sorning a vehicle

pov
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hava a car that needs work doing on it just realised tax ran out 31/1/08 so need to sorn . what date do i sorn it from ? or do i need to backdate tax ? i'm clueless thanks

Hi pov, I've just had a look on the DVLA website. I cannot find a specific time scale for declareing SORN but I think I saw on a thread on here somewhere that you have 14 days from tax running out. You need to SORN it asap you can do that on line on the DVLA website. Hopefully someone will be along soon with more knowlege than me on this matter to advise you as whether you would be wise to back date the tax a month.

I presume your car has a current MOT on it for you to back date tax if necessary. In the meantime make sure your car is not parked on a public highway. At the moment you are commiting an offence and are liable for a fine.

thanks wino have managed to sort now have sorned by telephone then spoke to someone who advised that i just pay 15 quid for the month i missed ... sorted ;)