Who has had Managed Loans?

ppauls150
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am new to this site, but after seeing all the forums about Managed Loans with HSBC, I wanted to tell my story too. I am currently in a dispute with HSBC about my MLA as it has now stopped me getting a mortgage despite being told on several occassions that a MLA will not affect my credit rating so long as I do not miss payments. I have not missed any payments on this loan, and while my credit was not exactly good before, I know for a fact this MLA is stopping it from slowly starting to improve. I have since found out that this MLA is being reported on my credit file as an arrangement to pay, which is like the kiss of death for a credit file. For the passed year, I have been trying to convert this MLA back to a personal loan and have been given many different reasons as to why this can not happen. After searching the web for more ammunition to arm myself with before going into the branch again, I discovered these forums and realise how many lives they are ruining. I have complained to quality services @ HSBC who are currently investigating my claim that this product was mis-sold to me as no one ever said how one of these loans affects credit. I have told them I will take this to the obudsman if this matter isn't resolved and this kind of loan can not be ethical, preying on those in financial difficulty, refusing to let them switch back when they have become financiallt stable, and therefore prolonging the debt and having a severe adverse effect on peoples credit ratings. I will update with whatever response I get from them, but i am not going to lie die and take it anymore. Its time to fight back!

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I am new to this site, but after seeing all the forums about Managed Loans with HSBC, I wanted to tell my story too. I am currently in a dispute with HSBC about my MLA as it has now stopped me getting a mortgage despite being told on several occassions that a MLA will not affect my credit rating so long as I do not miss payments. I have not missed any payments on this loan, and while my credit was not exactly good before, I know for a fact this MLA is stopping it from slowly starting to improve. I have since found out that this MLA is being reported on my credit file as an arrangement to pay, which is like the kiss of death for a credit file. For the passed year, I have been trying to convert this MLA back to a personal loan and have been given many different reasons as to why this can not happen. After searching the web for more ammunition to arm myself with before going into the branch again, I discovered these forums and realise how many lives they are ruining. I have complained to quality services @ HSBC who are currently investigating my claim that this product was mis-sold to me as no one ever said how one of these loans affects credit. I have told them I will take this to the obudsman if this matter isn't resolved and this kind of loan can not be ethical, preying on those in financial difficulty, refusing to let them switch back when they have become financiallt stable, and therefore prolonging the debt and having a severe adverse effect on peoples credit ratings. I will update with whatever response I get from them, but i am not going to lie die and take it anymore. Its time to fight back!

Hope you have better luck than me i got rid of mine by getting a loan through Direct loan.but i did tell them what i thought of them this MLA should be not be allowed.it wrecks peoples lives maybe oft can do something.