can anyone help me...asap?

caz&kids
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi....i am after advice really....my ex left me wityh four kids and took my 7 seater too.......the car is reg keeper in my name as he got it for me for birthady. anyway he took the car and i am car less and rather angry really.......before i got with him i had a perfectly good running car and two kids, he upgraded my car due to increase on family.....anyway i think personally he should be willing and helping me get another car......but i have found out that the 7 seater is on finance?.....which of course is in his name........well he is due to get tax by the end of the month and i also know that he is driving around with no insurance.......but i have been told that i should fight for the car as he bought it for a present for me and i got rid of the car i had prior to our relationship.

he as offered the car to me but then he says he wont pay me maintance-which to be honest i know he wouldnt keep payments up on the car......he as asked me to sign the reg keeper docs over to him but i have them upstairs and well......can someone help please......what can i do...have i got a leg to stand on...i also know that if he got caught driving no insurance etc it would come back on me wouldnt it?....what am i to do?

One thing I do know caz is when the tax expires, you as the reg keeper will be landed with the penalty from DVLA, it will be no good writing to them and explaining what you have said above as they will not be interested.

Caz,

Option 1: Report the car stolen.

Option 2: Fill out the New Keeper details if you know the address. Just get rid of the aggravation. The finance is only in his name so that will not come back to you.

Him driving without insurance will not come back to you. It will be on his record not yours.

Probably not what you want to hear, but start again without him. Get an another car.

Regards,

John

Unless you can prove the car was a present to you, or convince a judge that it is, you don't have a leg to stand on and you are setting yourself for a whole load of aggravation.

Give/send the paperwork to him and send off the tear-off slip to DVLA so you can't be lumbered with the tax and subsequent fines.

You can always report him to the police for driving without insurance, but make sure that that's what he's doing first.

However infuriating it may be now, it is the wisest thing to do in the long run, believe me. :oops:

Unless you can prove the car was a present to you, or convince a judge that it is, you don't have a leg to stand on and you are setting yourself for a whole load of aggravation.

Give/send the paperwork to him and send off the tear-off slip to DVLA so you can't be lumbered with the tax and subsequent fines.

These are two entirely separate matters, and should be treated as such.

If you have the proof (or convince a judge) as Bookie says, then you are the legal owner of the vehicle - depending on the type of finance.

Regardless of who is the owner, your ex is currently the keeper and should be registered as such. If you do not do this you will be responsible for VED, MoT and all council parking tickets. Transfer the vehicle to him on the V5 - it does not affect ownership - that way, he becomes responsible for everything.

If you believe that he is driving uninsured, then report it. Otherwise, if he is caught and you are the RK, you could be prosecuted for 'permitting'

If you really want to screw him over, apply for a refund of the remaining VED as soon as you have sent off the V5 in his name. You can do this without the disk on form V33