The joys of Halifax (Eversheds)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No No and No again.

Please be advised that I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing. OFT rules and regulations clearly state that you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you. There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

I therefore revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives, to visit me at my property and if you persist in sending “doorstep callers” to my home, you will be reported for harassment and be liable for damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be liable for conspiring in a tort of trespass by acting in defiance of my instructions and sending someone to visit me nevertheless.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Bailiffs - don't have a general right of access - the basic advice to anybody facing bailiff action is to keep the doors locked and windows closed (a bailiff can enter through an unlocked door or open window) and not to sign everything.

The only Bailiffs, in non commercial situations, who have a right of entry are:-

1. County Court Bailiffs acting under an Order from a Judge giving them an express power of entry

2. County Court Bailiffs acting under a warrant for possession

3. Private Bailiffs acting where a walking possession agreement has been entered into or where (it never happens) the bailiffs have already entered and left a man in "close possession".

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

To answer basmic's question directly debt collectors have no rights of entry at all

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

I'll make sure to send what you quoted me, when they do send me a letter.

I hope I'm not sounding sarcastic, but would you be able to clarify your answers please?

Not at all. As said, debt collectors may not enter your property uninvited. The part in quotes above is the body of a letter, add your name address etc and your account details, and send it to them.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

• 1 month later...

If they are going to get heavy with you, then make them prove the debt, send them a CCA request with a £1 postal order. The chances of HBOS producing an enforceable agreement are slim from what I can tell.

A to Z index

• 4 months later...

I just found this on Google: Legal Issues Explained - Certificate of Satisfaction

I still can't work out what is going on. Did you have a CCJ? It looks as if it may be good news for you but then ...

Best wait for someone who's experienced this to explain.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks