Another DVLA scam.

dave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My ex partner recently taxed her car, but prior to doing this, sent off the form informing them of her change of address. They sent the tax disc to the old address, and she cannot get hold of it.

She phoned the DVLA to find out where her tax disc was when it didn't arrive and it transpired that they 'hadn't received the form' telling them of the address change. (sound familiar to anyone when dealing with this bunch of incompetents?)

They told her to send in the form notifying them of the change of address. She told them that she can't send it, because SHE'S ALREADY SENT IT TO THEM!

Their answer, which is somewhat expected of these money grabbing artists, was to pay 25 quid to them and they would send another V5 with the bottom bit intact.

Nice.

It seems that it's not really in the DVLA's best interests to be competent, let alone excel at anything.

If they are losing post at this level, surely it's time the job was given to someone else instead of Captia?

I had two SORN declarations go 'missing' which resulted ultimately in fines totalling over 500 quid, as the normal 80 quid fines were never received by me, so I couldn't even contest them, let alone pay them. To lose one, is bad, to lose two is surely incompetence?

Mention the DVLA to anyone these days and you get a similar story. A story which usually ends up with that person being out of pocket.

This is [causing problems] on a large scale and needs to stop IMO.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Guest 10110001

Dave, if you are happy to make an affidavit effecting you serviced by post the documents which were lost and resulted in fines, you can reclaim them from DVLA in the small track under Section 7 of the Interpretation Act 1978.

Its worth a try. You are contending incompetence after you fulfilled your obligations under VERA.

Well, not me, my ex. But thank you - I will pass that on to her.

Just for your information, I did not pay the 500 quid fine - in fact, I caused an uproar by getting the local papers involved and my MP and eventually the fines were 'waived' - which I also complained about, as it still implied I was guilty of not furnishing them with information - information that not only had I given them the first time, I was apparently asked for twice (Yeah, ok - if you don't sorn your car, they politely ask you for the information do they? Hmmm......).

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

I think we should draft a letter to our respective MPs outlining the DVLA's failures and requesting that the contract be awarded to a firm that actually can act competently, and not one that actually makes money out of their incompetence and is backed by the law to do so.

Everybody being treated as guilty until proved innocent just so they can make money is not good enough, and is in fact utterly reprehensible.

------------

------------

Guest 10110001
Everybody being treated as guilty until proved innocent just so they can make money is not good enough, and is in fact utterly reprehensible.

As the sayings go:

Muggers get a fair trial, the motorist does't

Bailiffs - Licensed to Burgle.

Does Capita run this part of the DVLA?

------------

------------