Another driver speeding in my car

hunter78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys

i am also new to this forum.

A good few months ago a relative used my vehicle and got flashed by a speed camera. i received a form to either send my license in or give details of the driver at the time. i completed the form and sent the details of the other driver in. i didn't hear anything back. anyway about 1 month ago i got stopped by the police saying that i have no license. i chsed this up with the DVLA who told me that they have not put that on the system but have requested me to send my license to add points. when queried for what they said has i did not inform them of the driver at the time of the offence i am getting the points. they gave me a number to call but no-one ever answers. any idea who i can get in touch with?

So if they didn't get informed, why is it that you haven't received the penalty notice. This shows me the letter with the drivers details got to where it was supposed to.

I don't see where you have to notify the DVLA of the other driver, the enforcement authority do that.

I think you need to write to the enforcing authority who wrote asking for the drivers details and question what is happening.

It looks like you may have been convicted of failing to provide driver details in your absence. You will need to find out which court dealt with the case and then make an application to have the conviction set aside. I would also suggest you contact the police force that sent you the initial request to provide the driver details.

What is a concern is that you have not received any further correspondance from either the police, courts (in the form of a summons) and DVLA. Have you changed your address since you received the initial request from the police to advise them of who was driving the vehicle?