Collect Services collecting on Behalf of London Borough of Brent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5841 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sweet,

These beggars are notorious for claiming they haven't received things. I know cash is tight but send it recorded delivery. That way they can't claim they didn't receive it. (BTW 2nd class recorded is 99p).

The amount of recorded delivery letters I have sent out in the last 3 weeks...I need a job working in the post office:D....yep I will do it tuesday cause of the bank hols....

ALTHOUGH a word of advice that recorded delivery aint all its cracked up to be as I had a letter delivered once that the person was not asked to sign for, only reason why I found out is I got a call from someone at the Uni in charge of receiving the post and saw that the respondant wasn't asked to sign by postman.....what do you think Royal Mail sent as an apology....yep a book of 1st class stamps:rolleyes:

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

Pin1OnU you were so right:D Got another demand for money threatening me with sending Senior Baliff Manager & Removal Contractor.....only this time they didn't put the cost up:eek: So I called them and asked them if they did not get the letter posted 19th May, also email 19th and then the email 23rd....they claimed they could not open attachment so I sent it again with all other emails and even a compatible word doc in case they really couldnt view word 2007,(I'm THAT considerate:D) they even checked post said they didn't get it but 1st class post sent 19th still would have reached before bank hol's... I mean I got theirs didn't I:rolleyes:.

All this while still on the phone, then I was wondering if this was one sneaky plot to charge the money to my mobile phone bill :roll:I was on so long...oh well, got there in the end.

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Pin1OnU you were so right:D Got another demand for money threatening me with sending Senior Baliff Manager & Removal Contractor.....only this time they didn't put the cost up:eek: So I called them and asked them if they did not get the letter posted 19th May, also email 19th and then the email 23rd....they claimed they could not open attachment so I sent it again with all other emails and even a compatible word doc in case they really couldnt view word 2007,(I'm THAT considerate:D) they even checked post said they didn't get it but 1st class post sent 19th still would have reached before bank hol's... I mean I got theirs didn't I:rolleyes:.

All this while still on the phone, then I was wondering if this was one sneaky plot to charge the money to my mobile phone bill :roll:I was on so long...oh well, got there in the end.

Under the interpretation act 1978 you addressed the letter and sent it (and you've got proof). Its up to them to prove that they didn't receive it.

Make sure that you print off a copy of the receipt notice when Royal Mail post it on the net. It will give you evidence against them should this rumble on. A judge will take a dim view if they've ignored your representations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You, You have been a big help...you to Rob:D

Collect Services responded with another letter titled Late Statutory Declaration stating enforcement proceedings have only been delayed for 7 days pending notification from Northampton to their client and Baliff action will contine if they do not get any instructions from their client not to.

No print out of account and charges as requested just the same bill for £422.52 so what next:?

Also....my local county court are useless, they have sworn the documents but the person who signed it failed to state who he was when he signed it and both have been returned to me....can you believe that?

What a palava, I emailed the county court the copies of the penalty charges that were incorrectly sworn without identification of who he was. Instead of them look at the email after the phone call made to them where they knew I would email them over to be corrected, the emails sat there till Tuesday when I had received an email from the TEC to say they had still not had them back from the county court.

I then had to get them to chase up the email to deal with it and called TEC today to see if they'd received it back yet only to be told no, so when I called the county court again, instead of emailing it back for the urgent attention of....they stuck it in the post back to the tec....and lets just hope thats where they sent it:x

Just an update to state that Collect Services have not responded to either email or letter regarding screen shot.

I sent two declarations for fines into northampton.

The second one was for parking outside my daughter's nursery as advised by the nursery manager who stated the parents have two mins loading and unloading as the nursery have no car park of their own. However traffic wardens were laying in wait and on this particular day was selectively issuing tickets. I disputed this on the day of getting the ticket and emailed the relevent department however they chose to ignore my complaint and wanted to charge me. I sent a copy of my original email in with my declaration.

Today I received a letter stating the charge certificate must be cancelled, what does this mean as it also stated that it does not cancel the original charge notice and the local authority may still try and take further action.:confused:

Just an update to state that Collect Services have not responded to either email or letter regarding screen shot.

I sent two declarations for fines into northampton.

The second one was for parking outside my daughter's nursery as advised by the nursery manager who stated the parents have two mins loading and unloading as the nursery have no car park of their own. However traffic wardens were laying in wait and on this particular day was selectively issuing tickets. I disputed this on the day of getting the ticket and emailed the relevent department however they chose to ignore my complaint and wanted to charge me. I sent a copy of my original email in with my declaration.

Today I received a letter stating the charge certificate must be cancelled, what does this mean as it also stated that it does not cancel the original charge notice and the local authority may still try and take further action.:confused:

That sounds about right.

What they're saying is the PCN isn't cancelled. The issuing council have to send you a new Notice to Owner. You then have the option paying the original amount or engaging in the appeals process. However the bailiff and his added costs do disappear.

Be warned the whole rigamorale will start again if you appeal and lose, or elect to pay up and then miss the deadlines.

If you going to appeal then I would suggest you put some money aside in case you have to pay. Also if it is going to cause problems you may be able to enter into an arrangement with the council to pay off the amount gradually. They don't have to do this but if you let them know your circumstances you may find they are sympathetic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you....this I will definately be disputing to the fullest;)

I have finally receieved a response from Collect today dated 16th June, where they confirmed all action was now withheld pending the outcome of Statutory Declaration.

As for a breakdown of charges they are stated as:

05-2-2008 Costs £5.00

05-2-2008 Debt £120.00

07-3-2008 Letter fee £11.20 VAT £1.96

05-4-2008 Visit/Levy Fee 1 £39.00 VAT £6.83

05-4-2008 Attendance to Remove £140.00 VAT £24.50

14-5-2008 Visit/Levy 2 £63.00 VAT £11.03

I can not confirm if the visit on the 5th was for attendance to remove as I was away however I do know the letter they left did not imply they came to take goods that day. But as no one was home they are well aware I can not disprove or prove this unless my neighbours have a good memory.

Did you receive this information as a breakdown of from a screen shot ?

Its a Statement of Account doesn't look like a screen shot. I can post it if you want an just take out my personal details but this will take a while as my main pc wont start up so I can scan documents.