style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Chris

Thanks for the letters, I will send an e mail later to bailiffs - I am not copying in L/A as they are *supposed* to be dealing with my case. I just want peace of mind that the bullies are not coming back to my home. Hopefully the e mail will (and a hard copy to follow!) stop any action.

Tomtubby - many thanks but I hadn't noticed that on the letter, so thank you, maybe I am too emotional at this time to read and understand things properley. I am sending bailiffs copy of Chris's letter via e mail, and a hard copy to follow - I do not TRUST the council/bailiffs ANYMORE, after all this. Hopefully the bailiffs will be sick of seeing my name and complaints.

Thank you again

Sugar x

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a marathon Sugarbabe, and you just have to keep slugging away until they give in, or your ship comes in.

Life always changes, nothing ever stays the same, and so long as you remain positive you won't miss the opportunities that WILL come along.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - Update.

I have received this weekend a reply from the bailiff company - tbh I cannot believe it!!!

It does state that I have paid them their costs and they have returned my case back to L/A, ( L/A say one thing and this company say another!!!)

And the letter included a breakdown of all my charges, one stood out.

£20.00 fee for credit card payments:eek: Well firstly I DO NOT HAVE A CREDIT CARD, and more to the point I paid using my debit card (fee included for that use as well??)

I am so confused now as to what the heck this company have charged me for....what I would like to know is can I claim this £20.00 back from them as it is a total, blatant LIE! I do not have a credit card and have NEVER paid them with a credit card!! Any advice would be appreciated.

Also still waiting for Local Ombudsman and L/A to respond....grrrrrr...

Thanks Sugar x

Edited by Sugarbabe47
forgot sentence!

Hi all - Update.

I have received this weekend a reply from the bailiff company - tbh I cannot believe it!!!

It does state that I have paid them their costs and they have returned my case back to L/A

That's great, you must be very relieved!

And the letter included a breakdown of all my charges, one stood out.

£20.00 fee for credit card payments:eek: Well firstly I DO NOT HAVE A CREDIT CARD, and more to the point I paid using my debit card (fee included for that use as well??)

As far as I know SaffronFlowers has done some research on this - it's in one of her posts, if I can find it.

Hi Sugarbabes, sorry to repeat myself but there already has been a ruling on charges for card payments by District Judge Plaskow. I have copied an extract for you,originally supplied by TT.

Detailed Assessment hearing of December 2007 where the matter of the legality of a credit card handling charge was debated. District Judge Plaskow made the point very clear indeed that no statutory scheme exists entitling a bailiff company to make this charge . The defendant company argued that the charge should come under “reasonable costs and charges” as there was a cost involved in accepting this form of payment. This was rejected in its entirety by the Judge who even went so far as to say that “there are all sorts of costs. You even have costs of business rates on your premises…but you can’t pass those on and neither can you pass on credit card handling charges”.

I think "his honour" has expressed our view extremely succintly. Hope it may be of help to you. Carry on your fight and know that you have my support.

Well, I can't find SF's post, but I remember that she had established that cc charges were not lawful.

Problem is you used a debit card, and try as she could SF couldn't find it anywhere that clearly said dc charges were unlawful.

However what I would do is copy the statement they gave you - include the Plaskow quote and ask for your money back within 14 days.

No need to go into too much detail, just keep it businesslike, keep it simple.

After all, what's the difference really? It's still a transaction handling charge.

Any thoughts anyone?

Morning all.:(

Thanks Chris, I do not know wether to send off for my supposed ccard payments, even though its a blatant lie. TBH I have had enough.

Last night when I got in from work I had received a letter from L/A...They now want a substantial amount of money from me per month, even though I sent an income/expenditure sheet, with proof of earnings. I really do not know how they expect me to live. Well that made my mind up - I simply cannot afford over £200 per month as well as other debts,(then another £80.00 odd added per month next year!!!) I am filing now for my bankrupcy - I feel let down by the authorities big time, and as far as I can see they can go whistle for the arrears now, I have been fair and paid them and NEVER refused to pay them, they have just not been fair with me and my circumstances and allowed me a reasonable time to repay them. I simply cannot believe that the LGO have not supported me at all.

Upshot I have been ripped off by bailiffs, ripped off by my previous employer (money deducted and NOT sent to L/A), ripped off by ex hubs. I have had it now - towel thrown in. Bankrupcy it is. I have no more fight left in me. Thank you for all your help and support, and sorry for not fighting on any more - I simply can't fight this any more. :(

Thank you to the bailiff company and my L/A - it is through their bad administration and blatant lies that I am declaring bankrupcy.

:mad::mad::mad:

Edited by Sugarbabe47
forgot something! oops

Hi,

I had reason to refer to Rossendales & Rossendale's Credit Ltd in a discussion I had on Saturday with our MP up here (Rossendale) and the Leader of Lancashire County Council. The councillor was surprised, if not shocked that Rossendales & Rossendale's Credit Ltd was connected with a Private Carpaking [problem], especially since they have just won a BIBA Award for their business. It's only if those who represent us know what's going on that they can do something. If the behaviour is illegal as many on here say, go to your MP's surgery and tell him/her. Take as much evidence as you can to back up your argument ( make copies of everything) including a note of the laws broken. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

:DHIYA :D

Just to finish this story - I was declared Bankrupt this morning at 10.10am. So bailiff company and L/A can back off now!!!:p:p:p It wasn't an easy decision to come to but believe me after the way the bailifs and L/A have treated me I am SO RELIEVED that they can do nothing more to me. I hope they read this thread too!!! :p

I WILL NOW CLAIM MY LIFE BACK, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

Thank you all very very much for all the help and support on here, you have all been wonderful. When my pennies are sorted out I will be donating to this wonderful site.

Thank you again.:D:D:D

Sugar x x x

Hiya TT

Thank you very very much, the L/A are still trying to locate the missing monies and they are welcome to it!! It should clear this years remaining C/T bill! I will keep in touch as this experience has opened my eyes to a very very serious problem that needs addressing and when I am sorted I am considering helping or volunteering my services and knowledge to helping the people who need it.I feel so passionately about this experience.

So thank you Sheila, you were amazing in my hour of need.I will indeed keep in touch, no problem:D

Thanks CAG...:D

Sugar x x x

SF....:D hugs back and thank you very much.

This site is fantastic and I can't thank people enough on here for all the help and support that I have received. I am going to be around for a long time and helping those who are/have been in the same position as me.

Sugar x x x:)

Edited by Sugarbabe47
Forgot something!!

SB - big hug - I am sure that you feel enormously relieved all the best with the future it will be fine enjoy

SFx

Can only echo that Sugar.

Glad to hear you are staying around tho ;)

All the very best, K x

Tomtubby,

Hiya, no not a thing. The day after I went bankrupt I received a letter from L/A stating that they have located the missing monies!!!! Very strange to say the least, but hey, I am bankrupt now so I don't expect to hear from them. Do you think they will write to me now after everything that L/A and bailiffs' have put me through???:eek: I doubt it, they probably won't want the hassle cos I would go at them with all guns blazing if I needed to!!:D And believe me I aint a happy bunny with all they have put me through!

So when and indeed I hear from anyone I will post on here and let you all know.;)

Sugar xxx

Hiya Sugarbabes,

Wow!! I was supposed to be doing my coursework and popped in here as I had been wondering how you had been getting on. My god, 2 and a half hours ive been glued to my laptop, it was like reading a thriller. My emotions have been up and down ranging from sadness, laughter, anger and tears for you. I am so glad you feel you can give the L/A and bailiffs the V`s and it seems since going BR you are elated and glad to be rid of all that stress. If you remember im in a fight with Ross because a bailiff came to my house and threatened to hand my account over to the police who will arrest me and put me in prison. When I complained he denied it (lying toad) so I wrote back and said it was untrue he did threaten to have me jailed and he had made an invalid levy and charged me for it and appartantely came back a week later and spoke with me through the window?? more lies. I also copied all this to the council. My reply since has been there is no law that states a levy is unlawful, apparantely even though he did not step foot in my house (and never will) he made an `all goods levy`??? And that his notebook backs this up!! His notebook must have been a new high tech invention called the invisible bailiffs notebook and used his psychic skills to mentally walk through my home and levy my goods that he has never seen!!! As for talking to me through a window I was at work at the time stated he came back. I have them by the conkers Sugarbabes as I first asked for a screen dump of my full account from start to finish including dates, times, names, letters, vans, charges etc. When I received that it opened my eyes wide to the rubbish they put on their computers. Also every reply I get back from them is the opposite of whats on the screen dump of my account. They are lying through their back teeth to get out of being wrong but putting their foot in it at the same time. I have also been charged a few times for apparently cheques that have bounced. £20 a time. I know only two bounced at the most over an 18 month period and I paid double as soon as I found out. Ross are renowned for lying and bullying tactics and I have also written to my council for agreeing with them that their account of what was said and done that day is correct. They sided with the bailiffs after their first explanation of my complaint without it being investigated properly. I sent a 2nd letter to the council complaining about this and now they are very interested in where I intend to take this. Also I work in partnership with 3 local MPs as part of my job and one of them told me that the staff who call the shots regarding CT Arrears and how much to pay back a month work on a commission basis and are only interested in earning their commission. They are really hard nosed and are not interested in anyones personal situation. I sent a cheque 2 months ago for £8 and told them that is what they are getting every fortnight and not a penny more if they want me to be able to afford the current years CT as well. I have paid it every fortnight without fail and although ive had a letter stating that they have noticed im paying £8 per fortnight and it has not been agreed and asked me to fill in a income/expenditure sheet (which I havnt filled in or replied to their letter) ive heard nothing more and they are still cashing the cheques and even send me a receipt as proof of payment.

You Sugar, me and thousands of others have had, are having and many more will have experiences with bailiff companies like this and councils who treat the decent, hardworking member of the public in this way and I for one intend to write to the government stating they need to change the laws regarding bailiffs and the way they conduct their business. It may not do anything but I think if everyone wrote to downing street eventually someone will have to listen and do something about it. All that suffering youve had to endure and sleepless nights god only knows what its done on your health and your future outlook towards councils etc. They dont realise just how much owing a bit of brass to line governments pockets and the tactics they use to try to get that brass affects people. God forbid you could have quite easily gone ahead with ending it all and im sure there are people that have (and thank god you didnt) and to me that is disgraceful of them. The prime minister alone is on £188,000.00 a yr.

Anyway ive waffled enough, i promised id keep you updated, im sure you have made the right choice and can i say your a shining example to us all and a role model anyone would be proud to help. You have shown true courage, fight and determination considering what you have been through and you are a credit to yourself and your children.

God Bless Sugarbabes and I wish you all the best for your future

LavenderRose xx

Edited by LavenderRose
posted before id finished.lol

LAVENDER ROSE.

As many people of here are aware, the local authority will always take the side of the bailiff. Sadly, many people are unaware that there are some councils who stipulate in their contracts that they are paid a PERCENTAGE of van/attending to remove charges from the bailiff company!!!

This practice was stopped years ago after criticism from the Department for Consitunial Affairs ( now the Ministry of Justice) but has started creeping in again.

SUGARBABE.

How STRANGE that within a few weeks of the council receiving the letter from the Local Government Ombudsman they have finally (after 2 years) found your missing payments !!!

You need to make sure that you inform the LGO that you have now been made bankrupt. Please do let us know the response.

Keep well....you know how to contact me if you need me. Sheila.

LavenderRose

Hi :) and thanks for your reply. I for one intend to fight this bailiff company and my L/A as soon as my personal bankrupcy is dealt with. If you need any help/assistance with your fight DO LET ME KNOW...I am so very angry that this bailiff company is allowed to continue in business with all the lies and deceipt it conducts...I too had a screen dump of all my details withthis company, What a load of B******T !!! I received back, so I know and understand what and indeed where you are at. The decision to go bankrupt was not an easy one to make, I must say one of the hardest ones I have had to make, but never the less, it's done now and yes *V's* to them all!!! I am going all the way with this, like I said when my circumstances are a little better. If they are reading this - beware I am on to you!!! and see you all in court!:p

Take care LR Sugar x x

TomTubby

Hi and yep VERY STRANGE huh? But what can people like me do? we work and work and because we are honest people we expect the same...but no, L/A and bailiff's lie and lie through their back teeth and get away with it. I nearly, and I say nearly, ended my life because of them and their bully boy tactics. Would they care that they may be responsible for some peoples lives??? Nah I don't think so. I will keep in touch Sheila, and I will fighting the fight in here to help/assist other people who are being hounded.

Anyway rant over!!!

Love, luck and laughter always

Sugar x x

Tomtubby I cant understand how these things are allowed to start creeping in again and it makes you wonder just who monitors the council. I just hope Sugarbabes finally finds the peace she hoped the BR would give her otherwise it was a big and brave decision for nothing. I was told today of another avenue someone could go down rather than chosing bankruptcy. This is where you give the courts all your debts (apart from C.Tax, they dont do that one) and attend court to explain your income and outgoings. You offer the courts a payment you can afford a month and they take on the debts for you and whatever you offer they split that between them all and make the payments each month. In the meantime your creditors cannot contact you or add any more interest. I dont know what its called or if its an option but It may be worth looking into should anyone else be in the same distressing situation.

Also what exactly does BR involve (i.e what debts do they take and once someone is declared BR does that wipe the debt off etc) and how is it different for the general public as opposed to say a company. All I know is that you cant get credit for 6 years which after a long period of financial hardship may not be a bad thing. Also how hard is it to build your credit rating back up after BR.

These are just general questions out of interest as its an area I know very little about.

Thanks for the post Tombubby. Much Appreciated.

LavenderRose x

Edited by LavenderRose