Been missold PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys and gals hope someone can help me.

I took out a personal loan with NatWest 15 months ago and although i did not request insurance proptection, It was added to the loan. I have just found out aboutit and immediately cancelled the cover.

I have also figured out that the £6000 i have paid out in the form of this cover has not actually reduced the loan at all. I was under the impression that as soon as i took the loan, I would be paying off the capital and interest immediately.

Can i make a claim against them for this misselling? Any template letters available?

Hi guys and gals hope someone can help me.

I took out a personal loan with NatWest 15 months ago and although i did not request insurance proptection, It was added to the loan. I have just found out aboutit and immediately cancelled the cover.

I have also figured out that the £6000 i have paid out in the form of this cover has not actually reduced the loan at all. I was under the impression that as soon as i took the loan, I would be paying off the capital and interest immediately.

Can i make a claim against them for this misselling? Any template letters available?

Hello Charlie,

Welcome to the ppi forum:grin: If you check out the stickies at the top of the ppi forum, you will find lots of useful information regarding ppi claims.

Your will find that your mis-sold ppi was a single front loaded premium, which means that you pay this off first and then start on the balance:rolleyes: Your will also find that they applied extra interest to the ppi, so you need the premium and interest that you paid back.

Once you cancelled it did they give you a rebate of the remaining ppi and interest. Did the knock it off the remaining capital balance and reduce your payments or the lenght of term

I would say that they certainly made a very good job of selling your this ppi, because they did not tell you that you had applied it. So the still have not improved their selling tactics then.

My first step would be to send them a SAR, you will find a copy of that template in the ppi sticky, get back this information and then hit them with the claim.

Very useful information on the threads too:grin:

• Haha 1

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello,

Thanks for your help!! :) Gonna use your template and really hit them!!

What do you think my chances are of making a successfull claim for the insurance premiums I have paid?

Good but your have to keep at them:grin:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Any sugggestions then HHNF when you say keep at them, what should i look out for? making a claim for bank charges too! have heard that they have suspended all cases is this true?

Hello Charlie B

When I say keep at them, what I mean is that you have to show them that you are serious, If you give them a deadline, ie 14days you mean just that and if they don't respond you send them reminders.

Take everything they tell you with a pinch of salt, they will state mis-truths and deny everything, and try to put you off, by knocking your confidence. But there is exceptional help and support on the site. to advise and guide you. So you are not alone.

As regarding the bank charges refund. yes, all court cases relating to bank charge claims have been stayed/suspended until the outcome of the test case between the OFT and the banks.

I suggest that if you haven't started, send your preliminary letter asking for the refund as soon as possible to enable to to be already in the system. If you complain now, they will file it and have to look at later.

As far as I am aware the site is still suggesting that you continue with the process and even issue your claim with the court after sending the template letters Prelim and Letter before action. Only last week I issued a claim for charges 1993-2000 with the Natwest:D

Have you started a thread on the bank charges forum yet. Have you sent your SAR??

Hi,

I work for a BBC1 consumer affairs programme called "Don't Get Done, Get Dom", in which presenter Dominic Littlewood attempts to resolve issues that have arisen between consumers and companies.

Having read your story, we would be extremely keen to hear from you to see if there is anything we might be able to do to help.

If you would like to talk to us, please get in touch at:

dom@flametv.co.uk

Thanks very much,

Robert Gershinson

Don’t Get Done, Get Dom (BBC1)

Hi,

I work for a BBC1 consumer affairs programme called "Don't Get Done, Get Dom", in which presenter Dominic Littlewood attempts to resolve issues that have arisen between consumers and companies.

Having read your story, we would be extremely keen to hear from you to see if there is anything we might be able to do to help.

If you would like to talk to us, please get in touch at:

dom@flametv.co.uk

Thanks very much,

Robert Gershinson

Don’t Get Done, Get Dom (BBC1)

Hello,

It appears the calvery have landed to all of us:shock:

31 of us in fact. Is there certain criterea for successful candidates to be included.:confused: