! ! ! Hello I need some advice about baliffs plz ! ! !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I need some advice my partner and I returned home today and within 10 mins there was a bang on the door ,I went to answer it and a man was standing at the gate and in a loud voice informed my he was a baliff and that we owed council tax , so I asked him to come in the hose rather than giving the neigbours a show . He was no sooner in the house than he started shouting that we owed council tax and he was a baliff ( !!DURR ! ! ) , my partner informed him we did not owe the council tax as it had been payed the previous month ,he stood and looked at my partner and said prove it ,I told him all he had to do was ring the council but he kept saying prove it so my partner told him he needed to go back to school to learn some manners and to get out of the house he refused so richard (partner) opened the back door and told him to GET OUT . he then started shouting on the street infront of my neigbours that he was a baliff and we owed arreas on council tax and started to write on his clip board about my partners car we informed him he could not do this as the car is richards & he was claiming the CT bill was for me and the car is HPd he then phoned his office to be told that the account was not owed but would not appologise and insinuated my partner had manhandled him . At this point I lost my cool and caled hima T**T and walked back in the house I have rung BRISTOW & SUTOR to informthem of the appaling behavior from there baliff but they are not bothered and the council just said they imploy the company not the baliffs surley I have some right to complain the baliff in question has been mentioned on your forum a few times I would like some advice please -: Jingles

I will move your thread into the Bailiffs Forum. You should get the advice you need, there.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Ah Bristow and Sutor, my favourite pet hate of the moment.

Here you go.

Bailiffs: Complaint about Certified Bailiff -

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

dont want to go off topic but reading baliffs complaints about taking assets worth more than the debt

we know how quick they are at siezeing cars etc, is it legal

say taking a car worth ten grand for a thousend pound debt

curiouse

If they had taken the car what happens to the money they get for it the CT bill that we had already payed was for a hundred pounds and he was eyeng up my partners 4x4 ?

Dreadful behaviour and I would expect nothing less than an apology....from both the INDIVIDUAL bailiff AND the local authority.

The council have a duty of care to YOU the taxpayer. In addition, the local authority are responsible for all of the "acts and omissions" of agents under their control.

There is of course the right to make a formal complaint about the individual bailiff by way of a FORM 4 COMPLAINT but you must ebsure that you have given the bailiff/company to put mater right fist.

I would write in the strongest terms to the council to remind them of their role in this and make it clear that you will be considering a formal complaint to the court AND a complaint about the council to the Local Government Ombudsman.

Yes you have got to complain to your council, but don't hold your breath. My council (Walsall) basically say that they have no duty of care and once it as gone to B&S then it is out of their hands.

I am in court next week following a complaint I made against the B&S bailiffs that dealt with me (form 4 job), I will let you know about it after the hearing.

Not saying too much about it because either B&S read this forum or one of the posters is a MOLE

I think Walsall ought to re think this statement as it is utter nonsense.

The professionsal association for all aspects of local taxation is the Institute of Revenues, Rating and Valuation (IRRV). In their own Model Code of Practice relating to the Management of Bailiffs employed by Local Authorities they state the following:

"People subject to local taxes have a right of access to a complaints procedure regardless of whether aspects of the service are delivered by a public or private sector organisation. This is a view that was expressed by the Nolan Committee on Standards in Public Life in 1997. The committee recommended that:

"local authorities should ensure that the people who receive services through a contractor to the local authority should have access to a properly publicisd complaints system"

Yes I agree Tomtubby but as you know what is correct and what is done are two different things. I have asked for my complaint to the council to be moved to the next level but my expectations are low.

How many times have you read the council said, 'we cannot do anything it is in the hands of the bailiff' only for them to come on here and other forums and be advised to pay the council in full direct?

I have spoken to my MP this morning and they want me to write them a letter with allthe information as they have had a number of complaints about this firm , I also spoke to the director of finance for my council (Broxtowe ) & he admits that it is there fault the baliffs were not informed of the clearing of the debt and also agreed that the council are responsible for the baliffs . I have downloaded the complaints form to send to the court whom issued the baliffs certiffication ( Forgot to say the nasty man who came to us yesterday was on the street this morning harassing someone else so does Bristow & Sutor employ local baliffs to do there work ? as there address is Bristow & Sutor

Bartleet Road

Washford

Redditch

Worcestershire

B98 0FL surely they dont come to nottingham every day

Edited by jingles1964
bad spelling

• 1 year later...

I have Equita at the door I owe them (apparently) 391 I am on income suppport I have offered to pay ten pounds a week until i start my new job in June and the Baliff said you r having a laugh and told me the collections van is on its way and its goin to cost me antoher 140 quid what are my rights Please help!!!

I have Equita at the door I owe them (apparently) 391 I am on income suppport I have offered to pay ten pounds a week until i start my new job in June and the Baliff said you r having a laugh and told me the collections van is on its way and its goin to cost me antoher 140 quid what are my rights Please help!!!

Do not under any circumstances let him in.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't sign anything, if you can ignore him and don't speak. Don't make any more offers. Speak to him through the letterbox or from an upstairs window. He will lie and cheat do not believe anything he tells you.

I will be back in a few minutes with more info for you as I have a caller to deal with first.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks PT He has slammed the phone down on me when I tried to make him an offer I am on income support I have made an offer of ten pounds a week until I start my job in June Does any one know what rights I have? do they have to accept my offer its all i can afford