recovery of social fund

lormc22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’m hoping some one can help my friend has had a demand for a dept owed to the DWP from the social fund in 1997 of 101.00 pounds he says he has never had a lone from the social fund and thinks his ex wife wile they were married must have claimed social security pretending they has split up

He was in fact employed and they were together but he was working

he has all ready paid back a lone for 400.00 to them last year as they (DWP) said he had taken out a lone in 1996 so he paid it off so his ex wife would not get in to bother as you can imagine he is now getting sick of this.

Is there any way he can ask for a brake down from the department of work and pensions and also a copy of any documents they have with any details of what it was for and who has singed for it

they sent all the letters demanding the dept paid to an old address that he has not lived at for years and never with his ex wife it was a relatives house but when he spoke last year to some one from the DWP they said they had been sending the letters to his old address that he had lived at with his ex wife but got no joy that’s why it had taken so long any help would be appreciated

Firstly, he should write to them stating that he has never had a social fund payment and requires proof as the debt is in dispute.

See what they come up with then and we can take it from there.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

The burden of proof is on them to prove he did receive the money, not for him to prove he didn't.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.