increased our payments of £10 p/m

( which were being made the the CCC,s) to £40 p/m when we made an agreement to pay ourselves.

We have not heared from Westcot as yet but no doubt we will shortly

and from what I’ve read they seem to be one of more aggressive DCA’s.

We withdrew our permission for Blair Oliver & Scot and Bank Of Scotland to pass our data on

in our first round of battles

so my first question therefore is whether they should have been passed the debt at all.

You can withdraw what ever you like, but there is nothing to stop the bank selling the debt or assigning a 3rd party to manage/collect it.

B lair O liver S cott is BOS in house collections.

My guess is the bank want a long running reduced payment account off their books.

Check your credit files.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: