Help needed. 3rd Party in claim

ispartacus75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have originally posted this in the other organisations thread along with my claim however I have learned today that a 3rd party is now involved.

I have been informed by a phone call today that my agreement and loan with British Credit Trust has been 'sold' on to a third party going by the name of Marlin Financial.

After speaking to them they have given me 7 days to come to a financial arrangement with them regarding outstanding balance.

Do I now serve this company with a DPA?

British Credit Trust website has an FAQ section. One of the questions is:

Is it possible to transfer my agreement to a third party?

No, the agreement is only between you and us.

If this is the case why have they then been able to sell the debt on to a third party?

Just spoken to British Credit Trust by phone who told me that they have the legal right and perogative to transfer the agreement where as I do not. In addition they no longer hold a file as it has all been passed to the third party.

My question is do I deal with Marlin Financial now or ignore them and continue with British Credit Trust?

Marlin are threatening me with court action for the repayment of £1500, some of this I admit I am liable for however some of it is charges.

Do I let them take me to court and then deal with it after? Or do I issue DPA letter on 3rd party.

If I claim charges back am I claiming from BCT or Marlin?

So many damn questions

And sorry for cross posting, I just dont think it will get seen in there are urgently as I need the advice

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

1/3 offered by phone 20/04/06 - Rejected

BCT Status

Statements Recieved 31/03/06

Capital One Status

Recieved Lie/Reply 24/04/06

Guest stephen

I would wright them a nice letter saying that this debt is in dispute with the original lenders as some of the amount, is not owed. Therefore, you would suggest that they give back the debt to the original company, as you will be arguing the amount you owe in court.

Or words to that effect

Then I would issue the DPA letter on the orignal lenders to see how much of the debit is charges.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

1/3 offered by phone 20/04/06 - Rejected

BCT Status

Statements Recieved 31/03/06

Capital One Status

Recieved Lie/Reply 24/04/06

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks