How did I end up with PPI from HFC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gc, had problems with my internet connection so will have a look tomorrow. Have just pinched OH's lappy while he is out dog walking. My computer will let me do emails and messenger but will not let me on any websites. His lappy is on same network:confused:. He is computer engineer and even he is baffled......

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Just thought I would add, HFC claim that the final figure was calculated adding interest from 7 late payments, yet when the DD failed for these payments I made the payments by debit card over the phone and I was charged £15 each time which I paid at the same time as the monthly payment, these payments never went into the next month..Gc

Hi again, I have finally got back online, on a different computer. I will defo have a look tomorrow, and sorry for delay.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi, finally made it. Managed to get online last night but the site was down:mad:.

So apart from a sticky spacebar (blame the red wine) I am back in action.

I have had another look at the figures and what they have said in the letters. It seems there is some formula which they quote on page 2-3 whereby they work out the rebate they will give and the rebate amount is 22.9% of the original interest charged to the loan. I don't know enough about how the financial service companies operate but presume that this is how such things are done. I still think the original interest rate is wrong as I said above but in your favour, and as you have settled the loan it is probably not worth pursuing it. It might be worth pointing out:confused:

The amount you would have paid for PPI if the loan had run its course is £2013.48. Applying their rebate calculation you have actually paid £1826.63 for the ppi including interest. And the amount that the loan balance was increased by for interest (???) on late payments - is that a cunning disguise for penalty charges as you saythe paymentswerenot late just not made by dd is £184.95.

If it was me Iwouldhave onelast go at them asking for those amounts back.

Iwill helpyou somemorewhen Iget another keyboard!!! ithastaken me nearly anhour to typethis..

Moral of story- don't drink red wine when you are readi ng posts on CAG

BANK CHARGES

Others

Thank you Goldlady, I have a good idea of the figures now which I will write to them again and ask them to refund, I dont hold out much luck though as their letter stated that it was their final response, Ive had a look on the FOS website and even though I took out the loan before 2005, there is still a good case for mis-selling PPI so will no doubt end up going down that route, thanks again...Gc

Thanks - well it was either that or bankruptcy which I was ready to do until I found CAG:D. I think their waffle about the dates they were penalised for is a load of bowlarks - why should only PPI sold between two dates be mis-sold? I would definitely have another go at them. I have saved the spreadsheet if you need anything to back up your claim.

Go for it:p

BANK CHARGES

Others

I have another keyboard. It is great to be able to type properly again:D

BANK CHARGES

Others

You might be better threatening them with court action rather than the FOS, as they seem to have no fear of the FOS

BANK CHARGES

Others

Im giving myself a day off work tomorrow so will type a lovely letter and get it in the post to them tomorrow, Im only giving them 14 days to reply as I've waited 6 months to be told to get lost, them maybe court action is the way forward with them,

I'l have a look around the site for some success storys with HFC..Gc

Sounds like a good plan:p. They will do anything to get out of paying up.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Received another letter from HFC this morning dated 18th Sept 08 stating that at this present time they have been unable to resolve the issues raised to my satisfaction and that they hope my complaint can be resolved soon and they will contact me again shortly!! Eh they told me to bugger off 2 weeks ago, do you think they ever speak to each other, or are they playing daft sods..Gc

You might be better threatening them with court action rather than the FOS, as they seem to have no fear of the FOS

Agree absolutely! GEt yourself straight off to court ... :D

Received another letter from HFC this morning dated 18th Sept 08 stating that at this present time they have been unable to resolve the issues raised to my satisfaction and that they hope my complaint can be resolved soon and they will contact me again shortly!! Eh they told me to bugger off 2 weeks ago, do you think they ever speak to each other, or are they playing daft sods..Gc

They are playing their little games with you, hoping you'll go away. Get your N1 filed young lady :-D:-D

'Fortune favours the brave.'

Any advice given is purely on the basis of my own views and opinions and offered in good faith.

• 3 weeks later...
I would definitely have another go at them. I have saved the spreadsheet if you need anything to back up your claim.

Go for it:p

Hi Goldlady, would you be so kind to forward onto me the spreadsheet you did for me please,

I've been a little poorly these last couple of weeks but ok now so would like to move on with my claim,

I can PM you my email address, I'm very grateful for your help...Gc

No worries - if you pm me I will forward it:p

BANK CHARGES

Others

Got the spresdsheet ok Goldlady, it makes perfect sense, I WAS ROBBED and now I'm going to do something about it,

again thanks very much, I've just tried to click your scales but have to spread you around first!!!LOL...Gc

PS luv the name, might pinch it for my bluetooth if thats ok?

well its one way of spreading you around ha ha

• Haha 1

You don't want to use my name - you might get lynched in a restaurant one day!!! I was in a restaurant once and Paul Weller was there according to my bluetooth and also someone called something really rude (avoid the Cagbot) and my friend and I could not work out which of the boring businessmen in the place had that name on his bluetooth:eek:

Anyway glad it made some sense and the very best of luck with your claim.

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Others

• 4 months later...

Hi all, after much uncertainty whether to take my complaint through the courts or the FOS, I decided to complain to the ombudsman, I've photocopied all docs, including their failure to disclose final statement of account, hidden interest charges etc, received letter last week from FOS stating that they were dealing with high volumes of complaints and could not give me a date when my complaint would be dealt with, then got another letter yeasterday with my case no and informing me that they have written to HFC for their reply to my complaint so just playing the waiting game..Gc

• 1 month later...

Quick update, Ombudsman have finally handed my complaint to one of their adjudicators, I'm in the process of replying informing them of changes to my personal circumstances as they advised, ie,

(You are suffering serious ill-health which makes it extremely important to you that the complaint is resolved quickly)

I've recently been diagnosed as suffering from ME/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, one of the main trigger factors is stress, therefore the added stress of my awaiting for HFC to admit they mis-sold me PPI and repay me my money is not helping my condition:-x