JSA Allowance - Signing day falls on a Bank Holiday Monday

volvo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

What happens if your usual signing on day (Monday) for JobSeekers Allowance falls on a Bank Holiday monday ie; Monday 26th May 2008.

1. Do they just credit you as having signed and wait until your next signing on day in a fortnights time for you to sign.

2. Do they get you to sign on the next working day, say Tuesday 27th May.

3. Do they get you to sign on the day before, say Friday 23rd May 2008.

Many Thanks

VOLVO

Edited by volvo
no longer applicable

Telephone then as soon as is practical (local number on the back of your booklet) to rearrange you’re signing time.

Providing you do this you won’t loose any entitlements even if it’s after the date of signing.

Failure to let them know may do, it’s yours not their responsibility.

Guest wino

Hi Volvo

My son did not realise it was a bank holiday last easter (Good Friday) He went to sign on and it was shut. He went on the following Tuesday and was told he wouldn't be getting any money as he should of gone the day before his normal day. So he lost two weeks entitlement.

Lucky for him we still put a roof over his head and food in his stomach but what happens if he was relying on his benefits to put money into his electric meter or food?

• 2 weeks later...

If your usual signing day falls on a Bank Holiday then you don't need to do anything.

You will be excused signing for that day and your payment will be automatically advanced in order that receive it on time.

David

If your usual signing day falls on a Bank Holiday then you don't need to do anything.

You will be excused signing for that day and your payment will be automatically advanced in order that receive it on time.

David

Not in my area.

We have to sign on the Tuesday. The BA should inform you of any arrangements.

• 1 year later...
Hi Volvo

My son did not realise it was a bank holiday last easter (Good Friday) He went to sign on and it was shut. He went on the following Tuesday and was told he wouldn't be getting any money as he should of gone the day before his normal day. So he lost two weeks entitlement.

Lucky for him we still put a roof over his head and food in his stomach but what happens if he was relying on his benefits to put money into his electric meter or food?

hi i think your son has pulled a fast one on you as i know that if you are due to sign on a bank holiday you are usually excused. if you miss your signing on date they will make you a new appointment they definetly do not send you away as this is breaking the law as you are under contract with jsa . and you definetly dont lose your money , you may loose the day but definetly not the 2 weeks. i know this for a fact as i have missed my days to sign on numerous occassions and have needed to sign on bank holidays also be aware that if your payment is due over a bank holiday period they send it a few days early. so maybe he has pulled a fast 1 on you, but there again if he has just left school i dont know the rules for sighning then

You should be excused and your money will be sent out as though you've signed.

As for signing on the Tuesday - how would that work considering everybody who NORMALLY signs on a Tuesday anyway?! Surely the Jobcentre wouldn't have enough staff to deal with double the amount of people!

Your signing is excused and your payment is advanced. Your son will definitely have to attend the following fortnight and to the best of my knowledge, your son will then be asked to provide two signatures, one for the fortnight that has just come to an end and one for the previous fortnight. I have never heard of people being asked to attend on the Tuesday instead. I have never heard of claims being closed because someone didn't attend on a day the office is shut but obviously that doesn't mean it has never happened.

Please note that if you live in Scotland, the offices are still open on Monday 25th as it is not a bank holiday in Scotland. Anyone with any queries should contact their local JCP.

• 2 years later...
hi i think your son has pulled a fast one on you as i know that if you are due to sign on a bank holiday you are usually excused. if you miss your signing on date they will make you a new appointment they definetly do not send you away as this is breaking the law as you are under contract with jsa . and you definetly dont lose your money , you may loose the day but definetly not the 2 weeks. i know this for a fact as i have missed my days to sign on numerous occassions and have needed to sign on bank holidays also be aware that if your payment is due over a bank holiday period they send it a few days early. so maybe he has pulled a fast 1 on you, but there again if he has just left school i dont know the rules for sighning then

no his son has not pulled a fast one on him, the complete noncense , this has happened to me on a few occasions and the job centre repeatedly fail to do anything about it

the office that I work in issue letter es21(I think) to adbvise of the revised signing arrangememnts which are that the signing on the bank holiday is excused and payment is issued on advance to credit on the normal payment day or the working day before.

any jobcentres that i have had dealings with have always excused signing on for bank holiday office closures

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.