abbey are defending!!

wintermare
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my working with interest comes to:

1)£678+348.89interest feb2000-nov2000

2)£226.5+101.40interest dec2000

3)£315+£105.72interest 8/2/02-9/11/03

4)£257+£59.71interest 11/05/03-09/11/03

5)£411+£62.49interest 08/01/05-08/04/05

total£1887.50+678.21=£2565.71

i dont know what calculations they used to get their £450 its so weird???

1)wintermare vs abbey

SETTLED £1901

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wintermare. I'll get back to you this evening about this. Keep the faith.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

In the meantime, have a look at this: Prescription and limitation in contract

Paragraph 2 in particular. Burness are one of the biggest law firms in Scotland.

• Confused 1

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

thanks ,im really not too hot on limitations even with this info from burgess do you think i should continue to pursue them on these grounds.

i will be sending an email off tonight stating that i require :

£1887.50+£678.21interest+£275costs=£2840.5

refunded to my account as available balance by friday 07 at 5pm.

If this is not forthcoming i shall have not option but to conclude that abbey no longer wish to reduce their costs and come to an amicable settlement.

i shall also inform them that 2 further claims will be raised on monday 10/07/06

and i have a request for a DPA for my morgage account which i shall estimate at oooohh (pick a number double it add £200 )

£3200!!!

do you think they will want to get rid of me??

my return date is 13/07/06 i have to put on the pressure

1)wintermare vs abbey

SETTLED £1901

Do you have all these cases running concurrently?

cases as above 1+2 were filed on the same day but seperately and cases 3+4+5 were files on another

the first previously to all of these was settled on 26/04/06 £618+costs but no interest

1)wintermare vs abbey

SETTLED £1901

cases as above 1+2 were filed on the same day but seperately and cases 3+4+5 were files on another

the first previously to all of these was settled on 26/04/06 £618+costs but no interest

Are you saying that you successfully claimed back one lot of charges and then stuck in 5 seperate small claims actions for the rest? If so, then I'm afraid you may have made a serious error. We always recommend that people do not run cases concurrently because of the extremely high likelihood that the other side will ask the court to lump them into a single claim - thus taking you out of small claims. There is a very high probability that the sheriff will agree to such a request.:Cry:

its irrelavent really if i win if i lose then it counts what do you think of the email i shall send them tommorrow what else do i need to put in it?

by the way

I work with someone who worked for halifax at bankhead for a couple of months, in their charges department and he explained the process of manual intervention to me and said that a £30 charge is a joke really.it should cost pennies and they process thousands a day.

would this info help any cases at all

1)wintermare vs abbey

SETTLED £1901

If you've put in a number of similar claims at the same time, I don't think they will want to get rid of you. I think they'll turn up in court and have it moved out of small claims, leaving you to either drop it or hire a lawyer. The fact that they've hired a local agent suggests strongly that this is what they intend to do.

Let me consult with some of the other mods. I'll get back to you. :)

thanks im a bit worried now

even if i were to accept the £450 as costs towards the overdue cases and tell them i will continue with the others.(and the rest )

1)wintermare vs abbey

SETTLED £1901

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I'm a bit lost too... :/

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

What's the latest on this Wintermare..? Did you win all of it back..?

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

1)wintermare vs abbey

SETTLED £1901

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks