Bought Faulty Chainsaw from Argos **SORTED**

wayno23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Ok bought chainsaw yesterday from Argos, Had a crack at my conifurs (grrrrr) this evening and after a hour or so the i had a break, came back and chain saw does not work?????

MY concern is i`m off next week on holidays to mainly be working on my conifurs (12 of them!!) and when i go to argos tomorrow i dont want them to repair the item as NEED a chainsaw fior the week???? where do i stand on getting a replacment from them??

thanks

I would say that you have a good case for replacement.

To break down after only 1 hours use shows that the item was not of merchantable quality.

IMHO.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Stupid question maybe, but you're sure you haven't simply tripped it / run out of petrol?

Only asking, but yes, as it happens, as long as you have the receipt, you should have no problems, I had to take a chainsaw back a few months ago within a few days of me buying it and they just refunded me, no questions asked.

Stupid question maybe, but you're sure you haven't simply tripped it / run out of petrol?

Only asking, but yes, as it happens, as long as you have the receipt, you should have no problems, I had to take a chainsaw back a few months ago within a few days of me buying it and they just refunded me, no questions asked.

lol, new there was somthing ;)

its a eles one and the smoke coming fromt the motor kinda give it away ;)

thanks guys, i`ll be returning this tommorrow so i`ll let you know how i got on!

I will be very surprised if you get an immediate replacement. If it did not work when it was plugged in, maybe, but it has been used and I think they will want to inspect if for abuse first.

You will have the right of recission under the "old" system and so could easily obtain a refund if that is what you wish for. If they insist on repairing it, tell them that you are not claiming under Part 5a of SoGA (which is the newer system).

Argos have replaced all sorts for me with no hassle at all... including electrical items. I've taken jewellery back for my daughter, curling tongs (hair) straighteners and even an Ipod (which was replaced 3 time in all). With Argos Direct, they've replaced a bed, sofa bed, mattress.... and I've even ordered something completely different to replace them with at times.

I'll be very surprised if you have any problems with them. :)

Argos have a really good returns policy, I'd be utterly supprised if you are refused a replacement or even money back.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

As long as you have no petrol in it (YOU MUST have no petrol in it) they will replace it without question (as you are entitled to a refund anyway)

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

its a eles (I read that as elec as it was in response to my question about running out of petrol) one and the smoke coming fromt the motor kinda give it away ;)

As long as you have no petrol in it (YOU MUST have no petrol in it)
Here's hoping anyway. :razz:;)

Well just to let you all know returned item today all boxed and reciept..... As they did not have any in stock the refunded my money, didnt even have to really explain just did a refund so i`m happy :)