Morgan Stanley/Goldfish

manc1976
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just been looking through all of my paperwork and now realise that this now comes under Barclaycard and has a different account number. Was nice of them to tell us this !!!!

As it turns out, they have passed this one over to Mercers for collection and again, they did not tells us this.

On 31 October we got a letter from Mercers saying that if we did not respond within 48 hours then the account would be passed to a local DCA and that they may visit us!!!

Will wait and see what rubbish they come at us with next.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye :D

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(I believe that) I am in serious dispute with Goldfish and Barclaycard have just sent me a new card. Interesting that they don't think that Manc1976 has a case. see his letter from Goldfish above. I am informed that they do have to produce certain documents that they state that they don't.

What they have to produce in response to a CCA request actually bears little resemblance to that which they would have to produce in court(should you insist that the original documents are brought into court).

If you feel (as you should) that they do not have a valid executed agreement, why not invite them to issue a court claim, which you would vigorously defend.

They are all huff and puff, that which they have supplied is nothing more than an attempt to make you feel they have something, which they do not.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Got a letter today from Calder Financial (Mercers in disguise!! )

You have failed to contact us or pay the full outstanding balance.

YOU MUST PAY TO US THE FULL SUM DUE WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THIS LETTER.

Failure to pay could result in one or more of the following consequences:

Blah Blah Blah

Don't you just love it when they use words like, MAY and COULD !!!

• 5 weeks later...

Got a letter from Calder Financial yesterday

NOTICE OF INTENTION TO SELL YOUR DEBT

This account is being returned to Barclaycard

Barclaycard has informed us that as we have not been able to arrange a satisfactory repayment on this account they intend to sell this debt.

Once sold, you will no longer deal with BarclayCard regarding this debt. The new owner will be responsible for any action taken to recover your debt.

If you want to stop this debt being sold - phone today. This is your last chance to arrange repayment with us.

Oooh, can't wait to see what muppets buy this one !!!!

Got a letter from Calder Financial yesterday

Oooh, can't wait to see what muppets buy this one !!!!

Happy Christmas!

It's funny to think that they regard this as some kind of a threat. "Oh no, I'll no longer be dealing with Barclaycard! Damn! Where did it all go wrong?"

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

My bet is C L finance, but the 1st thing you get is a letter from Lewis, the next thing is one from Cohen solicitors, all this happens within about two weeks, then you only have Cohens to deal with, who issue claims like theres no tomorrow...but who get everything wrong:D

You never get to hear from Lewis or C L again.

Dont worry too much, Cohens are pretty hopeless.

All these companies are linked by the way, i also suspect that Welcome Finance are part of their "empire"

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

My bet is C L finance, but the 1st thing you get is a letter from Lewis, the next thing is one from Cohen solicitors, all this happens within about two weeks, then you only have Cohens to deal with, who issue claims like theres no tomorrow...but who get everything wrong:D

You never get to hear from Lewis or C L again.

Dont worry too much, Cohens are pretty hopeless.

All these companies are linked by the way, i also suspect that Welcome Finance are part of their "empire"

Have dealt with CL & Lewis before and told thm to go away, which they did. Look forward to meeting Cohens in court then, lol

• 3 weeks later...
Docman,

Only the first page has been 'certified' as a true copy of the original document. This could be significant because the terms and conditions are on the page that has not been certified. Maybe I'm just being picky.

Regards.

Fred

Just checking through the files, and the agreement and the terms that they sent was photocopied on one piece of paper to make it look like the original should.

So if they have certified the front, then in theory, that would be certifing the whole piece of paper, which includes the terms on the back.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2 Letters in the same envelope that I know came from Apex.

Goldfish_barclays_apex_10May09.jpg

Goldfish_barclays_apex_10May09a.jpg

So Apex have used BarclayCards headed paper and printed the Notice of Assignment on it although I am sure that BarclayCard will not be aware of this.

Also, they have again changed the account number, so it took me a good 10 minute to find out which account all of this related too.

Aktiv Kapital use this trick too - they sent me notices about Barclaycard informing me they had bought the debt, with attached letters supposedly from Barclaycard, dated 31 Dec 08 advising that they had sold the debts to Aktiv in July 08.

The thing is Barclaycard were still writing to me about the debts in October 2008, when Mercers (their in house team) wrote to me then telling me the debt was going to be sold.

If you're going to forge documents from Barclaycard, at least make the dates right...:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Just been going over all of the documents in this file and found something that has confused me other than that they keep changing account numbers in every other letter.

In post 39, they say that they are collecting for MBNA, but with the account title of Goldfish, and in Post 41, they say it is Goldfish.

Can someone check out the DN from Mercers to see if it is valid as I am unsure.

Today I got this latest letter, but I need advice on what to do next.

apex_morgan_stanley_13Juky001.jpg

Also they keep addressing it to Ms instead of Mrs, does this go in our favour in any way.

Thanks in Advance

They are trying scare tactics, i.e. we may do this, if we do this may happen etc. its all a long way from reality IMHO

For what its worth, i dont think they would win in court, (unless you got a totally biased and ignorant judge, as happened on here yesterday)

Have matching CCA for my OH, original copy was on 2 A3 pages and still pretty illegible, I agree that the 2nd page is pretty much cut and paste and I note that the 2 versions yours and mine share the 2nd page, ie I believe that they have this 'proforma' copy and attach it to all replies!!

On the A3 version it is possible to read the reference to 'condition 16 of the terms and conditions' and I can't see condition 16 on the 2nd page!!! Also why do the Financial and RElated conditions start with number 2 not number 1 and the numbers are in a different font to the front page?

We have CPR'd them - ignored

We have challenged the enforceablility of the CCA - ignored

I believe that the CCA you have posted (which is exactly the same as the one we have here) is not enforceable - does anyone agree?

Apex have gone away, Debt Managers have been appraised of the situation and have gone away to consult their files

We are watching with interest - be strong!!

Thanks for the reply

There are only sections 2, 3 and 4 on the 2nd page

As for a reference to Condition 16, it is impossible to read anything, except the odd word here and there.

Should I just sit tight and wait for the next letter?

Good question!

Perhaps site team might be able to help us here?

The last letter you received is pretty threatening, really feel like responding in a few words

' CCA unenforceable - over to you chaps'

Is this how we should play these? It seems the more verbose my letters the more standard the reply - which means they are not reading/understanding the letters

What do you think?