style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone else suffered connection issues since carphone warehouse has took over? ive lost count this yr so far how many times ive been off line, must be 3 or 4 times per week!!!!

Foolishly my husband took advantage of the free laptop offer, we received laptop no probs but the router is a pile of c**p,so we swapped back to our original one.

I was just wondering if i can get out of the 24 month contract, through breach of contract, we do not have a writen contract as none was sent presuming it must be on line.

Ive never had any problem with AOL and ive been with them since 2000, until Carphone Warehouse took over.

Has anyone else suffered connection issues since carphone warehouse has took over? ive lost count this yr so far how many times ive been off line, must be 3 or 4 times per week!!!!

Foolishly my husband took advantage of the free laptop offer, we received laptop no probs but the router is a pile of c**p,so we swapped back to our original one.

I was just wondering if i can get out of the 24 month contract, through breach of contract, we do not have a writen contract as none was sent presuming it must be on line.

Ive never had any problem with AOL and ive been with them since 2000, until Carphone Warehouse took over.

I would say one keep a log, our desktop allways used to switch off at 12, but my laptop would stay on.

Two have you called their tech support? if so it will be logged or if you have gone onto their live help, because everytime you do it leaves a marker on your account and notes should be left.

I had been with AOL for over six months and were using our old netgear router as the 4 thompson ones that hey sent us didn;t work one night I was even told by their tec support that it wouldn't work. Lucky enough I had their vrappy thompson one and while on the phone I said to the guy you can see I'm online with the ngear he said yes, I then switched to the thompson one = nothing I thenm plugged the ngear in and he said it shouldn't work, so switched it on, it came up with welcome to AOL, I then asked him 4 times "Please tell me it dosen't work" he hung up the phone.

On our last call before they cut our service guy said you've not been using it that much.

We said because since you switched the exchange over we haven't been able to get on line. They cut out internet straight away.

Ring them tell them, give them a time frame to work to 2 days or so. And then go in telling them that I've been offline for so long, what are they going todo about it. blah,blah and threaten ombdsman and see what they do.

Also give them the chance to replace the router, we did 4 times, if it still doesn't work tell them that they have broken the T&C's of the contract, by not suppling a router that works. That should get them into gear,they will say it's a gift tell them that it's sent by them and that it should work, give then another chance, then go4 T&C's again.

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool:

Thankyou for the advice, again we went off line yesterday TWICE!!! so my husband rang them and also requested the conversation to be recorded.

Top and bottom of it they are not supplying for a service we pay them, their excuse is its the transition from America-UK....but we are not putting up with their excuses any longer, in my opinion if they are doing work on the exchange they should not be doing it at peak times!!!

I know the problem lies with them as i know quite a few people who its happening to also.

My husband enquired about being compensated ....so i will carry on logging the times it goes off and if they offer compensation.

If not i will go to Ombudsman as they did admit to the lack of internet connection.

Thankyou for the advice, again we went off line yesterday TWICE!!! so my husband rang them and also requested the conversation to be recorded.

Top and bottom of it they are not supplying for a service we pay them, their excuse is its the transition from America-UK....but we are not putting up with their excuses any longer, in my opinion if they are doing work on the exchange they should not be doing it at peak times!!!

I know the problem lies with them as i know quite a few people who its happening to also.

My husband enquired about being compensated ....so i will carry on logging the times it goes off and if they offer compensation.

If not i will go to Ombudsman as they did admit to the lack of internet connection.

Hi,

This was quoted by Conniff on another AOLHell thread on here, this is what he/she said:

I agree that server change cannot be used as an excuse. They can do this sort of work from 1 am to 5 am when there are minimum subscribers using the service.

I think I would write by special delivery and inform them of the problems that you have had and that you need a reliable service. Tell them that any further downtime will be considered a breach of contract by them and you will terminate the contract forwith.

Hope this will help you.

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool:

i have also experienced connection issues, over the bank holiday weekend. when i called aol customer service, she simply told me that they were 'merging'? i also asked why they could not do the work between 1 and 5am, but it was like talking to a wall. as soon as my 12 months is up i shall be moving :)

i ahve also experienced poor service from aohell over the bank holiday weekend. they link kept cutting out, the customer service people were next to useless, they simply told me they were merging, and that i should appreciate the fact that aol were making things better!! i cannot wait untill my 12 month contract is up

AOL = Rubbish

Haven't run into problems with Sky yet, so haven't had to test out their customer service.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

AOL - Now theres a problematic ISP!

I have had numerous connection "issues" with them over the last three weeks. I have had all the excuses under the sun from them. I rang their tech level 2 dept a number of times to be met by someone who couldn't even get my telephone number correct first time!

After many discussions about connection issues, I was told that all AOL customers in my area were "offline" due to server issues. I rang my brother one mile up the road who was sat as his PC quite happily surfing away (AOL user)

I have been with AOL since it came into the UK, to be honest, I had no problems with outages of service until CPW took over them. Now my connection is lost two, maybe three times a day, every day. Their tech support unit is rubbish to say the least and they would appear to work from a flow chart to fault find, which is fair enough, until I start talking in a far more technical manner and completely losing them.

I am most unhappy with AOL at present and have now requested my MAC Code to leave their service and find an alternative. Outsourcing their call centres has been my biggest bug bear, I am no way racist, but I wish they would employ people who can at least understand what you are telling them.

My advice to you is to bin AOL, find a better alternative, demand that your service/goods have not been supplied (outages) and request a months free internet. I have and that is what they have provided me with. Once this has expired - IM OFF!

Not so much an aid to those currently trapped in a contract with an atrocious ISP, but more a help to those thinking of changing, I would sincerely suggest you go with a smaller and lesser known ISP than with any of the larger or more widely known.

My own - Eclipse - are frankly stunning. I've had no service drops in well over a year of connection, no bandwidth throttling, and they are small enough that you can always get to talk to someone who knows what they're doing if you have a problem.

Hi guys, been with AOL for 7 years and I never had any probs with getting connected or staying connected until CPW got involved and its been a nightmare ever since so I phoned them, which you used to be able to do free by the way, and asked for my MAC code and was aked why I was thinking of leaving and I told them it was too expensive for what has become a sub standard service (£29.99 + £2.50 for Mcafee security suite per month) and was told that as I had been a customer for a long time they would drop the price to £9.99 per month but I would be tied to an 18 month contract so I said to the guy "throw in a PS3 and I'll consider it" and the reply was "brand new customers only" sounds like an ad for a bank that one, I knew I was chancing my luck with the PS3 part but worth a try, well I've been with O2 broadband for a couple of weeks now and no probs yet,time will tell, and it's only £12.50 a month Mcafee security suite thrown in for free, still works out the same as what AOL were offering but decided to take the chance because of the connectivity issues and I couldn't be happier. AOL download speed- 4.2mb/s, O2- 13.4mb/s, bit of a difference.

BOS Prelim : 19/06/06 Owed : £382: offered £90.LBA sent 02/07/06, Delivered: 04/07/06. Offer increased to full £382 but with condition. Settled 4/11/06.

Data Protection Act sent to BOS CC : 19/06/06. Acknowledged : 03/07/06 Statements Received : 11/07/06 owed £845

Statements received for closed BOS account: 27/07/06, Owed £2596.52

First claim on closed BOS account now started - £735 Prelim received 7/11/06 LBA sent 5/12/06, Offered Full £735 but with conditions. Claim filed 22/01/07

CapitalOne-£1247, settled in full.

LloydsTSB- £910, sttled in full.

LET BATTLE COMMENCE

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

The PO BOX address for AOL in Bristol is being sent to Carphone warehouse head office in London the address is :

Jackie O' Leary

Head Office Carphone Warehouse

1 Portal Way

London

W3 6RS

I think the e-mail for Jackie O' Leary is olearyj@cpwplc.com

and her PA is Alan Albrecht

The tele number for the head office is 0208 896 5000 and ask to be connected to Jackie O' Leary or Alan Albrecht

Hope this helps

Dooley