Need advice re a Debt Letter i have just received

hcb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again the amount involved is £7006.00 - this is what have wrote on defence form

i wish to inform in my defence that from sept 1997 i have had no letter/telephone contact or made any payments to Lloyds bank relating to this account ref no and any contact/payments made to Lloyds bank ceased in June 1999 and these payments related to different account ref numbers

Therefore as no letter/telephone contact or payments have been made concerning any account ref numbers relating to Lloyds bank for over 8 years this debit is out of limitation and is statue barred. please also see the attached letter i sent recorded delivery to Lowell Finance on 14th April 2008 stating this.

can someone tell me if the above is ok as need to send this off today recorded delivery debit advice also advised me to send a copy of my defence bit and the letter again to Lowell Finance what you think and do i just write my name and not put my signature

hcb

Your defence is that the debt is Statute Barred due to Sect 5 of the Limitation Act 1980 in that no written communication or payment has been made between you and Lloyds for a period exceeding 6 years. You have informed the claimants of this by recorded delivery letter on DATE and they have failed to supply you with proof that any payments or communications were made.

You believe the Claimants case is without substance and by its nature is Vexatious. You will put the Claimants to Strict Proof that the alleged debt is not barred by Statute.

You also will bring to the Courts attention the failure of the Claimants to supply you with information as requested under CPR.

You belie

Thanks ODC i will write what you have put do i still need to sign or write my name and do i need to put my date of birth. what is a DCA is it a debit councellor advisor forgive me i am a bit thick on things like this nevewr been in this situation before i work with homeless people in a hostel so i know how hard things are. shall o send the same letter letter to Lowell please reply soon i know am asking for a lot of help but due back at work tomorrow at 12.30pm for 24 hr shift really need to send letter tomorrow morning please thank you

hcb

Hi ODC

Can you please confirm as I am in a very similiar situation as the OP.

If a CCJ was obtained for the debt, is the debt excluded from "Statue Barred.

The DCA are telling me as a CCJ was granted, (I have checked with the court, and it was even tho it was well over 6 years ago) the DCA are stating the debt is excluded from "Statue Barred.

Unfortunately this is true. If a CCJ was granted then it remains in force. However if it was well over 6 years ago then the DCA would have to apply to the Court tp enforce it after this time and would have to give reasons as to why it was not previously enforced. It could leave you now in a position to get a favourable F&FS. If you can prove that you have been living at the same address and easily contactable you may have a case for asking for the CCJ to be set aside.

Have a read of these

Removal of CCJ's - Valid reasons to have your judgements set aside

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n244_0400.pdf

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/125173-getting-ccj-overturned-3.html?highlight=ccj+set+aside

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again just to let you know whats been happening have sent my court form off with my defence attached to it as ODC recommented i do on post 22/4/08. i have received letter from the courts stating that they have forwarded my defence statement onto Lowell Finance its now a case of waiting - i will fight this all the way - will keep you informed

hcb

Gdgd dont let them win.

Just in case no body has explained to you yet this is what will happen.

they will, like the letter says, pass the deffence to lowells who will be given 28 days to reply to the courts regarding what you have said. This reply will be basicaly based on what they have said do u wish to continue?

They then get the option to tell the courts yes we want to procede or no we dont want to procede, which basically means u have then won.

If they dont reply within 28 days the courts will put a stay on the case which will then need to be lifted by a court order which lowells will need to apply for and give a good reason why they did not reply within 28 days. Basically you can then say you dont think it fair they dont need to follow court orders blah blah blah, we will help u with that more nearer the time.

• Haha 1

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

well that would ave been put in the AQ i would have thought. If not as she is defending the case would it not get transfered automatically?

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

hi again i have still not heared anything yet will keep you posted what does AQ mean and how do i get it transferred to my local court if i need to should i do this now or wait to see what happens

thanks you guys for all this help

hcb

AQ is an Allocation Questionaire :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

hcb keep us informed please

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

If you are defending the case it should get transfered to your local court.

If not you can always apply for it to be transfered.

HCB if you need to go to court and you are local to me i'd be happy to go with you....also you need to claim your costs for example...

Research into legal information 7 hours at £9:50 per hour

Time in attendance at court .....hours

Travel costs

42man i live in leicestershire

Hi peeps have received a letter this morning its from Lowells Legal dept Hamptons Legal this is what the letter says

we have been informed by the court that you have filed a defence in response to our clients claim we are currently assessing the grounds of your defence so that we may make our representations to the court. In an attempt to avoid us both incurring considerable time and expense of this matter proceeding through to trial we would ask that you contact our office to discuss how we may resolve any dispute you have with our clients claim. Our intention is to look into the possibility of discounting a proportion of our clients claim in an effort to conclude this matter before trial.

that is the letter

i know as everyone has taught me never to ring and speak to them which i havent done - i now need to know what to do

hcb

If I read the following correctly this debt is statute barred.. so I guess they would be very happy indeed for you to telephone them and arrange a discount.

I would wait for someone like 42man or Godmother to catch up with your thread. I am sure they will advise definitely NOT to speak to them on the phone.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Quite right CitizenB...do not speak to them on the phone....they will get the shock of their lives if they carry on with this action, as you will be able to claim costs also, they are incredibly foolish if they carry on with this action...!!! Leicestershire would be ok for me as I lived there for 21 years !!!

I love the way Hamptons iLegal arrive on the scene claiming that Lowells are their clients:rolleyes:. Who are they trying to kid. Lowells = Red Debt = Hamptons = same sh!t different notepaper. Under no circumstances phone them.

Drop them a short letter

Dear Lowell Apologists

Thank you for your letter the contents of which are noted.

Your clients are in default of my lawful request under the Civil Procedure Rules. As you claim to be their legal representatives then perhaps you should advise them of the possible consequences of such a default.

If you or your clients do not understand my CPR request I suggest that you take Legal Advice from a REAL solicitor.

I love the way Hamptons iLegal arrive on the scene claiming that Lowells are their clients:rolleyes:. Who are they trying to kid. Lowells = Red Debt = Hamptons = same sh!t different notepaper. Under no circumstances phone them.

Drop them a short letter

Dear Lowell Apologists

Your clients are in default of my lawful request under the Civil Procedure Rules. As you claim to be their legal representatives then perhaps you should advise them of the possible consequences of such a default.

If you or your clients do not understand my CPR request I suggest that you take Legal Advice from a REAL solicitor.

:D Nice one ODC xx

BCOBS

Drop them a short letter

Dear Lowell Apologists

ODC next time u do somethong like that could u put a warning notice up first. I nearly had drink all over my monitor.

Anyway dont ring them as 42 man said and dont let them offer u anything except the SB debt wiped and at least a fair wack in compo.