Not sending me the information...

Henry01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent Capital One the standard letter asking for statements for my open account and my previouse closed one.

I got a reply with only the open account statements.

I replied asking for the closed account information as requested.

I got another reply with another set of open account statements.

I sent another letter asking for the closed account statements

Again I got the open account, this time with werid screen grabs from their system showing useless notes on my account.

Any ideas??

Anyone have a UK phone number i can speak to them on??

There starting to drive me mad!

Many Thanks

Hi there Henry :)

I have had extensive dealings with this lot.

You won't get anywhere with them on the phone in my experience.

Unfortunately for the consumer, their left hand does not appear to know what their right hand is doing (putting it politely);)

Try writing to them at :-

The Executive Office

Capital One Bank

P.O. Box 5281

Nottingham NG2 3HX

Explain what they have done, and also what they have failed to do, and ask them to rectify the situation by return. Send a further copy of your previous letters as well, so that they have them to refer to and can see what you originally asked for and are still waiting for.

Good luck!

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Many thanks for the replies :)

I have been writing to 'The Executive Office' so sadly no joy there.

I thought I could only send a non-compliance after the deadline of xx days has passed, cant remember the number of days of the top of my head, from when the cheque was banked or can I send it now as they are ignoring my request?

Many Thanks!

SpiritGirl how easy was it to get the charges refunded, once ive finally got the list of charges.

Thanks!

Hi again Henry

I've not been pursuing them for charges, I'm in an ongoing battle with them over an alleged debt they say I owe, but for which they cannot provide a Credit Agreement. I've got a rainforest full of correspondence from them but none of it makes any sense and they don't understand what an "agreement" consists of - so my case is slightly different.

I just wanted to offer you support and let you know you weren't alone in struggling to get any answers from them!

Well done Tilly on your success with charges, and good luck to you Henry!

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Henry01

The best advice i can offer when dealing with these people it to keep things as simple as possible.

You have sent the SAR requesting exactly what you want, the procedure after that is very simple they either fully comply or you report them to the ICO.

In my experience it is absolutely pointless keep writing to them or getting involved in any telephone conversations, they only use each event as a further excuse to delay and frustrate you.

Do the basics and keep strictly to a timetable leave them no opportunity to wriggle.

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds early in the morning

• 1 month later...

Crap One are usually fairly quick with their reply. They'll tell you to bog off, then offr the diffrence between £20 charges and current £12.ie £ per charge. They hope you will accept this like a good little boy and then go away and stop hassling them. But you won't. After you've sent the LBA you'll get their final final offer. Which will be the same as the first offer. File an N1 at court, they will say they'll defend. Then they will offer the full amount. Charges, probably purchase interest, 8% stat interest, and court fees. You're on the way to the winning post.

Yep got my letter offering difference between the amounts, there only offering me £25 in total! Now doing my LBA.

Does anyone have an example of their N1 so i can start work on it? Is there a guide anywhere?

Thanks!

Thanks for the link!

So do i just fill this in and register it with a court? How do i do this and can i do it all online?

Also out of interest did capital one close peoples accounts after getting charges back?

Thanks!

You need to take 3 copies of the N1 to your local county court, at one time we would of said use MCOL however these claims are automatically being stayed.

You can fill in the N1 here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/844-n1-claims-form-pdf.html as I said you will need 3 copies and 3 copies of your SOC's. Take/send to your local CC with the applicable fee (this depends on the amount of your claim)

Hope that helps

saint

Thanks for the great info, im new to this, what is a SOC and how do i write one/fill one in? i assume I can send the court a cheque for the fee's with the paperwork, dont suppose you have a link to calc the fees do you? Thanks again!

Thanks!! I've already done my SOC, sent it to Capital One with my letter. Just the N1 to do then :)

Will wait for a reply to my rejection first, no doubt they will offer me the same and tell me they will defend themselves in court :rolleyes:

Then time to send the N1 - will post updates!