DCM Apex Debt Management - Anyone dealt with them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About 5 years ago myself and my partner got into some serious debt, following ill health and various job problems. At the end of our tether and failing any help from any creditors to try to resolve the problems we turned to DCM Apex who took over the handling of our debt under their agreement where they say they will have you debt free in 5 years.

Anyway, a couple of our monthly payments to them were missed right at the start of the agreement, but ever since we have paid them on time.

We are now getting to the end of our 5 year agreement and worryingly I recently received an attachment of earnings order sent to my employer following DCM failing to make payments to one of my creditors on time, so I called them to discuss this and to see when our agreement would be finished.

Now I'm starting to really worry about how legit they are. They have told me that as we missed a couple of payments, we were in breach of the original agreement and therefore they could no longer stand by their guarantee. I asked them how much longer than 5 years it would take and they said about another 3-4 years!!!! I fail to see how missing a couple of months payment could add another 3-4 years onto settling debt that would have otherwise been settled in 5 years.

I'm really worried. Has anyone else had any dealings with them. Should i be concerned that 4 years and 6 months later I have managed to pay less than 25% off my original debt with no sign of light at the end of the tunnel :confused:

Hi Chester. Is this Apex company based in Stratford?

You would be much better off seeking advice from a non profit making organisation. Have a look here. This thread will give you links to people that can help for free.

When you have chance, read around the forum. Have any of your debts got charges added that could be reclaimed?

Are there any loan or credit card accounts? It may be these companies do not have valid credit agreements, which means they cannot enforce action against you. In turn these gives you control over what or how you pay.

If you can answer any of my questions it will help myself and others offer further advice.

Many of us here are proof there is light at the end of the tunnel, it just takes a bit of work to get there!!

:)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Great post Hopeful.

Chester, welcome to the forums. You're not the only person that has been stung by Apex. You see, a debt management plan isn't guaranteed to have you debt-free in 5 years, have you in writing from Apex that this would have been the case?

You might want to a consider a complaint to Trading Standards, seriously coinsider a free DMP too. CCCS or Payplan are the way to go.

• 1 month later...

Hello!! First time posting so dont really know what to do!! but...alls i want well need to know...is does Apex work for Vodaphone because ive been receiving threatening letters stating something about a bill for my phone, which is news to me! but the thing is they are calling at like 8 in the mrning threatening my mum aswell i am not happy. so does anybody know if they do work for Vodafone?x:)

• 1 year later...

Hiya, its my first time on this site so please bear with me!!

Keep getting phone calls at work from Apex, saying that I owe money to a certain company. The thing is I do not recognise this company, I did fall into debt a few years ago with a few companies, in fact ended up selling my house to pay them and thought I had paid them all. Now all of a sudden I am getting these phone calls practically every day, and to be honest its getting to the stage I am scared to answer the phone. Has anyone got any advice they can give me.

Many Thanks

Hi

MBNA usually get Apex to chase debts on behalf of them, if you have any MBNA debts? Otherwise they may have purchased or taken the debt from someone else. If you write to them, asking for the original creditor and account details, they will give them to you. Otherwise in the meantime, find out what the total balance is, and see if it is similar to another debt of yours, which could mean it is the same account. You would need to explain to them when they call that you do not know who they aer dealing on behalf of, and see if they can confirm over the phone, otherwise, I would send a written token payment of at least £1 x

• Haha 1

Hi thanks for your reply, it really made me feel more able to deal with the calls.

Well...... had a phone call at work from them today, they introduced themselves as from Apex and were contacting me about an unpaid account. They then asked me for my full name and address, I asked them who the unpaid account was with but they would not tell me UNTIL I gave them my address and home telephone number.....I said I was not comfortable giving this information to someone I did not know. We went round in circles like this for a couple of minutes until they finally said that they could only give me information if I phoned them!! told them I didnt have a pen handy at that time so they said to get their phone number from their web site......

So what do I do now....should I phone them or not??? Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks again :)

• 2 months later...

Hi all this is my first post on something like this.over 5 years ago i was in the world of poop with dept.I made contact with a company called DCM APEX Dept Counsellors and Management.They sent a guy out to our house and he took his time and told us what the company was and how it worked etc etc.Almost everything he said that would happen did happen so was not to much os a shock when it came.How ever the october before i was due to end paying them for 5 yrs i got a letter of them saying that i would have to carry on paying them as some of the accounts i gave them was not on the first lot of papper work i sent to them.Why did it take them 4 and a half years to tell me that which was a load of poop.To this date i am still paying £520 per month to try and clear my debt.i will be out of work this time next year when i asked them if i would be clear by january 2010 she said she would get in touch with the company's i owe money to and TRY and sort something with them.I am £8000 in credit with the company so i have give them till november to give me an answer so what this space and i will let you all know what goes on.

• 2 weeks later...