style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to add as well, how do you know when a desposit was registered with the TDS? - when I signed the AST the printout of the TDS was already done - I've checked the site and it says "beginning on" and then the date the contract started - does this date mean it was registered on the date the contract started or could it have been registered afterwards - if so how do you know when it was actually registered?

Thanks guys

Found a clause in the AST that does say that they can hold back the deposit whilst waiting for me to pay the final bill.

Unenforceable.

They have now started to stall me on the final report, they did have a condition report - however this is the first time I had seen this.

Useless if you didnt sign it as a true representation of the condition of the property.

I handed the keys in on Friday first thing and was told I would receive an email that day about the deposit "and what they would take out" - I didnt get the email and after emailing back was promised all the details tonight - still nothing.

How long to they have to do this?

14 days is usually classed as fair.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

On the basis that the bills are in your name, and as such they cannot withhold the deposit dependant upon your own personal finances, as they have no relevance to either the landlord or the property.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Well I've now got a list of items they claim needed correcting.

There will be a charge for cleaning (kitchen tiles around the cooker and fridge, extractor fan, cupboards inside need cleaning,)

Carpet in the smallest bedroom has some stains –needs cleaning

Walls need touching up in few places.(especially in the smaller bedroom and few places in the living room)

Could you advise me if u have taken the springs of the door??

As you can see with no costs.

I've written back suggesting an amount of £50 which I think is fair - though importantly pointing out that I dispute their claims - and would take this issue to dispute if I had to.

Awaiting their reply...

Springs of the door?