style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, im new to this site but ive read alot of posts about marstongroup. i dont know how you post a new post so im sorry to the owner of this posts!

basically im havin a problem with these guys aswell. basically wat has happened is i got a fine for not sending a v5 off (even tho i did) and the new owner has requested a new one and then i was charged for that. but the problem is by the time the new owner requested one ih ad moved house and never received the origanal fine. this was about 2 years ago now and then jsut before xmas 2009 i got a letter from oxford courts saying i owe them 250 pounds and must pay straight away, i didnt know what it was for so i called them and they said i wud have to call the dvla and they told me it was the above but i dont know what car it was! anyway i cudnt and still cant afford to pay it off and it now is with marston and i have had a final notice through. they were goin to give me intil 7pm that evening to get the money which is now 520 quid btw and they wud come and take my stuff. so i called the lady who posted this through the door and explained i dont have that kind of money and i dont have anyone i can borrow it from! so she said well we will atempt to take your stuff or we will put a warrant for your arrest!

so today my brother called arround and even called the court again for me and they said that the court will send a law enforcement officer around to arrest me which means i will have to go to court and explain why i didnt pay the debt. i think its kinda crazy that i didnt even ge tthe chance to pay it off monthly. i told them end of june i can pay it all off but marston said it has to be now. so i am now waiting for them to attempt to get in and i will not be opening the door to them, i am also goin to get a solicitor to advise me on wat to do but i thought i would get some other opinions first!

also im worried about my car. i dont have a drive but i do park it outside my house. but im i right in thinking that if it isnt outside the house they cant take it ??????

any help wud be great

and again im sorry to the origanal poster!

thanks

hi, im new to this site but ive read alot of posts about marstongroup. i dont know how you post a new post so im sorry to the owner of this posts!

Use this link to start your own post as it will be better concentrated in one place.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=168

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seems that hese people will try anything to get money anyway they can. Latest from My problems (son v5) House on market Mr marstons bailiff decided that he was going to try and embarrass the money out of us(now over 900 quid) by calling the estate agents AND TELLING THEM They called me and told me they had visited (poss to try and stop the sale) Didn't work called the numpty on the phone and left a very strong message along the lines of breaking the data protection act by telling them there was a debt and I had to reassure the agents that it wasnt mine, (no reply from mr bailiff) left another message even stronger and finally called back and tried to weedle himself out of it by saing that he thaught the house was a vacent possession and wanted to check, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM funny that if indeed he had looked into the window he would have seen furnature and a moggie who loves to guard the window sill plus my partner was home also . called the office to complain only to be made out to be the bad one in this (appanently im very abusive) :eek: but they have never come back since that time Victory I hope.

Seems that hese people will try anything to get money anyway they can. Latest from My problems (son v5) House on market Mr marstons bailiff decided that he was going to try and embarrass the money out of us(now over 900 quid) by calling the estate agents AND TELLING THEM They called me and told me they had visited (poss to try and stop the sale) Didn't work called the numpty on the phone and left a very strong message along the lines of breaking the data protection act by telling them there was a debt and I had to reassure the agents that it wasnt mine, (no reply from mr bailiff) left another message even stronger and finally called back and tried to weedle himself out of it by saing that he thaught the house was a vacent possession and wanted to check, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM funny that if indeed he had looked into the window he would have seen furnature and a moggie who loves to guard the window sill plus my partner was home also . called the office to complain only to be made out to be the bad one in this (appanently im very abusive) :eek: but they have never come back since that time Victory I hope.

ive heard nothing but bad things about this baliff company, most are willing to settle a debt with a payment plan, i once got intol a little problem with not paying my council tax and it went to court and the baliff came around we arrange a date that i cud pay it and when it came to that date i was unable to pay it so i emailed the company sayin i will pay instalments and they were very understanding, these lot however are jsut bullies and will try anything to get out of this. i have since spoken to the court that issued this to me and they said a enforcement officer will come out and give me the warrant to appear in court to say y i cant pay it and then i called the women bk from marston and she said she will call the police to come an arrest me, i jsut laughed in her face and said good luck with that cause they wont do anything, it has to be done with an enforcement officer not a police officer! dumb cow, they really will try anything to get you to pay lol

I currently have a problem, and while I agree it is entirely mine and my partners own doing. We have been lied to by Marstons.

December last year, there was a note through the door stating that a bailiff of Marstons had visited our property for a debt in my partners name.

She telephoned the bailiff, who infact said he had a warrant for both her and myself. He wanted full payment of over £600. As it was Xmas coming up I tried to reason with him as I was (and still) unemployed at the moment, we have five children too.

He said he would speak to the courts and got back to us. When he called back he said if we could pay £360 then the courts agree to write off the remaining debt.

As the amount he was asking was now £360, I telephoned my mum, who in turn paid it on her credit card after re-assurance it was for both debts to be written off. (neither my mother ot I have received a receipt of payment, However it does show on the credit card bill as Marstons)

Alas,

Yesterday morning letter from a different marstons Bailiff with a warrant in my name for £475 for not paying the above fine. I explain at some lengths that an agreement was made between the previous agent and the court to write off the debts. He then went to say the agent I dealt with previously has since been removed from the company for similar incidents.

So now I have managed to buy a little time and have sought legal advice, but just wondering where you guys think I stand with this.

Could I get this taken back to court and apply for an attachment of earning?

Hi Darkmarbo and welcome.

To be honest, you'll get a lot better and more help if you started your own thread. Click here:

And when you start your thread, let us know if you're still unemployed and what your household circumstances are. I presume this is a court fine...

Best wishes

Rae

• 1 month later...
Guest nez69

I think that we have a template letter on our Bailiff Advice website which I will send to you which is a request to the bailiff co to send the debt back to the court.

quote]

Do you still have a copy of this please?

• 8 months later...
Hi, am having a similar problem with marston but cannot find where i can post to post an original thread. Need help soon as debts are being demanded in 2 days! Any help appreciated. Tom

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]