Help! Quite Worried

Yellow160
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got caught speeding in November 07 and the police officer did a PNC check on the car, All came back as ok. Last week i received a letter from the DVLA advising that as of the 17/10/07 my car is untaxed. I bought the car in September 07 and it was MOT'd and Taxed in June 2007, The tax was sent direct from the DVLA from the website. I have checked the DVLA website and it too says that its currently untaxed, I have filled the form in that they sent to say it has tax and supplied the Ref number off the tax disc. What else can i do untill i hear back from them? If i was to get pulled again it would show as untaxed or the possibility of being clamped for no tax?

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!

no, the car was bought from a dealership

That doesn't always mean that the cheque didn't bounce.

Have you checked the reg. no. is the same on the disc as the car? Have you checked that the tax disc says PLG and not disabled? If it is a disabled tax disc it is non-transferable and should have been returned to DVLA by the previous owner.

Why don't you telephone DVLA and ask why your disc has been cancelled? They could argue, if you get stopped in the meantime that you had been notified that your car wasn't taxed and were knowingly driving it untaxed.

The reg no is the same. PLG (Private/Light Goods) has now been changed to PC (Petrol Car), Mine displays PC and the details all match up. What doesnt make sense is that if they claim it wasnt taxed from 17/10 but i had a PNC check done in November and it came back as taxed, Insured, and MOT'd.

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!

Spoke to the dealer who said its nothing to do with them, I need to take this issue up with the DVLA.. Is there any further steps i can take towards the dealer?

ive been to the website and it now says unlicenced. Its computer generated.

Before i received my Log book it did show as not due and date of liability as 01/07/08, My log book was issued around the 17/10/07 and it now says the date of liability is 17/10/07. ?

Hi, we had a similar thing about 2 years ago we ended up sending them all the details on the disk and e-mailed a photo of the disk, they eventually got back to us saying it was a computer error.

Do phone them, I was told at the time that it wasn't uncommon for this sort of thing to happen.

ive tried to call the local office as instructed by the helpline but its always busy, I have filled the form in they sent me detailing all the info from the disc inc serial number, I will chase again tomorrow to see if i can get through.

• 2 weeks later...