usb cable

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Almost all home (non-network) printers you can now buy will use a standard USB A to B cable (plug-head diagram here). These should cost less than a fiver.

There is a chance you may also have the option of using the old parallel style connector, or, if your choice supports network functionality, a standard Cat5 (Ethernet) cable, but most will just have the USB.

One thing to decide when buying a printer is the question of whether to go laser or not. Assuming you only need a monochrome printer, I would personally always choose a laser. They start relatively inexpensive these days, but their largest benefit is that they use toner rather than ink. Toner goes a lot further than ink, and, page for page coverage, is considerably cheaper to replenish. They are also almost universally faster than their ink counterparts, and usually less noisy.

I picked up my network laser for less than £300, but you can get a small home laser for around £60 now.

thanks for answering but thats a bit technical for me , it's just a cheap printer but when i look at accessories it's shows 3 usb type things ??

thanks for answering but thats a bit technical for me , it's just a cheap printer but when i look at accessories it's shows 3 usb type things ??

As I say, you almost certainly just need a standard USB A to B lead. The plug heads should look like this:

R270-USB-A-TO-B-CABLEd.jpg

If it's still not clear, and there's a link to the printe rmodel you are considering, could you provide it? I can easily tell you what you'll need from that.