Zurich Ins Car Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5843 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Back in Jan I had a rear end shunt when at 5mph at a roundabout I bumped into the person in front. My car front end was not damaged but theirs had the bumper caved in. The 3 occupants of the car all claimed whiplash through Cogent solicitors. I forwarded the letter by recorded to Zurich and heard nothing at all until last month when I got a letter from Cogent to say that although agreement had been reached for compensation with Zurich because payment had not been received unless I pay within 7 days I would be taken to court. The next day I get the court forms from Croydon County Court all officially stamped wanting the sum plus costs!! The only number which answers for Zurich is the Indian call centre which gives another 0870 number which no matter what time you call (9-6 @ 10p min) never answers. Have been on hold 20 mins plus. (At £2 a time). I sent the court forms onto Zurich without responding to the court to say its their problem to sort. Nothing has been heard since.

With all the stress, worry and costs involved trying to sort out this problem have I got a case for Zurich to answer. Will the CCJ register? If so have they got a bigger case to answer to??

Any advice greatfully appreciated.

Debt Managers (Barclaycard) £7150 - CCA sent - poor photcopy of app form - they rtnd acct to BC. Then Robinson Way come on scene - sent packing straight away. Will they try a third attempt????? :) Yes they did, roll on Westcot, told them were to stuff it. Not heard anything since but Lowell Financial have been searching my credit file. Round 4, ding a ling ling!!:D Now Crapquest on the scene - bought the debt and want the balance... don't think so 8)

Equidebt (Co-Operative Visa) £6800 - CCA sent in June - no response still!! Was Ex-Northern Rock card so probably lost. Equidebt have now agreed to write off and remove credit ref listing completely!!! :lol:

Robinson Way (Abbey) - debt sold to RW £1840 - await letter from them....cant CCA as bank account.... agreed to settle for £368 :-D

Hi

Not sure on your claim part but here is some other numbers for Zurich

0800 0158998 (works for motor/home claims)

0800 868686 (Motor Insurance)

also look at SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers for other no's

Hope this helps

If my posts have helped you please use the scales at the top of my posts :)

Any opinions from Jannercobbler are strictly my own and I have no affiliation with any group or services.

The two most beautiful words in the English Language are "Cheque Enclosed" - Dorothy Parker

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/399-abbey-letter-sent.html

Me v Abbey - £3000 + Int + Costs + Credit File Cleaned.

LBA Sent 12/3/06

Court Claim started - 31/5/2006

Allocation Questionnaire Filed - 24/7/06

Court Date allocated 31/10/2006

Me v Citi-Cards - CCA Sent 27/07/06

Me v Citi-Cards - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Capital One - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - CCA Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - DPA Sent 03/08/06

As you are the policyholder, the CCJ will be issued in your name.

Reply to the CCJ stating that this is an insurance issue, photocopy the CCJ and send the original to the address in your policy.

Do not accept anything stated on the CCJ as this may prejudice the insurer's defence.

You should have somewhere a letter from Zurich claims dept with the claim reference so include this also with your response to the court.

If you used a broker to purchase the policy, the broker should deal with this on your behalf.

I'm afraid I can't help with personal lines numbers as I work in the commercial area of insurance.

• Haha 1
:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)