dg2007 v nationwide

debrag2007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5811 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok, I must say that a big difference to how they have bombarded me with letters. Conflicting ones at that. I must have struck a nerve then.

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

Good luck ;)

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

can i file the papers at any court? I work in central London so as looking at going to one of the ones near me namely - wc2a

I'm confused about the N1 form -

this is quoted in the thread:

Charges £xxx.xx

Associated overdraft interest charges £xxx.xx

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx

Court Fee £xx.xx

TOTAL £ xx.xx

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day [(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day)] OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

but on the form value is an area to write in an below that:

Amount claimed

Court fee

Solicitor’s costs

Total amount

Edited by debrag2007

I'm confused about the N1 form -

U don't say precisely WHAT U are confued about??...:confused:

this is quoted in the thread:

Quote:

Charges £xxx.xx

Associated overdraft interest charges £xxx.xx

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx

Court Fee £xx.xx

TOTAL £ xx.xx

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day [(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day)] OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

but on the form value is an area to write in an below that:

Quote:

Amount claimed

Court fee

Solicitor’s costs

Total amount

U put the TOTAL amount that U are Claiming up to + on the day that U File your Claim @ Court.

...:)

I'm confused about the stuff I mentioned.

where does the following go on the form:

Charges amount I'm claiming

Associated overdraft interest charges none

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 total interest charges

Court Fee amount to file papers

TOTAL £ sum

Do I not fill in the bottom? is so it the 'ammount' charges + interest or just charges? is the stuff in pink correct?

n1form.JPG

My POC:

The Claimant has an account (Edit) with the Defendant, opened Feb 2006. Since 24/03/2006 the Defendant debited charges and interest in respect of purported breaches of contract. Defendant is aware of all details as a list of charges has already been supplied. Claimant contends: The charges exceed the Defendant's losses caused by the breaches; The Term permitting the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and at Common Law. Claimant claims: return of the amounts debited of £870; Interest per S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8% - £101.08 continuing at 8% until judgment or settlement at a daily rate of £0.00022; Alternatively, if the charges are a fee for a service, then they must be reasonable under S.15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Costs allowed by the Court.

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 24/03/2006 to 03/07/2008 of £ 101.08 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.1914.

Is this correct? Edited by maroondevo52
Removal of personal information.

Just came by to see how yours was going and to say Nationwide called to say they were refunding all charges I have now been given an offer of payment which I will get in the next few days.

Can anyone tell my if debts of over 6 years can still be reclaimed by the Banks. Thanks

Lucybrook

Hello and Welcome, Lucybrook.

Here's some info on Statute Barred debts.........

IHTM28384 - Law relating to debts: statute-barred debts

If a lender allows time to pass without receiving any payment an action for recovery may become barred.

Under the Limitations Act 1980 the time limits are

in simple contracts, 6 years

in contracts under seal, 12 years.

If the debtor acknowledges the debt in writing or makes a part payment within the original limitation period, then the time limits start to run again from the date of acknowledgement or the date of payment.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Just came by to see how yours was going and to say Nationwide called to say they were refunding all charges I have now been given an offer of payment which I will get in the next few days.

that is good news. I thought they were staying everything till the case was over.

I have no idea but I didn't even have to take mine to court once I completed the expenditure and had spoken with the someone when they said they had not received it , we then did it via phone and I sent a copy of my original letter via internet banking with a breakdown of my finances and circumstances....then I didn't hear anything from the last time I posted on my thread until yesterday where I was told they had good news for me and was going back 6 years refunding my charges though I did say my account has only been open since 04 so she said they'd be sending me a print out of all charges and refunding it.