My grudge with NatWest

ceborame
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there anything that can be done about the way NatWest operates its banking methods, in a way that will deliberatley make charges applicable to an account.

For example: I have recently been charged £70 for them paying 2 guaranteed cheques. I had about £30 available on my overdraft. 1 cheque was for £25 the other £40.

Because they paid the £40 first (this is on the same day) this made me overdrawn so then they didn't pay the £25 cheque then I was charged the £70 for 2 cheques. And I will also have the unarranged borrowing fee at the month end of £28, so £98 this will cost me !!! I find this type of thing extremely unfair.

Also how can debits suddenly appear later in the day. I check my account online every morning before work and I know exactly how much is available. On more than a few occasions a debit has come in to my account that wasn't there on new entries that day. So if I have needed to draw most of my available funds that day I am overdrawn again !!

Why can't I pay in cash on the same day to cover a cheque or D/D that was making me overdrawn?

Why do NatWest staff often conflict with comments made on previous calls

such as the same day cash cover, months ago they told us pay in before 3pm and the debits are covered. Now they say it can't be done.

If you call the service centre and talk to customer services, they will say you can cancel a D/D on the same day, but customer lending will say you can't ?

Why in this day can't debit card payments come out immediatley ?

As this is my first post, what can be done about all these charges ?

Regards

Ceborame

Welcome to the Group. If you read the FAQ and around the posts you will find out what YOU can do

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Thanks I've already sent the DPA letter requesting 6 years worth of charges and/or statements. I found this reassuring.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1141050760,24632,

I will post back with any further info when necessary.

By the way, they want me to take out a consolidation loan, return my cards and cheque book, and just have a solo card. They have given me 2 weeks to reply and then I don't know what thay are going to do.

Any thoughts ?

ceborame

Yes. Don't let them bully you. Take control.

- Open a bank account elsewhere now.

- Transfer your wages/benefits/d/d, s/o etc to the new account. then if they want your card and cheque book back, big deal!

- Once your new account is up and running, negotiate the terms of repayment of your o/draft with NWB. Don't offer to repay more than you can realistically afford, hopefully by the time you get your bank charges back, you'll be able to pay a big chunk off it anyway.

Remember, once they can't get their grubby paws on your wages, they just become another creditor, that's all. And they will settle for a realistic repayment schedule. I know, because this is exactly the same scenario that happened to me a few years back.

Negotiate that they temporarily increase your o/d up to where you are now so you incur no more charges, and ask them to reduce your o/d every time you've gone down another £100 until you have no o/d left (they were supposed to with me and never did, i had to call them and tell them to lower it :roll: )

Now this is embarrasing!

2 weeks ago Lloyds TSB wouldn't even offer me any form of account, not even one to just pay my wages into.

We went in and spoke to a customer accounts manager, and applied with their help !

their reason was the credit score and the fact we already had an operating account with nat west.

Mick

Iv'e been reading through a lot of posts and I'm a bit concerned that I should have included some payment for the info.

Should I start again, this time enclosing £10?

Also, I'm making a claim for refund of charges on 2 nat west accounts, do I need 2 x £10 or is just 1 payment ok ?

regards

ceborame

I payment if you make a single DPA request for both accounts.

Send it.

• 2 weeks later...

Of all the fees, charges and interest that nat west charges its customers, where do I stand on asking them to refund the following:

1 Advantage gold monthly fee £10

2 overdraft interest

3 un arranged borrowing fee

4 card mis use

5 refferal charge

6 unpaid items

regards

ceborame

Hi,

I would like to know this also, my bank paid an item for me which then sent me into overdraft and are charging me £20 for them paying plus unauthorised overdraft interest and a monthly unauthorised fee of £28. Can I claim it all back?

Thanks alot,

Keith

Hi,

I would like to know this also, my bank paid an item for me which then sent me into overdraft and are charging me £20 for them paying plus unauthorised overdraft interest and a monthly unauthorised fee of £28. Can I claim it all back?

Thanks alot,

Keith

Hi

The two fees are claimable - have a look at the FAQ's and check out the step-by-step guide:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=243

Please can you also start your own thread or it gets confusing for people following cases through.

Of all the fees, charges and interest that nat west charges its customers, where do I stand on asking them to refund the following:

1 Advantage gold monthly fee £10

2 overdraft interest

3 un arranged borrowing fee

4 card mis use

5 refferal charge

6 unpaid items

regards

ceborame

Hi

I would suggest the following would be the case:

1) Assume this is a fee for the Advantage Gold service so it is not reclaimable

2) Only if it is unlawful charges that have caused it

3) Yes

4) Yes

5) Need to know what this charge relates to

6) Yes

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Can anyone offer assistance in the draft of the initial letter to be sent to my bank to help me in a successful start to my campaign to claim back bank charges applied to my account. Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Hi,

Can anyone offer assistance in the draft of the initial letter to be sent to my bank to help me in a successful start to my campaign to claim back bank charges applied to my account. Any assistance will be much appreciated.

This request shows that you have come onto the site and have not looked at the FAQ, the library or the forum material generally.

It takes about two days or so and is worth doing. It would be unfair of you not to do this.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks