You Soo Realllly Must Read This!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually - it's your use of the phrase "had they checked" that gets me. Why should they? I want to be given the credit for knowing where I want my money to go, and if I can do a BACS transfer for £0.00, or be forced to pay £30 for a verified SWIFT transfer, then you pay your money and take your choice. What you want is all the protection, none of the risk, and not be charged for it. Dream on!

As to your last sentence - what judgement? Banks wrong = Consumer right is no judgement. When they do get it wrong, they deserve all they get, but the fee you pay represents the service you get. That's the same across the board, not just the financial sector.

You say why should they check & I say why shouldn't they & are you saying that only the numbers count & not a persons name

In that case please explain what more the bank can do other than what they have done already?

Reverse the transaction and pursue the 3rd party.

If the 3rd party contends they were unaware of the error (hmmm), write off the debt.

They should also reconsider the decision to recycle old a/c nos. AND sort codes - ie re-use a/c nos. but NOT with the same sort codes. Raving bonkers !

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Reverse the transaction and pursue the 3rd party.

If the 3rd party contends they were unaware of the error (hmmm), write off the debt.

Well that is the biggest load of nonsense so far. How can they reverse a legally completed (all be it made in error by the OP) transaction?

Why should the bank write off the debt if the 3rd party refuses to repay it, it wasn't the fault of the bank it went into the wrong account?

Tell you what, I will pay x amount into your account, then claim it was paid into the wrong account by mistake, you refuse to repay it back, the bank then out of the goodness of it's heart reimburse me and write it off. We then split the original amount between us!

For some unknown reason people are barking up the wrong tree on this one!

Because the can & they do all the time were a payment is in error - The only thing they have to consider is that there remains, in the receivers account, sufficient monies to enable them to recover

Because the can & they do all the time were a payment is in error - The only thing they have to consider is that there remains, in the receivers account, sufficient monies to enable them to recover

Yet again absolute nonsense in relation to this case. The money was paid into the correct account, the details of which were supplied by the OP. Just because he has now realised he gave the wrong account number, does not give the bank the right to take that money back without the permission of the 3rd party.

• 1 month later...

Very well done Crikey :D

Please let us know what they said about the 'mistake'. If they are recycling old account numbers, I have a feeling that we are going to be dealing with more cases like yours. :(

Well done you !!!

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.