Need advice re a Debt Letter i have just received

hcb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there am back again - as you may have guessed i have received another letter from Global Debt Recovery Ltd - 28th January 2009

the letter reads

Notice of Assignment

Dear

A/C no.

We hereby give you notice that Lloyds TSB Bank PLc has assigned to Global Debt Recovery Ltd (Global) on 22nd December 2006 all of the Lloyds TSB's right, title and interest in, to and under the above detailed a/c. Global then assigned to FV-, Inc. ("FV-1") on 22nd December all of Global's right, title and interest in, to and under the above detailed account.

We have been appointed by FV-1 to administer the account. As a result of this assignment the full amount is now due to FV-1, Inc. You should not make any payments to Lloyds TSB in respect of the account as it will take longer to process the payment and credit it to your account with FV-1.

You should contact this office immediately so that we can agree payment terms with you.

FV-1 has the rights as did Lloyds TSB and Global to give information to credit referencing agencies about the personal debt that you owe in respect of this account if:

You have fallen behind with your payments

the amount owed is not in dispute and

you have not made proposels we are satisfied with for repaying the debt, following this formal demand by FV-1 for £1467.28 the amount due on your account.

Please do not ignore this letter - we look forward to hearing from you

End of letter

As i know i have said previously with regards to any debts that i have had with Lloyds i have made no payments or contacted Lloyds regarding any debts i have with them from i recall at least 2001/2

What do i do - again yes i know not to contact them - which of course i havent - but i dont know what to do now - HELP AGAIN PLEASE ;-(

hcb

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

URGENT

Hi there again - just had something that has unerved me - just received t/c from a women asked to speak to me i asked who was calling she said is that (then said my name again) i said yes i then asked where she was calling from and she said Global something then rang a bell i asked her what it was about and she kept going into conversation and trying to explain something to me i again asked her what company etc - she then said Global i said i did not wish to speak to her and put the phone down. She then rang back - i then told her that i did not want to speak to her and to not contact this number again - i think its from the company that i had the letter from (see previous entry). Please help have i said something i shouldnt have done am now stressing and worrying - am going on holiday tomorrow for a week and really dont want to think about all this stuff/debt. Shall i change my telephone number - could someone please get back to me and advise me

hcb

DO NOT SPEAK TO THESE PEOPLE ON THE TELEPHONE

If they ring again just set the phone down and go and do something else.

They have yet to write to you to advise you what the actual debt is for.

what i said to them when they phoned about 10 mins ago - have made it worse - what i said like confirming my name is that bad - really stressing about it now - didnt tell them anything else or acknowledged anything else - shall i change my house phone number and anyway where did they get it from am ex directory

hcb

You have not made it worse by speaking to them. They should have went through security with you to establish your identity before discussing the matter with you.

Go on holiday and forget about these cretins. We will help you sort them out when you come back.

sorry to bother you again - i didnt speak to them about anything or even confirm anything apart from what my name was - shall i change my phone number

hcb

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again - am gonna buy the truecall how do i go about claiming the truecall recorder card - also received a letter the other day 9th march 09 (been away) on the letter it states the debt amount of £1467.28 the letter states

We would appreciate your assistance by calling us on (in bold) 0208 336 7178 to discuss the above account.

Thats it what do i do now - just wait - help again please

hcb

Hi again - i maybe a bit stupid but i just need to know asap who i am supposed to inform on this website that i will be buying the truecall - as it says on the offer to qualify for this free offer you just have to let us know in advance that you will be buying a Truecall, and then supply us wih a copy of the sales invoice including your Truecall serial number after you have bought it.

Can someone please let me know asap as i really would like to put in an order for truecall today

hcb