Hillesden Securities Limited - Incorrectly supplying info to Experian

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I recently tried to apply for a loan but was knocked back - I was a bit worried because as far as i was concerned all my credit accounts were up to date, and never missed a payment. This promted me to obtain a copy of my credit profile from Experian.

I was shocked to find a default for £5500 for a hire purchase/car. Me and my father share the same name, except that i have a middle name and he doesn't. This was actualy my Dad's debt. I do not actualy live with my Dad, and haven't done so for roughly 3 years.

The default was on my credit profile, but with my Dad's date of birth. It was supplied by Hilldesen Securities Limited who i believe buy debts from other companies. They had also supplied information stating that i was financialy linked to my mother, as i had a joint bank account with her (I don't but my father does) and that my Dad's address is a previous address of mine.

This has obviously had some effect on me being able to obtain credit, other than this my credit report is great.

I've been in touch with them and they won't change anything without me sending a copy of my report and proof of who i am. I hope that they don't try and get a CCJ for the debt and that ends up on my credit profile too. I think that they have seriously got me mixed up with my Dad.

I spoke to Experian and they have updated everything and removed the default and other information supplied by Hillesden Securities.

Is there anything i can do to get these idots back - i.e can i take litigation action against them for supplying incorrect information - surely there must be some rules arround supplying info to the credit reference agencies??

Would they have provided the same info to the other credit reference agencies? Will i have to contact them all individualy and get this info removed?

What do you lot think?

Thanks, Mark

I would certainly contact the other CRA's, Hillesden might well do this anyway. I would certainly contact the Information Commisioner and make a formal complaint, if you had obtained credit in the time this default was registered then it may be you are paying a higher APR.

Complaints about data protection – Information Commissioner’s Office - ICO

• 1 year later...

I am just having the same problem,experian get me paying £6.99 a month then i cancel it and twice defaults have appeared from over 12months ago.Experian remove these defaults fair enough but say it hasnt affected my credit,no it hasnt cause i didnt try to get credit after i spotted them.I was led to believe if experian hold information on you it must be truthful and up to date.If information is incorrect and is seen by a search for even 2 seconds surely there has been a breach of the data protection act and they should be punished.Ive reported them anyway probably nothing will happen:mad::mad::mad:

MBNA £250 bank charges refunded.:lol:

MBNA claimed £2700 in PPI:lol:

MBNA default removed.

WESCOT balance written off no cca.

WESCOT default removed.

TIME RETAIL.default removed.

LLOYDS TSB.£150 charges refunded

MINT £220 charges refunded.

currently 4 in dispute unenforcible agreements.

HFOS ordered to remove default

YORKSHIRE paid token £200 PPI going now for full £600

Way late on this but for someone searching a CRA it could be said that a CCJ and a Default both take 6 years to vanish and might be seen as as bad as each other.

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--