Unfair Parking Charges issued by UKPC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm one of the victim received a unfair parking charge certificate which is charging me a £45 within 14 days otherwise £90 after dead line. I feel very unfair in this issue. UKPC recently issued a parking ticket (with an image taken from photographic evidence associated with the alleged contravention) to me, and I have explained to them in my appeal letter. They were not interesting at all & just hunting for the money. For your information, please comment the following letter which I'm going to send to UKPC...

I disagreed with your parking charge to my vehicle XXXX which I strongly believe it has unfair and unreasonable been issued by you on 2008. In this regard I submit this appeal and will be grateful if you will please review your decision as I strongly believe the charge was in the first place reached by mistake on your part without carefully consideration.

• Missed display the sign’s location causing users’ confusion;
  • No accurate signs have clearly displayed inside the ground floor car park and surrounding same level;
  • No warning given;

I am not a locally resident there and it was my first time to visit there with my family. I remembered that I was parked my car in this free of charge carpark, I was parked in between two cars next to the ground floor entrance. The carpark was almost 99% emptied.

According to your provided image, showing me that I parked my car over the white line, it was because the two cars were already parked there. A small car was parked on my left but departed afterward when I returned to the car park, and one parked on my right (fortunately as you can still clearly see from the image shown and provided by UKPC). It was parked too closed to its left of the parking space and both left wheels have attached to the left boundary. Although it still parked within the white square, but it has still took a lot of space and not leaving enough space for other users which I was the one. And that space only given my car a very limited space and unable to park within the white square. My car is a big van, of course, I have to park slightly on the left in this situation otherwise we could not open the doors for access. I believed it was a sensible way (in between these two cars) to access through the little gap.

I was drove through the ground floor level entrance which situated at the bottom floor level where have no warning sign and no parking conditions display shown near by the entrance. I have checked the surrounding ground floor car park level before I leave the car, to ensure I parked my car legally in this car park. Unfortunately, 20 minutes later, I received a parking charge notice which I have never expected.

I checked with a security officer there on the same day after I received a parking charge notice, the security officer told me that the only car parking conditions sign is located at the top floor level where situated at different entrance and different level. It did not make any senses in this matter. There have more than one entrance but only got one parking conditions sign located at top floor level car park and it’s not related to other levels car park. It is not clearly displayed the sign. It was a huge confusion and very unclear to show the users who parked their car in the ground floor level.

UKPC replied to me few days latter. I personally believed they did not pay attention on the details of my appeal. They just reply to me as their standard procedure and sent me a final reminder and requested the payment within 7 days. I supposed to pay the £45 fine, but they asked for £90 fine when I tried to pay over the phone (it was just the 7th day). I want to speak to one of their operator over the phone but none of this service available and no help at all. I could not raised out my issue with them because I have asked them to send all their correspondences to my alternative contact address due to I was working away for two weeks. That's why I have addressed it to them in my appeal. When I received their letter & final reminder it was the deadline of the payment. I couldn't make it & got £90 to pay end up. It seems I have to make a one off payment and no other options and no complaint allowed. No alternative ways to contact them about my issue but writing and this is the only available way can get through. The problem is they will not pay attention and take any action on my issue, just ignore my appeal. It is no point to ask people to appeal if they don't concern about it.

Can anyone give suggestion or opinions in my issue?

Many thanks for your time & attention in this matter.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to say that your letter is a complete waste of time.

You are trying to appeal to their better nature....... they haven't got one.

I will transfer this post to the Parking / Traffic offences forum where you will get the help and advice you need.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

UKPC replied to me few days latter. I personally believed they did not pay attention on the details of my appeal.

Well they want your money so why would they bother with you letter?

Don't pay, like you say it's a [problem]!

UKPC well known here - notorious in fact. Do a search with this forum on "UKPC" and you will find lots of threads.

As others have said - DON'T PAY - this really is a [problem]. Their "tickets" are in no way "official" like council or police PCNs or FPN, they are simply unsolicited invoices.

Excel, a similar company, came a cropper at County Court recently when they tried to obtain payment for parking charge notices. The judge threw the case out stating that the charges were deemed unenforceable penalties.

See links below, all worth a look.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/65341-private-parking-companies-charges.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119917-private-parking-tickets-template.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

Judge quashes £300 parking fine...because it set out to ‘frighten and intimidate’ driver| News | This is London

You will get a series of threatening letters through the post as you act within your rights and refuse to pay. They will threaten legal action, debt collectors, bailiffs etc. This is all bluff & bluster. Do not be intimidated, stand firm, you will get all the assurance that you need from this forum.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to say that your letter is a complete waste of time.

You are trying to appeal to their better nature....... they haven't got one.

I will transfer this post to the Parking / Traffic offences forum where you will get the help and advice you need.

Regards, Rooster.

Thanks for your kind help in my issue. I have learnt a lot from mistake this time.

many thanks

UKPC well known here - notorious in fact. Do a search with this forum on "UKPC" and you will find lots of threads.

As others have said - DON'T PAY - this really is a [problem]. Their "tickets" are in no way "official" like council or police PCNs or FPN, they are simply unsolicited invoices.

Excel, a similar company, came a cropper at County Court recently when they tried to obtain payment for parking charge notices. The judge threw the case out stating that the charges were deemed unenforceable penalties.

See links below, all worth a look.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/65341-private-parking-companies-charges.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119917-private-parking-tickets-template.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

Judge quashes £300 parking fine...because it set out to ‘frighten and intimidate’ driver| News | This is London

You will get a series of threatening letters through the post as you act within your rights and refuse to pay. They will threaten legal action, debt collectors, bailiffs etc. This is all bluff & bluster. Do not be intimidated, stand firm, you will get all the assurance that you need from this forum.

Thank you very much indeed for your helpful information.

On x x 08 I received a further letter from UKPC stated that their Appeal Manager has personally reviewed my case & carefully considered the various points raised. Their view, however, is that these particular circumstances are neither unreasonable nor unjust and so they will not be waiving the parking charge in full.

They notified me that the parking charge notice that they have offered a 50% discount for parking charges only paid within 7 days. As I lodged an appeal earlier on, they are prepared to extend the period for another 14 days from the letter dated xx xx 08. But if they do not receive my remittance at the reduced rate by xx xx 08, the full amount will then become payable & they will put the matter in the hands of their Dept Recovery Agents.

This is their final decision. They will not give any response except where I have provided new evidence to substantiate my case.

Please comment & do give your advise & opinion in my to be action.

Many thanks again for your times & attention in this matter.

Jorzoe,

Well, you've lost your appeal - don't worry, I don't think anybody has won an appeal with this crowd of shysters.

Think of it another way - have they won their appeal with you? Didn't think so.

In your position I would simply ignore. If things go to form you will start to get letters from Hunter Forrest, a debt collection agency. You can write back to them, denying the debt, referring the matter back to UKPC. See BtBs template letters, link as earlier post.

Don't worry, what is happening is just the standard bluff & bluster. UKPC are very court shy, we've not heard of a single case being progressed to County Court papers.

Jorzoe,

Well, you've lost your appeal - don't worry, I don't think anybody has won an appeal with this crowd of shysters.

Think of it another way - have they won their appeal with you? Didn't think so.

In your position I would simply ignore. If things go to form you will start to get letters from Hunter Forrest, a debt collection agency. You can write back to them, denying the debt, referring the matter back to UKPC. See BtBs template letters, link as earlier post.

Don't worry, what is happening is just the standard bluff & bluster. UKPC are very court shy, we've not heard of a single case being progressed to County Court papers.

Dear Barnsley

Thanks so much for your kind support & advice on my issue. I have replied to them & told them I deny their charges because of unfairly treated & unreasonable. I think they will inform the Debt Agents to take over the debt collection. I hope I can be free after this dispute war. It is very stressful & frustrated because of I feel I have been trapped in. Fortunately, I found this forum & got some very useful advices to help me go through this awkward situation. Hoping I can be passed the next step.

Thanks again for your time & great help in here.

Guest Julian Fiddlepot

There is nothing wrong with this parking charge. The company has deemed that you have insufficient evidence to substantiate your appeal, and have made a judgement accordingly. You should really deal with it.

There is nothing wrong with this parking charge. The company has deemed that you have insufficient evidence to substantiate your appeal, and have made a judgement accordingly. You should really deal with it.

He is dealing with it - by ignoring the shysters.

Who the hell are this bunch of cowboys to deem that there is 'insufficient evidence'? If UKPC believe that this is the case, then the only proper place to test this is in court. It will never happen.

Julian, I really think that you should f*** off and come back when you have learnt a bit more about how the law works properly.

Julian, are you going to be adding all your duff posts again tonight, if so make a super troll one and turn off the light and close the door on the way out.

You work for a parking company we get it, but get this many many many better qualified and more informed people post on this forum, go tell your boss that your tactics dont work.

The advice given on this site is sound, your notices are not worth the paper their written on, neither are any of your posts.

Jorzoe, ignore the troll, follow the stickies, dont pay.

Yes there is Julian. Inadequate signeage! If it were a council carpark any PCN issued would have been invalid for this reason. Of course, employees of car park management companies wouldn't be expected to understand this :)

Your right DeafSteve at least once a week a new one pops up, or the same one pops up with new name, they must be bricking it, every tactic they do is shared, every letter they write is shared, and they dont like it up em. So the only thing left is to try and make out on here that what they do is ok and legal, but now even the judges know this isnt the case.

Julian, are you going to be adding all your duff posts again tonight, if so make a super troll one and turn off the light and close the door on the way out.

You work for a parking company we get it, but get this many many many better qualified and more informed people post on this forum, go tell your boss that your tactics dont work.

The advice given on this site is sound, your notices are not worth the paper their written on, neither are any of your posts.

Jorzoe, ignore the troll, follow the stickies, dont pay.

Dear Octron32, thanks for your suggestion & alert me on time otherwise I will fall into this trap again. They are very tricky in this way. I will stick with my stand still position. I will fight for it. many thanks.

He is dealing with it - by ignoring the shysters.

Who the hell are this bunch of cowboys to deem that there is 'insufficient evidence'? If UKPC believe that this is the case, then the only proper place to test this is in court. It will never happen.

Julian, I really think that you should f*** off and come back when you have learnt a bit more about how the law works properly.

Dear Patdavis, thanks for your strong voice in here. Your voice can be supported me to face the next step. Many thanks.

Pat you wasting your breath conversing with the trolls cos even if these cretins could read they wouldn't understand the law..........too many big words.........like........it's 'illegal'...........or................it's 'unlawful' ..............duh!

Who said it's illegal?

Some of their behaviour is illegal that's why some have gone to prison cos they wouldn't listen when told it was but then they aren't the sharpest tools in the box are they. Most have to do the job because no one else is stupid enough to employ them

• 2 months later...

Dear everyone, I have replied all the UKPC letters, they finally asked a Churchill Recory Debt company (CRC) to take over my case. I have replied to CRC few times & told them I will stated with my deny position & asked them refer my case back to their client due to it is still under dispute progress. They now use different debt agent company namely Rossendales Collect taken over & sent me the same threatening letters. I found out this company is using the same address & Registered in England No: xxxxx. I believed this is the same agent as the one (CRC) before but using a different trading name to carry out my case. I have kept all their letters as evidences for future use. In this case, should I reply to this agent? or just ignore it. At the end, will they put me into the bad credit list? Should I ask UKPC to stop this annoying action? Should I report to Police if they carry on its action? Please comment. Many many thanks.

I'd just ignore from now on. The idea behind Bernie's template letters is that, should a PPC be daft enough to pursue a claim, you would be able to demonstrate to a court that you have made reasonable efforts to resolve the "dispute". However there is no point in engaging in repetitive correspondence, just wastes time and postage.

Some of these [problematic] seem to feel the need to have the last word - let them.