12 days up for lowell

Dorabell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

im having the same problem with cap one in this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325286-letter-in-dispute-to-dca sent them the cca they sent me an application form back so sent dispute letter and they sent me another letter saying my debt is enforceable ,could use some advice on that .

im having the same problem with cap one in this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325286-letter-in-dispute-to-dca sent them the cca they sent me an application form back with t&c,s printed on a load of a4, so sent dispute letter and they sent me another letter saying my debt is enforceable ,could use some advice on that .

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all anorther letter arrived today this time from HAMPTON LEGAL here goes a very long one:|

Dear xx xx

YOUUR HOME COULD BE AT RISK IF YOU DO NOT REPAY YOUR DEBTS

Our aim is to work with our customers to help them find the best way to repay what they owe to LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD (LOWELL) We understand that finances can be tight so Lowell accept re-payment of your debt under an arrangement that you can relistically afford to pay

As you have failed to repay what you owe Lowell or given any reason for non payment, we have obtained a copy of your credit file that tells us that you own property. This information creates new opertunity for lowell to try to recover the debt, such has applying the the court to request a county court judgment. IF this is granted by the court and you continued to refuse to pay,this May result on an applicatin being made to the court for this debt to be secured against your property. Alternatively We could petition for your bankruptcy IF we have issued you with a statutory demand and you have still failed to repay the debt or state why you are unable to repay the debt. IF the court were to make a bankruptcy order against you this could result in your home being sold by a trustee that is appointed to manage your financial affairs, including repaying all of your debts to your creditors.

YOUR REPAYMENT OPTION

We make sure that you would not want to put your home at risk and we would therefore like to make this final offer to you

ACCEPT A 20% discout to settle your account now- PAY THE DISCOUNTED BALANCE WITHIN 14DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THIS LETTER

PAY THE DEBT BY 12MONTHLY INSTALMENTS AND WE WILL DISCONT THE AMOUNT OF THE DEBT PAYABLE BY 10%; OR

PAY JUST XXX PER MONTH UNTIL THE DEBT IS REPAID IN FULL; OR CALL TO DISCUSS A LOWER AMOUNT IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD XXX PER MONTH WE WILL NOT FORCE YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN REALISTICALLY AFFORD

OUR OPTION IF YOU REFUSE TO PAY

All we ask is that you pay back what you owe at a rate that you can afford IF you do not contact us legal action MAY follow with the possible outcome WE have stated above or WE may pass your account to a anorther debt collector who MAY visit your home personally discuss this matter with you at a time and date that you will be notified of in advance. WE wish to avoid this if possible your sincerely sqiggle

litigation manager fo legal hampton legal

In my opinion that letter breaches the guidance on

debt collection letter, that I will look into.

Do you infact own property??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

It is an unreasonable threat, as said as soon as I can I will

look at the guidance on DC letters.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Dora My OH had the exact same letter come today also !! the thing is He DONT own any property ..He is on a morgage ..BUT NOT on the deeds !! Funny how All these DCA leeches turn up just before Crimbo ;)) !! Another letter for the toilet roll holder ;)

:-)lol

:clock:Only 2 more years Dora, just buy a bigger box file.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Brig !! will look forward to reading it ;)

Been a bit busy but have not forgotten!!

Having been in this situation before, just keep filing.They will not go to court,they just keep hounding hoping that you will cave in. They can't go for a charging order unless they have ccj. Do you not think by now they would have had you in court if they thought they had a good case.

Regards

Cat

Having been in this situation before, just keep filing.They will not go to court,they just keep hounding hoping that you will cave in. They can't go for a charging order unless they have ccj. Do you not think by now they would have had you in court if they thought they had a good case.

Regards

Cat

:-):-)