New DPE Regs.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Green and Mean discussed the issues for the changes to decriminalised parking enforcement from April 1 here.

What has been troubling me has been in relation to the issuance of a PCN by post following a "drive away".

As I understand it a CEO (Civil Enforcement Officer) must have begun to prepare a PCN prior to the drive away but that merely seeing conduct which appears to constitute a parking contravention is not "beginning to prepare" but this is not defined. What is evidence of preparing? Any ideas? What is to stop a CEO making a note of a VRM in a notebook and claiming that was preparation?

I'm also troubled by the possibility of a PCN having been issued by post (either CEO or CCTV) where the alleged contravention is failing to display a P&D ticket. How can a CCTV determine that there is no ticket on display or the validity of it? (I suspect that as a result PCNs will not be served in this way for this). But the LA has 28 days to serve the PCN by post. If your defence is that you did pay and display, who keeps their tickets for 28 days?

What I'm wondering is whether it is a good idea to keep a note book with details of where and when I parked and stick the P&D tickets inside. I don't much want to do this and it may be a bit anoraky.

What do you think?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

What I'm wondering is whether it is a good idea to keep a note book with details of where and when I parked and stick the P&D tickets inside. I don't much want to do this and it may be a bit anoraky.

What do you think?

I think I will use a cork board to keep my old P&D tickets on.

:)

Mossycat

Green and Mean discussed the issues for the changes to decriminalised parking enforcement from April 1 here.

What has been troubling me has been in relation to the issuance of a PCN by post following a "drive away".

As I understand it a CEO (Civil Enforcement Officer) must have begun to prepare a PCN prior to the drive away but that merely seeing conduct which appears to constitute a parking contravention is not "beginning to prepare" but this is not defined. What is evidence of preparing? Any ideas? What is to stop a CEO making a note of a VRM in a notebook and claiming that was preparation?

I'm also troubled by the possibility of a PCN having been issued by post (either CEO or CCTV) where the alleged contravention is failing to display a P&D ticket. How can a CCTV determine that there is no ticket on display or the validity of it? (I suspect that as a result PCNs will not be served in this way for this). But the LA has 28 days to serve the PCN by post. If your defence is that you did pay and display, who keeps their tickets for 28 days?

What do you think?

Obviously checking pay and display tickets and permits is not going to be done by cctv it doesn't take a genius to work that out, spending all day trying to focus on the times on the tickets and details on the permits would be stupid. CCTV is used for yellow line and stopping restrictions.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what stage the PCN is at if you are parked in contravention you risk getting a PCN if you think thats unfair park legally. The whole point of the new law is to stop the ludicrous cat and mouse game of parking illegally then trying drive off to escape a penalty. If you park where you shouldn't the only person to blame is yourself not the cctv operator or PA who issues the PCN, its not a game after all its the law you are breaking.