These Europark just won't go away!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've posted about these people before when my son parked on Tesco for all of 20 mins and got back to a ticket, shortly followed by threats from this Europark company.

I have passed on all the advice I've been given on here, very good advice, I may say and posted again the other day, but unfortunately I think it was posted in the wrong place! :p

After following the advice, a further letter was received from the collections department of Controlaccount Credit Management saying that it is a legal requirement to send notice of an intention to make a Civil Claim before that claim is issued and this letter fulfils that requirement and has been sent to you at the last address we hold for you.

This is your final chance to prevent Litigation; if you ignore this warning proceedings may commence and judgment will be sought. The cost relating tosuch litigation willbe added to the amount claimed (£75), together with interest at a statutory rate of 8%.

What my lad needs to know is whether he replies to this and if so, in what manner. Any ideas please?

Guest Julian Fiddlepot

No, they won't go away, and they won't be dissuaded by playing silly buggers either.

No, they won't go away, and they won't be dissuaded by playing silly buggers either.

Did we wake you up with all that trip-trapping over your bridge?

Watch out for the daddy billy goat gruff!

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Guest Julian Fiddlepot
Silly buggers?? They started it!

They started nothing. They issued you with a charge because you broke the rules. Now you want to play games with the enforcement officer.

They started nothing. They issued you with a charge because you broke the rules. Now you want to play games with the enforcement officer.

Oh my God a troll using the term 'you broke the rules', talk about pot and kettle.

Enforcement officer????????????? Oh my God that's so funny, enforcement my ass

Mossycat

Mmm perhaps this would change their minds

To whom it may concern

[Add their title and address, Miss Jones}

I am in receipt of your letter dated [insert the date ] alleging that a vehicle registered to me overstayed an arbitrary duration in a vehicle park attached to one of your stores.

As I am sure you will be aware, it is the driver of the vehicle with whom any contract to park was made, not the Registered Keeper. You will also be aware that the terms of any such contract must be set out in such a manner as to be obvious to anyone with whom you wished to make the contract. These terms must comply with all applicable contract law, such as the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

Should you wish to pursue this claim, please supply evidence that the person parking the vehicle you allege to have overstayed the set duration would have had the opportunity to read the contract terms. Such evidence must be, as a minimum:

• a detailed route and timings of the vehicle's travel into and through the vehicle park;

• a detailed route of the driver's passage out of the vehicle and into the store - this and the evidence listed immediately above are to show that the driver had reasonable opportunity to see and read the contract terms;

• photographs of all relevant signage in situ in locus in quo at the time of the alleged overstaying so as to show that the signs were actually readable;

• an accurately-drawn, scaled, map showing the location of each sign and indicating which you believe the driver would have had the easy opportunity to read (the routes of the vehicle and driver should be superimposed upon the map);

• details of the weather conditions at the time, in particular the visibility (all to be confirmed by the Meteorological Office);

• sufficient details of the driver with whom you claim to have made a contract to enable their unique identification;

• a detailed description of the processes followed to record and analyse the evidence of the alleged overstaying; and

• a notarised statement from a senior manager at the store to the effect that your recording and analytical systems were working normally at the time of the alleged overstaying.

Without the above, I cannot entertain your claim and any further demands for payment will be considered harassment and will be reported to the police with a view to your criminal prosecution under s1 of the Malicious Communications Act 1998, s85 of the Postal Services Act 2000, s127 of the Communications Act 2003, and/or s2 of the Protection from Harrassment Act 1997 - this last with a view to the court issuing a Restraining Order against you. Additionally, civil action will be taken against you personally and your employer to cease and desist and for the recovery of all costs, together with a substantial payment in compensation for the mental pain and suffering caused.

I expect your reply by return, either providing the evidence requested above or indicating simply your termination of this correspondence.

Nobody broke any rules. Go back and read it again. He was on the car park for only 20 minutes. Hello! :roll:

God your sad! Enforcement officer?????? HA ha ha ha ha ha ha. translated means sad person thinks he/she is a police officer who patrols car parks in the rain with thier little note book handing out useless bits of paper!