KAYS account cover plus protects payments& purchases

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3841 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone. I hope you are all well.

Hope also someone can help.

I have been with Kays for some time and

have just noticed I have been paying huge amounts of money per month for ACCOUNT COVER, PLUS PROTECTS PAYMENTS AND PURCHASES.

I have never applied for this and cant believe I have not noticed it before.

They have taken over £400.00 in 11 months.

I cant get previous statements before that up on Kays website.

I have just paid the balance in full as this is not on.

My next step is to demand back the money but before I do so ,

can you tell me if this comes under being mis-sold a product I did not apply for?

I did recently complain to STUDIO for doing the same thing

but instead of giving me back my money,

they stopped the charges instead.

Many thanks

Hazel

Basic Account Customer

reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif KAYS account cover plus protects payments& purchases

I have been with Kays for some time and have just noticed I have been paying huge amounts of money per month for ACCOUNT COVER, PLUS PROTECTS PAYMENTS AND PURCHASES.

I have never applied for this and cant believe I have not noticed it before. They have taken over £400.00 in 11 months. I cant get previous statements before that up on Kays website. I have just paid the balance in full as this is not on. My next step is to demand back the money but before I do so , can you tell me if this comes under being mis-sold a product I did not apply for? I did recently complain to STUDIO for doing the same thing but instead of giving me back my money, they stopped the charges instead.

Many thanks

Hazel

Hello Hazel

I know exactly what you mean,

when we first ordered on line and filled out the form on-line

half way down one page the continue button appears so you think thats it for that page and click!

Problem is unless you scroll down past the continue button you will see there is a small box that you have to tick

stating you do not wish to have payment protection insurance.

When i received our first statment i saw the charge for one month and rang them up,

thats what the girl told me,

" scroll down the page and you will see the tick for no box "

She was correct,

i had to write in and cancel the cover plus,

they stopped any further payments but as i noticed the charge on the first statement and got it stopped

i didn't bother claiming back the single one months charge.

But for you i should write to them and see what comes back,

but the way the form is laid out i think you struggle to get anything back.

They set the on line form up knowing that they would catch most people, and they do.

Hope this helps a little

Geoff

Guest Old_andrew2018

hi

you need to get copy of your agreement, from that you should be able to get the advice you need, the will also apply to studio

Regards

Andy

I have been with Kays for some time and have just noticed I have been paying huge amounts of money per month for ACCOUNT COVER, PLUS PROTECTS PAYMENTS AND PURCHASES.

I have never applied for this and cant believe I have not noticed it before. They have taken over £400.00 in 11 months. I cant get previous statements before that up on Kays website. I have just paid the balance in full as this is not on. My next step is to demand back the money but before I do so , can you tell me if this comes under being mis-sold a product I did not apply for? I did recently complain to STUDIO for doing the same thing but instead of giving me back my money, they stopped the charges instead.

Many thanks

Hazel

hello i have got the same as you .i have just sent off my first letter. will let you know how i get on add me to ur fav,s

Hi Boston,

Firstly submit a Subject Access Request to Kays Cost £10

Full S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) for ppi

This should give you all the info you require on the account,

If they then use delaying tactics.. they have 40 days then use this..

Ensuring Personal Data is handled correctly - Data Protection Act

I would make an issue and tell them the box should be tick for yes so if it is missed you are not penalised if you miss a box marked tick for no on the internet site then you are well and truly stuffed when the payments start.

Perhaps a suggestion that this is not a fair way to trap customers into extortionate Insurance which is not required.

Yet another way electronically of stuffing ya customers.

10 out of 10 to Kays for Customer stuffing.

0 out of 10 to Kays for Customer Care.

aa

also consider

Financial Ombudsman Service

good luck

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi and thanx for your replys.

I have just received my original credit agreement and there is absolutely no reference at all to account cover plus payments and purchases protection.

NIL, NOWT, NONE, ZILCH.:grin:

COULD YOU PLEASE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.:???:

DO I REQUEST ALL STATMENT COPIES DATING BACK TO DAY ONE,

THEN COUNT UP ALL THE MIS-SOLD PROTECTION PAYMENTS.

IS THIS SUBJECT TO THE WAIT 40 BLOODY DAYS LARK. DEr...heads spinning.

Consumer revenge and all that.:mad:

Many thanks

Hazel

• 6 months later...

I have recently applied for a refund of account cover which I never took out. :mad:

They are saying I agreed to it over the phone on or before january 05

but they have no date or proof ( because I didnt take it out). GRRRR. THEY OWE £800.00:mad::mad:

They say I cannot complain to the OFT because my payments started before a certain date.:mad:

They say as it was done over the phone, there is no paper work. Christsake.:mad:

Is there anyone I can complain to before taking it to small claims court? :???:

Complaints commissioner.

Fos?

Or go straight to court.

Are there templates?

Sorry to be a div.

I am sooo angry I cant think properly.:???:

Many thanks for your time and any support or advice will be most welcome.

Hazel

I would write a letter to the Financial Ombudsman, or fill in the ombudsman online complaint form here:

our complaints procedure and how to complain

Print this off and send to them. You haven't signed anything to do with this insurance, so you have a claim against them for it.

This seems to be quite common lately where people sign for a loan or HP, and PPI is added on without your knowledge, or in terms where people need a solicitor to decypher it all.

I will move your thread over to the PPI section where you will get more help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

OOOOH thank you for your eply. Now I can go out with my little boy without this playing on my mind. :)I will do as you have suggested and will get back a little later. Many thanks again. What would I do without this forum.:(

Hazel

x

You will find that the Ombudsman make the banks pay up on PPI claims in most cases, but not all. Yours should be quite straight forward, no signature, no paperwork at all to do with this insurance.

The ombudsman are a little slow in response, so expect a 6 week delay in them getting back to you.

Now go and enjoy your day. . .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi all. Hope you are well.

An update on miss sold PPI with Kays.

Got letter back on 16 Sept from shopping direct financial services stating that this policy had been sold to me over the phone december 2004 and payments began 01 2005. :mad:

This was their full and final response, other than telling me I cant complain to the fos as they are not regulated by them.

....funny that..

.because all my statements dating back to 2001 state THEY were and my last statement says they still are. :grin:

i wrote to fos to complain anyway, without tellings Kays I was doing this, (THANX FOR ADVICE!!)

and I can only assume they have contacted Kays as today I have a letter from Kays saying they "believed" I was correctly sold PPI (at my request) of course. GRRRRR.:mad:

They ask me to prove I was incapacitated at the time PPI was "bought", GGRRRR.:mad::mad:

They have now been sent not only my tax credits entitlement covering this period but my certificate of incapacity from 2002 to date. :-D:-D

All of this will be sent to fos also.

One question though.

How long should I leave it?

Presumably I will here from fos? If not I will take them to court without warning as this has been going on since March.

With regards

Hazel

Hi all. Hope you are well.

An update on miss sold PPI with Kays.

Got letter back on 16 Sept from shopping direct financial services stating that this policy had been sold to me over the phone december 2004 and payments began 01 2005. :mad:This was their full and final response, other than telling me I cant complain to the fos as they are not regulated by them.....funny that...because all my statements dating back to 2001 state THEY were and my last statement says they still are. :grin:

i wrote to fos to complain anyway, without tellings Kays I was doing this, (THANX FOR ADVICE!!) and I can only assume they have contacted Kays as today I have a letter from Kays saying they "believed" I was correctly sold PPI (at my request) of course. GRRRRR.:mad: They ask me to prove I was incapacitated at the time PPI was "bought", GGRRRR.:mad::mad: They have now been sent not only my tax credits entitlement covering this period but my certificate of incapacity from 2002 to date. :-D:-D

All of this will be sent to fos also.

One question though.

How long should I leave it? Presumably I will here from fos? If not I will take them to court without warning as this has been going on since March.

With regards

Hazel

Hello Hazel,

This all looks good for you:grin: I would be of a mind to stick with the fos, they will do a good job for you, unfortunately it does take time, but likewise so will the court.

The court route will cost you money upfront, and you should only consider this route, if the fos does not rule in your favour, which I doubt very much.:-D

Just be a little more patient and ensure when they return the ppi payments and the interest they charged you monthly, to ask for contractual interest from the dates they took the payments to the date they pay up. It is monies they should not have taken and you want compensated:-D

Do you have the figures?????

Oh and on another note report them to the OFT and the FSA anyway. They are conducting investigation into the mis-selling of ppi

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi and thanks for your reply. I dont know how to work out the interest, so far, I have only quoted the total, stating "without interest".

Dates and amounts are as follows-

2/2/05 @20.24

2/3/05@19.55

30/3/05@17.92

27/04/05@17.37

25/5/05@16.42

22/6/05@15.48

20/7/04/@18.65

17/8/05@17.72

14/9/05@17.65

12/10/05@23.69

9/11/05@23.51

7/12/05@22.86

4/1/06@22.23

1/2/06@21.42

1/3/06@11.19

29/03/06@11.41

26/4/06@11.64

24/5/06@11.19

24/6/06@11.00

22/7/06@10.62

19/8/06@21.26

16/9/06@22.43

14/10/06@29.07

11/11/06@31.55

9/12/06@32.13

6/1/07@30.13

3/2/07@27.84

3/3/07@25.54

29/04/07@22.32

26/05/07@23.43

23/06/07@21.03

23/07/07@22.22

20/08/07@21.31

15/09/07@20.92

13/10/07@20.16

10/11/07@23.24

8/12/07@29.05

5/01/08@25.15

2/2/08@23.31

PHEW.

Could someone please help me with this or point me in the right direction of a calculator which will do it for me. What percentage interest are we talking here? What is contractual interest? As I have sent the letters off. is it too late to request the interest if I do the calculations now and post off??

Many regards

Hazel

Hello Hazel

Here is a link to spreadsheets to work out your calculations, I would personally use the advanced word or advanced excel, as you can change the interest rate.

If you need help shout.

The contractual interest if the rate of interest that they charged you on your account, ie monthly rate(multipy this by 12 to get the yearly rate) or the yearly rate. You should find this on your statements

Hope this helps:-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 3 weeks later...

After sending in info as proof of being incapacitated before during and to date of the ppi payments being taken,

kays have admitted I was mis sold ppi.

BUT they say as I did not respond to to their additional information sheet within fourteen days,

they assume there is no further medical evidence to back up my claim.

I did RESPOND TO IT THOUGH ,

THE DAY AFTER AND i SENT COPIES OF ALL CORRESPONDENCE TO THE FOS WHO INFORMED ME THEY HAD REC IT.

AM i going to get the 800 pounds back?

Do I send this letter to the fos now as it confirms I was missold? AARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH:evil::evil::evil:

how much interest do i add on to payments taken .

I read somewhere that it is the contractual amount, which would be 1.98 percent.

My question....after a massive row with hubby.

..is...

there was no contract as i did not take out the ppi, so do i charge stat rate of 8%???

Grrr.

I am so effing mad now because I need the money to go bankrupt.

Then of course there is the case against abbey AND trying to control my depression.

Hubby is useless and I am now peed off.

fos is aware but they masy take some time and we have already asked for abbey to consider us as a hardship caSe

but have so far been ignored.

Baxck to psychiatrist this week as it is getting too much.

Any advice on intetrest MUCH appreciated.

is this PPI on a loan and if so was an upfront single premium policy added to the loan or was it ppi added to a credit card balance which you paid for monthly.

If it was the first you have been paying contractual interest each month this is what you want back.

So in a nutshell you want back the contractual interest they charged you plus the ppi premium of course.

there was no contract as i did not take out the ppi but you did take out a loan or credit card that is where the contract is.

You can go for the simple calculation 8% statatory interest but if it was me id want back what i paid in full so would go for the contractual rate.

Do you have the loan or credit card agreement there if so what rate does it say.

Hope this helps you

Regards

Leon

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

i have been a customer of kays since 1991 and these ppi payments were added each month from jan 05.

kays have admiited, in writing that i was missold but have not paid up and going by their letter, there is no hint of them doing so.

so any loan, ie, by personal account should have shown these charges.

kays say i agreed to it all dec 04 on the phone.

i have never spoken to them.

they say i had the agreement sent to me and that i didnt sign against the ppi,

which i have never needed,

so it was started without my knowledge.

as my account was a running account,

they charged me varying rates rates according to my balance.

grrr

ok that dont sound right in that they admitted they have mis-sold the PPI to you and then say you agreed.

Do you have all there statements from Jan 05. if so you need to tally up all the payments made and then add on 8% statutory interest you are claiming this as compensation for paying for a policy you did not need when that money could off been better spent.

You need to send them a letter stating that as you have admitted mis-selling this ppi and have failed to refund the payments made you give them a further 2 weeks to reflecked on this after this date the matter will be taken further.

Regards

Leon

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Thank you , yes , it does make sense now. After many weeks of all this, I start thinking I am going nuts.

I have written to them, telling them they have 14 working days to pay up, via cheque. But what if they don't. Do I go ahead and file to the courts or sit and wait for the fos?

I am being a pain. IM SORRY.