What's the longest anyone has waited for a CCA?

spamheed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just curious,

I made 2 x CCA requests through Moorcroft in October 2007, which I am informed they passed on to Egg.

apart from the usual veiled threat soaked acknowledgement, I have heard nothing since.

What is the longest anyone has had to wait and still had a valid CCA produced from either DCA or Original Creditor?

Hillesden Securities, and that was 7th Feb 2007!!

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

10 months so far and DLC still in default, shame I already know they havent got it as I checked with teh OC and they confirmed there isnt one! lol

not holding my breath either!

claim v natwest WON!

all posts made by myself are without prejudice

Sent a CCA request to HFC in March 2007.

Still waiting for it. Last letter from them

was in March 07 saying "The account it on hold until

we can get a copy of the agreement sent to you.

I'd heard that when HFC became a limited company

they had lost a lot of agreements and were trying to

get people to refinance. Luckily I found this out before

they had a chance to do it with me.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

january 2006 MORGAN STANLEY where using MOORCROFT and newtons i CCA newtons and still awaiting for them to comply its now been through 7 DCAs all from MORGAN STANLEY oh and newtons knocked a pound of the origional debt silly bar stewards wrote this to me instead of supplying the CCA request....so i got a lot going for me with damages claim

patrickq1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

My girlfriend informed me last night that she's been waiting for

Barclaycard to come up with the goods since November 2006.

All they could muster up was a hardly legible copy of an

application form. As we all know, that won't do for the CAG posse.

Since then it's been passed to 3 DCA's. The Lastest one

being Robinson Way & Co. Who are apparently well known

for buying uninforceable debts for next to nothing, then using

threat-o-grams n phone calls to scare you into paying them.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Lowells- June 2007

Wescot- June (ish) 2007

Lloyds TSB- May 2007

Wonder if I'll ever get anything out of these?!! They all still have my £1, shall I set a DCA on to them.

Out of interest, if you are still waiting, has the DCA/Creditor you CCA'd still got your £1?

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

Out of interest, if you are still waiting, has the DCA/Creditor you CCA'd still got your £1?

Yep only Thames credit returned the postal order with a letter that the debt would no longer be persued, I kept it and might frame it as a momento lol

Lowells x 2 June 2007 - oh that's £2 I need back.

Abbey - June 2007

LTSB - June 2007 - apparently they don't need to keep agreements so are above the law:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

apparently they don't need to keep agreements so are above the law

i love this quote from the halifax other my cca request

As advised in my last letter, as you have used the facilities of the account which have amounted to the outstanding balance under the new terms of the Consumer Credit Act section S15 we do not hold any obligation to issue you with a copy of said agreement as the legal timescale for such documents to be held is within the last 6 years period, in this case our records are held from 3rd May 2001 until the present day.

and my reply to that statment

I do not understand your logic of this apparent assertion as I cannot see that there is any correlation between s.15 of the CCA 2006 and any “legal timescales” of “6 years” or at all. Furthermore, I am not aware that there are any “legal timescales” with regard to how long any documents may be kept by any party to an agreement. I suggest that there may be some confusion on your part in respect of the Limitations Act 1980 and the period of 6 years for civil proceedings to be instituted under a simple contract.

4 months later they wrote the debt off

I would like to confirm that the outstanding dept of £****** was written off by Halifax in March 2007. I fell that it is important to advise you that although the decision was made to write off the outstanding debt, this is not an admission of liability on the part of Halifax and should not viewed as such. The decision to write off the outstanding debt was a business decision based upon commercial viability.

Although the outstanding debt has been written off, Halifax are not disputing that you had the debt. As advised, the decision was based upon commercial viability and does not negate your responsibility towards the debt. As such, I regret to inform you that I am unable to alter the information held on your Credit File. Your Credit File will continue to show a default in regards to this account as it is a genuine reflection of the conduct of your accounts. You are also not entitled to a refund of any monies paid to lower the outstanding debt.

More of a question really, but concerning time scales.

I requested CCA etc from Cabot in August 2007 sent them the £1. etc

After much too-ing and fro-ing and correspondance, they have just sent a CC Application form, copies of card accounts and terms and conditions, this is some 4 months after the request, and they say they have sent details before but nothing received before this lot,

Should I continue to reject or come to an arrangement?

Sorry if this is wrongly posted,

do you know tooth fairy that was a brilliant peice of work,theft of £1.00 why did nt i think of that,my son in laws mum is the local seargent at the police station,i think iwill ask her to make enquiries as to the theft of £1.00 then we will see how effective their credit licence is brilliant te he

patrickq1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

i love this quote from the halifax other my cca request

As advised in my last letter, as you have used the facilities of the account which have amounted to the outstanding balance under the new terms of the Consumer Credit Act section S15 we do not hold any obligation to issue you with a copy of said agreement as the legal timescale for such documents to be held is within the last 6 years period, in this case our records are held from 3rd May 2001 until the present day.

and my reply to that statment

I do not understand your logic of this apparent assertion as I cannot see that there is any correlation between s.15 of the CCA 2006 and any “legal timescales” of “6 years” or at all. Furthermore, I am not aware that there are any “legal timescales” with regard to how long any documents may be kept by any party to an agreement. I suggest that there may be some confusion on your part in respect of the Limitations Act 1980 and the period of 6 years for civil proceedings to be instituted under a simple contract.

4 months later they wrote the debt off

I would like to confirm that the outstanding dept of £****** was written off by Halifax in March 2007. I fell that it is important to advise you that although the decision was made to write off the outstanding debt, this is not an admission of liability on the part of Halifax and should not viewed as such. The decision to write off the outstanding debt was a business decision based upon commercial viability.

Although the outstanding debt has been written off, Halifax are not disputing that you had the debt. As advised, the decision was based upon commercial viability and does not negate your responsibility towards the debt. As such, I regret to inform you that I am unable to alter the information held on your Credit File. Your Credit File will continue to show a default in regards to this account as it is a genuine reflection of the conduct of your accounts. You are also not entitled to a refund of any monies paid to lower the outstanding debt.

Nows the time to get the default removed from your credit file.

Lots of info and letter templates on here on how to do it if you have a search around the forum. Quite a few have sucessfully done it too.

As they have no CCA, they have no proof of the debt, and also by adding the defaut they are processing your personal information without your permision. (no cca, no permission under the data protection act.)

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S