Barclaycard - Is This A Valid Credit Agreement

Dorabell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks enforcable to me it is executed and it has the prescribed terms, I see you have PPi on the loan have you looked into reclaiming this?

Thanks adamski i just needed someone to clarify for me:) no i have not looked into reclaiming could you point me in the right direction please :)

yes of course try this forum, I am a regular here a small but a good forum read all the stickies to see if you can reclaim.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/

Thanks :)do i have to still keep the account in dispute while claiming or go back to my original payment plan with barclays advise would be most appriciated

First find out if you have good case for reclaiming, do you have a pre exsiting medical condition, were you self employed, bfrom your credit agreement it looks like the PPi was not optional which is very very naughty which is good gronds for a reclaim, once you have sent of a letter to reclaim the account will be in dispute so they cannot chase until it is resloved, its up to you if you want to keep paying them.

First find out if you have good case for reclaiming, do you have a pre exsiting medical condition, were you self employed, bfrom your credit agreement it looks like the PPi was not optional which is very very naughty which is good gronds for a reclaim, once you have sent of a letter to reclaim the account will be in dispute so they cannot chase until it is resloved, its up to you if you want to keep paying them.

ansewer to the qustions is no:) is there a template letter i can send to claim do i have to send for all my data they have on me first sorry to be thick i have never done anything like this before

Hi Marje.

You're in a very similar situatuon to me. I have what looks like an enforceable CCA, but it all depends on wether the PPI was compulsary or not. If it was, then that CCA is unenforceable because the prescribed terms are wrong. They should not have charged interest on it!

My thread is here . You might want to take a look because i've a link to a useful thread in the PPI forum explaining this better.

I'm sending in a S.A.R to try and find out about the PPI. You might need to do the same.

I dunno if this helps you but i hope it does :)

Hi Marje.

You're in a very similar situatuon to me. I have what looks like an enforceable CCA, but it all depends on wether the PPI was compulsary or not. If it was, then that CCA is unenforceable because the prescribed terms are wrong. They should not have charged interest on it!

My thread is here . You might want to take a look because i've a link to a useful thread in the PPI forum explaining this better.

I'm sending in a S.A.R to try and find out about the PPI. You might need to do the same.

I dunno if this helps you but i hope it does :)

Hi stikky62 and thanks for your reply it was most grateful:)

Hi.

No wescot are not in house for anybody. they are the general will make money were ever we can ppl.

Now i notice u mention about PPI claiming back. Did u start this.?

Now i also notice that the cca says about further t+cs overleaf were u supplied these?

Now i have not seen a agreement like this and cannot say if it is valid or not but i am a bit bermused buy the lack of detail on on the agreement especially the fact that there are no repayment rates or t+cs.

Now wescot youhave 2 options with but these do depend on if u started a PPI claim or not.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi.

No wescot are not in house for anybody. they are the general will make money were ever we can ppl.

Now i notice u mention about PPI claiming back. Did u start this.?

Now i also notice that the cca says about further t+cs overleaf were u supplied these?

Now i have not seen a agreement like this and cannot say if it is valid or not but i am a bit bermused buy the lack of detail on on the agreement especially the fact that there are no repayment rates or t+cs.

Now wescot youhave 2 options with but these do depend on if u started a PPI claim or not.

thanks for your reply:) no i have not started to claim yet i will need advise please how to do that:) they only sent me the cca, no they have not supplied me with t and cs does that make any diffrence?

rite well they should have. Is there any mention of a repayment rate/amount each month?

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Its not completely free is it NSE. Its no good to anyone with PPI.

CAG is a reasonable checker system :)

The Checker system will not assess or check Credit Card Agreements or agreements with linked insurance contracts such as Payment Protection (PPI) or Accident, Sickness and Unemployment (ASU) nor will it assess agreements with maintenance contracts. If you have such an agreement please email us at info@checkmyagreement.co.uk and a member of staff will be more than willing to help with checking this type of agreement for you for a small fee.

Hi does any one have the full address for westcot the only one i have is the po box, so i can send a letter by special delivery, there phone calls have started my hubby answered it now one there:mad: so i googled and the number came up westcot credit services, i dont now were they have had my number from i changed it a couple of months ago i only had the demand letter on sat they don,t give you time to respond:mad:

Wescot Credit Services Ltd

Kyleshill House

1 Glencairn Street

Saltcoats

KA21 5JT

[CENTER][CENTER][B] Has this post helped you?[/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT][CENTER]If so please click on the scales!! [LEFT][B]<--------------------------------[/B] [/LEFT] [/CENTER] [/LEFT] [/CENTER]

Thats not the ritw office. The head office is the HULL office so u need to send it there. The address i have for them is

45 percey st

HULL

hu2 8hf.

TELEPHONE NUMBER OF

Whilst it may not be a head office address it is indeed a correct address that I have used with all my correspondance with Wescot...

I have always had replies within 3 working days

If it's not broken ;)

[CENTER][CENTER][B] Has this post helped you?[/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT][CENTER]If so please click on the scales!! [LEFT][B]<--------------------------------[/B] [/LEFT] [/CENTER] [/LEFT] [/CENTER]

Indeed,

I went through this cycle with them, may be worth a read - also a good letter you may wish to use