The psychological issues of standing up for yourself

trundlecat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know that nothing’s certain or cut & dried and I have only just sent off my DPA requests but by heck, how much better do I feel that I am actually doing something about this?! Even if I loose my claims then I’ll at least feel I’ve had a chance to fight back & have not sat here like a powerless pleb while the banks have taken pot shots at me.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!! The psychological effect this is having on me really is empowering to the point of life changing. I know that sounds dramatic but I’m seriously just telling it like it is, win or loose I haven’t felt this much in control for a long time.

Trunny :D

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

Yes, as Bookworm has pointed out in other post, the psychological effects which are being inflicted by the banks on their victims can really be quite serious.

I expect that it will only be a matter of time before we start dealing with the business of redressing this aspect as well.

Are the banks watching this forum? I hope so.

Nota bene

PS. Lose, not Loose ;-) Sorry, I'm a real pedant sometimes!

Lol, not a bad post to say I've been up all night with a teething baby though? Mrs Brain switched off around 3am. Still lively enough to go out 1st thing & buy 2 x rulers & 2 x highlighter pens in anticipation of the statements arriving..... oh dear, I think I might be getting a bit obsessed :? hehe

No - I apologise - I really am a petty pedant - I have had this argument with my uncle and aunt (who are maths and English teachers respectively). They say that if you understand the point of what a person has written, regardless of spelling, then language has done it's job.

Aaaarrgghhhh!! That one really winds me up. I see graduates with absolutely no idea of how to string a coherent sentence together and I get so angry that it's unhealthy! We can see the results of having no rules and structure to our language by reading journals from the middle ages. Can we understand them? Yes. Are they easy to read? Absolutely not.

Not having a go at the poster, just pointing out that I'm a dedicated pedant too. (And I hope for my sake I've made no glaring mistakes in this post) :-)

And I hope for my sake that I've made no glaring mistakes in this post .

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks