If you have ever had to fill in a DLA renewal form...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

.. then add your name to this petition ...

We all know it takes hours to fill one in , the questions repeat themselves and some people who really would benefit from DLA etc can be put off claiming.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Done - i did my partner's for him and it was a nightmare!!!

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

My sister advised me to complete the DLA form but I failed to express myself well so never did submit it. I know I'm losing out but I've had some really bad experiences just trying to keep my I.S. with disability allowance! The last straw was having to appeal to a tribunal and the stress of waiting etc.

I actually develop panic attacks when I get near to the time of renewal. I hear voices any how and it feels they will go mad around then, so I try to avoid it untill last minute to the point of not handing it in last time. Since filling in so many forms has anyone else found that they get panicked about filling in the slightest form as well, sounds silly but I think its become a phobia.

Its the idea of divulging so much personal info to people we dont know.

I filled out my husbands with his OT and it is a nightmare....You just keep repeating yourself over and over..........I was told by my husbands OT that there are "KEY" words that the DLA look for in the form.Almost like a test on how ill you are!!!!!!!!!........... Of course you dont know what they are,which is why OT told us she would fill it out for us........ Its a farce!!!

• 1 month later...
I actually develop panic attacks when I get near to the time of renewal. I hear voices any how and it feels they will go mad around then, so I try to avoid it untill last minute to the point of not handing it in last time. Since filling in so many forms has anyone else found that they get panicked about filling in the slightest form as well, sounds silly but I think its become a phobia.

Its the idea of divulging so much personal info to people we dont know.

I can totally understand how you feel. Having completed so many forms over the years, they fill me with dread, they make you feel like a criminal from the start. I have been ill for the past 14 years, some of which I worked, until the Dr's said enough, stop, or it will kill you. Only now, some 6 years down the line have I managed to get a little help from the DLA, talk about jumping through hoops to get there. Dr after Dr, phone calls to go through every bit of the form that you filled in months prior, to try and catch you out. Dr's visiting the house, they seem to disregard your own Consultants and GP reports and then decide that you only need basic care. Which is not the case. I want to appeal, but I don't feel strong enough to battle them any further, I will wait until they do the yearly review. It all leaves you completely exhausted.

• 2 weeks later...

Signed

If my posts have helped you please use the scales at the top of my posts :)

Any opinions from Jannercobbler are strictly my own and I have no affiliation with any group or services.

The two most beautiful words in the English Language are "Cheque Enclosed" - Dorothy Parker

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/399-abbey-letter-sent.html

Me v Abbey - £3000 + Int + Costs + Credit File Cleaned.

LBA Sent 12/3/06

Court Claim started - 31/5/2006

Allocation Questionnaire Filed - 24/7/06

Court Date allocated 31/10/2006

Me v Citi-Cards - CCA Sent 27/07/06

Me v Citi-Cards - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Capital One - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - CCA Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - DPA Sent 03/08/06

You'll never guess what came through the post today:eek:

I have the last application copy in a file and will go to cab, but I'll warn my doctor when I go in a couple of weeks because I can feel me wanting to stuff it in a draw and go away.

Its odd because I know Ill deteriate without the extra money but its as if Id prefer that than fill it in. I think Ill sort myself out but alots been going on and the idea of being looked at by a stranger fills me with fear, as if their judging me, yet I understand that they have too. its the panic

• 2 weeks later...

When i first applied for DLA i got refused and i went to the welfare rights and they fought my case at a tribunial and i won i got all the money backdated to when i applied and i am still on DLA and i have a mobility car too! contact the welfare rights and someone will come out to your house and fill in all your form for you they know exactly what to put in the forms and thay are very nice people. Good Luck xx

I get a photocopy of the previous "winning" form and go to the local council welfare rights officer.

Dealing with the DWP in any way, shape or form gives mean nightmares, panic attacks and insomnia. Ever since they made me go to appeal after one of their "medicals" took my IB away for six months until the day of my tribunal when we found out they'd capitulated 2 weeks earlier but not bothered to inform us. Six months of trying to survive, eat and pay bills on £25 per week. We even had to sell our furniture to buy food.

And I used to work for the DWP- no wonder I'm ill!:rolleyes:

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My sister advised me to complete the DLA form but I failed to express myself well so never did submit it. I know I'm losing out but I've had some really bad experiences just trying to keep my I.S. with disability allowance! The last straw was having to appeal to a tribunal and the stress of waiting etc.

Go to CAB.

I consider myself extremely competent and failed 2 times because I hadn't filled in the forms properly.

I went to CAB - Citizens Advice Bureau - and though it took a total of 4 hours and got what I was entitled to.

CAB will help you the whole way through it and whilst I wouldn't recommend them for everything - because they claim to do to many things - I cannot fault them in helping to deal with this - though make sure you get somebody who specifically deals with DLA forms, it's a profession to itself!

I've signed the petition - though I doubt it'll do an ounce of good with these mongrels - but it's worth a try!

Edited by legalpickle
signed petition

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

It must be coming to the time to fill in a renewal form, they said about 6 months before the current claim is up for review. I have already spoken to my GP, to make sure she is fully aware of the care needs etc. The last time it was filled in, she said, "we don't really know your home circumstances, so we leave most of it blank" -well, fair enough, but, you know my medical conditions, you know how that affects a person and subsequent care needed. Leaving it blank is as good as saying there is no care needed, no wonder it was a battle Royal to fight my corner.

Go to CAB.

I consider myself extremely competent and failed 2 times because I hadn't filled in the forms properly.

I went to CAB - Citizens Advice Bureau - and though it took a total of 4 hours and got what I was entitled to.

CAB will help you the whole way through it and whilst I wouldn't recommend them for everything - because they claim to do to many things - I cannot fault them in helping to deal with this - though make sure you get somebody who specifically deals with DLA forms, it's a profession to itself!

Good advice using CAB to help do your forms for DLA. As both disabled and an Adviser, I know how hard they make it to fill in properly.

Not sure about your statement that we "claim to do too many things" though. Would you care to elaborate on that one? All advisers are highly trained in generalist advice, and have a wealth of knowledge at our fingertips. It's not about knowing everything, but about knowing where to find the information a client needs. And if it is too complicated for the adviser involved we also have a host of experts in each field who can give more expert advice, as well as a database of solicitors who give up their own time to give free advice at our bureaux.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ive had a bad time with these jokers but im getting the welfare ppl to help me with the form this time what with them getting wrong name on the form then wrong address then saying ohh your illness doesnt matter your still been turned down for it its a joke and the final insult was when they turned me down before id even sent in the form to appeal the decision so at that point decieded id start from scratch although i will take the forms along with me cos she might well say no we go with appeal think app is in oct for it its all one big joke though isnt it the system cos i had it for a year then was taken away why nothing had changed just the doc they sent round lied said i could walk 44 yards when he only seen me walk three steps to the door and back so ill not make that mistake again :confused:xxkia

I have just sent in my next application, seeing as my current one runs out in February, they want to make sure they have enough time to process the claim - good grief, 5 months might just do it ! Pity the disability won't expire - they do not seem to understand that some things do not get better, they get progressively worse and more disabling. If yet another Dr is requested, I will be phoning them to say, save your money, do you not read what it written by the medical profession - what don't you understand about progressive and ongoing? I would much rather be pain free and able bodied, than made to feel like I am begging. I won't hesitate to go to appeal should it be necessary.

It's all very well going to CAB, but if it's anything like ours, they are opened every day that doesn't contain an "a", from 9.30 to 9.47 as long as the Moon and Sun are in the right alignment, or something like that. :-(

A tip to anyone in this unpleasant boat is to make a photocopy of the previous form and keep it for the next time so you can refer to it and fill in the new form according to deterioration/stability/improvement. Personally, because my handwriting is near-illegible, I typed it all, then put it in boxes I cut and glued on the form, and I will do the same again next year, in time for autistic child's 12th birthday, I didn't know there was a sudden cure for autism that happened at 12, but hey-ho... :-|... In fact, I will be pushing for mobility higher rate this time, as he gets older and bigger, his mobility difficulties are even more significant, because dragging him off the road if he freezes is getting more and more difficult for me. :-(

yep our cab opens mon to thursday 10 to 2 but dont expect to get out of there this week cos likely as not youll still be sat waiting long after it closes :confused:i am kinda hoping theyll say ohh well try the appeal even though its been a while since i abandoned the claim xxkia

We don't have much CAB coverage around here, but we have a great advocacy service, who have got me into the local council welfare rights officer and a good local legal aid (or whatever it is now) solicitor.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

we filled a renewal in with the cab and it was regected

shes now ill again and we got welfare rights a cpn nurse and a sotialworker to to gethere to fill it in now awaiting the reply if they regect were appeling

signed the pertition aswell

There is now a new sticky at the top of this firum which may help a lot of people in filling in DLA forms i.e using the correct medical terms etc and also a section thats deals with the level of medical condition i.e lower,mid or higher as laid down by the DWP.

Regards

Leon

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I feel very lucky not having to fill in these forms again, although took me two years to finally get the right amounts. Ive been claiming DLA for over ten years now and it has been a godsend but very very hard to get. Some questions are absolutely rediculas but are there for a purpose. DLA used to be given out willy nilly and people used to abuse it, so really you should blame those for the forms being such a pain.

Unless you have a lifelong illness or an illness that will cause lifelong effects

ie; strokes, MS, MD, etc. you will get knocked back the first time. I supose they look at it as if you really need it you will appeal.

It does help your case if you get a nurse or doctor or therapist [sp] to help fill it in for you and always make a copy.

I remember seeing at least three doctors, a home visit and countless letters sent from people like my care workers doctors and O/T before i got a decision made. I must say Ive only ever had to apply for it twice and the last time was over 7 years ago, but the questions seem to be the same as when I first applied. A good tip here always answer the questions as if your talking about your worse day.