A bit confussed about this.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Just a quick question.

I have sent in a claim form as a company owes me money they have not paid and they have been issued a LBA and still not paid.

Now yesterday i rang the courts as they have had the paperwork for about 2 weeks now and for some reason i had not heard anything.

Now yes i understand they are busy and yes i understand that it may take a few more days but i dont understand what i was told buy one of the members of staff.

Firstly they tried to fob me off saying they have not recieved anything from me. I told him that i have a signature to prove they recieved the documents he then stuttered and advised he would speak to his manager.

He came back saying.

My manager has advised me to tell you we have recieved the paperwork and we are just waiting for the judge to look at the papers.

I asked him what he meant as it seemed strange to me and he just said we are waiting for the judge to look at the papers.

Now i explained it was the start of the claim and that all previous claims had not been put before a judge and he just said well that is what my manager has told me to tell you.

I asked to speak to the manager who i was then told had left the building and would call me back today.

Still no phone call and still confused about this.

Since when does a start of a claim go infront of a judge?

Is it just me or does something seem strange about this?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Yes I would agree it is strange - suggest they had screwed up and were trying to fob you off. When they receive a claim you should get the acknowledgement etc without a judge being involved. Suspect now you hve contacted them they might get their act together.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Before it goes before a judge, you need to get an acknowledgement, the other side get a copy and a form to fill in, and then after they have filed a defence does it go to a judge, sounds very odd to me, they have screwed up big time by the sounds of it.

I would ring the court and ask if the defendent has acknowledged yet or filed a defence, dont suppose there is any way that you can waddle on down there and see what they are up to?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

They have said they have not issued the forms yet AFAIK as i have not recieved anything from the courts about it.

Lula i could not waddle doen there as it would be about 30 miles to my local county court as we only have a magistrates court. I aint waddling 30 miles there to be told they have made a mistake to need to waddle 30 miles back. I will give them a bit of a TGM in the morning good they are going to hate that.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Can you post up your POC's so that I can check if there is an issue with them, that is why it might have to go before a judge first

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

well it turns out there was no problem and the incompitendant court manager had put the papers on the wrong pile.

I wrang them this morning and there was a lovely note saying that the judge had considered this claim form a was of his time looking at it as it should never have gone in front of him in the first place.

I think he may have been annoyed slightly.

Needless to say i have had an appology and the forms have been sent to them and have been deemed as served as of today.

Ouch poor court manager. Maybe next time he should look.