Possible problem, advice wanted

mortis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Pretty sure that i am gonna have to fork out and pay for this one but i figured i would check here for some advice first.

Just over a year ago i purchased a PC, well the components to make a PC anyways from overclockers.uk, and have been very happy with it, about a month ago for no apparent reason the thing decided to switch of as normal one night and never start again, fearing the worse tested all the various components as well as popping down to my local PC shop, and unfortuantly i found that the problem was the motherboard.

expecting to have to purchase a new board i contacted to overclockers to check when my purchase was and if the item was still in its warranty, to my delight i found out it came with a 3 year warranty and so i was still with in this.

feeling rather happy i sent the item back, unfortuantly for me i had made a fatal error in thinking that one of the componants was part of the heat sink and so had not sent it back with the motherboard, obviously they sent it back to me as incomplete.

Now them returning it i have no problem with, i was at fault as i had not returned the item in its original condition.

However the way in which it was dealt with did leave me annoyed, they sent me an email confirming a new order number with the same motherboard make and model as the one i had sent back, and sent it next day delivery, brilliant apart from the fact that i was informed this at around 5pm the day before it was supposed to arrive and obviously i was not able to book the next day of work to recieve the package, 1 week later after a lot of phonecalls to citilink i managed to re-arange to delivery for a day that i would be available to recieve and sat eagerly awaiting my motherboard so i could get my PC back on the road.

sadly the reason why the new order number stated the same make and model as the one i had sent back was because it was the one that i sent back, with a helpfull printout and picture informing me of what was missing, as i said i have no problem with this as the fault was mine in not returning all of the item, however after waiting almost 2 weeks since the e-mail informing that my order had been sent and recieving it, you can imagine my frustration at this being the first time i was aware of the missing part and that this was not a repaired or replaced item.

Anyways moving on, i looked at the picture and the name of the missing component re attached it to the motherboard and once again sent of my item, i have today received the same e-mail that i recieved before and once again the item has been sent with no prior notice meaning tommorow when it is sent i will have no chance of it being recieved.

my question is ( i know it took a long time to get there i was just venting) in the event that it has been returned again the only thing i think of is that something else is missing from the item, in which case first of all should they not informed me of ALL missing parts before sending it back to me the original time, secondly in the event what ever random component is not there is no longer in possesion, (cant see what else could be missing tbh but who knows) do i still have any chance of a repair or replacement, after all i have had the item just over a year and it would be reasonable to assume that it had suffered some wear and tear?

rather long winded but hopefully makes some kinda sense.

well unfortuantly it looks like im not going to get this item replaced/repaired. i recieved the following today

Dear ,

The motherboard has been returned by the technician on testing as the motherboard has been damaged which means the item has been warranty void.

The Report - A clip has been broken on the PCI-E slot one. Thus all warranty is void.

Regards,

the only question i have really is do you think that this broken clip could be considered wear and tear? and if so as it is not the cause of the fault should it void my warranty?

i havent seen the board again yet as once again they sent it next day delivery with out informing me till 5pm the night before so there was no one here to recieve it.

what really annoyes me is that they have already seen the board once and sent it back again, quite why they couldnt have informed me of this problem at that time and prevented me from having to pay for it to go back again is beyond me.

annoyingly this wasnt noticed the first time i sent the item back meaning i went through the hastle and cost of sending the item again, not to mention the £10 charge for each return.

7. Testing - All returned items are tested by Overclockers UK technicians. It is essential that goods are tested as approximately 50% of all received returns are tested not faulty. It is therefore important that you include a detailed description of the problems experienced. Any item found to be not faulty will be subject to a £10 +VAT charge if collected or a £10 + return shipping + VAT charge if shipped back to the customer. You will be notified by e-mail before any non-faulty goods are returned to you. This does not affect your statutory rights.

although i do love this part especially

You will be notified by e-mail before any non-faulty goods are returned to you.

whilst i guess i was notified i think a little more than 24 hours would be nice and a better description in the e-mail would be good but oh well.

Edited by mortis