Can Mortgage Express Do THIS?

missjoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all :) Hoping someone can help with this question I have which regards Mortgage Express.

Last year i paid off my Mortgage after selling up. I requested the total amount owing & paid it. Then a few weeks later i received a letter saying i owed them £500+ (keeping actual figures hidden) for a cheque i bounced at one stage - whoops!

So, i haggled with them at the beginning of the year and got the debt down to just over £200.

BUT, i haven't made a payment yet & haven't heard from ME since the new year.

I got my credit report the other day & i see on it that Mortgage Express have been giving me a "missed payment" mark on my credit report for around £7 each month.

What i want to know is can Mortgage Express set the repayment amount/period without having my permission? They say on my credit report that i am to pay £7 a month for 10+ years! I only owe them over £200!

I am going to pay this off, but want assurances that this will be wiped off my credit report as soon as i pay.

Hope someone can help! Please!

Edited by missjoy

Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

We have the same problem with our mortgage company. On four seperate occasions they have marked the credit file as missed payment. The payment was about 5 days late. I phoned them and they insisted that they can't ( or won't ) change the file. I explained that this was detrimental to our credit file as we are about to remortgage. Do they care ................ NO I am going to have additional comments put on my file to let future lenders see that the payments were made in full and not missed .