Tax Credit Overpayments!

Yellow160
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was contacted a few months ago to say i was overpayed tax credits by £347.50 for 2006/07. I replied back via letter to offer a monthly repayment of £10 as thats all i could currently afford, they replied to say we cannot accept any offer via post and to call them to arrange repayments,The letter they sent was dated 07/2/08 posted via 2nd class and it arrived on the morning of the 15/02/08 advising to call by the 14/02/08 or further action would be taken (Abit impossible as it arrived a day late) I responded again via letter to say that i would only communicate with them via letter as offers or promises made via the phone cannot be kept to and that i would offer to up my payment to them to £28.95 so it would be repayed within 12 months..(Still had no response to this letter) Have i done the correct thing by not phoning them? I have made it quite clear to them that im not avoiding this debt but it seems trying to work out re-payments with them are impossible.

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!