NatWest and RBS

Mariana
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick note to vent my anger ...

I have been encouraged (haven't we all) to pay my RBS credit card by direct debit. I arranged for this to be collected on the 1st of each month when my salary goes in and to avoid any disappointment. Over the last few months this direct debit has been called down on the 28th of each month, when I am skint and 2 days before my salary goes in. BTW - each failed DD - £38 charge (NatWest) and £12 unpaid DD charge (RBS)!

So I telephoned RBS on Friday to get this sorted. I was told that it is standard practise that DD are collected 2 days prior to day you have asked for it to be collect - WERE IS THE LOGIC IN THAT???? It was too late to cancel this month's DD - and I was advised to cancel this directly with NatWest. I did this online. On Saturday my card gets declined at the Petrol station and I am left redfaced, having to get my husband to come and pay. I could not understand it - to my knowledge there should be about £30 left in my account.

Once back at home, I check my online statement and there it is - RBS DD taken!!! Bearing in mind this is now 26th Jan! I telephoned NatWest in a BIG HUFF demanding an explanation as to why they paid a DD that is due out on the 28th Jan. I was given the "Terms and Conditions" nonsense about 3 working days blah blah blah. I then demanded an explanation on how dare they take MY MONEY and pay someone against MY instructions TWO days BEFORE it is actually due to be paid ... I was told that technically the money is still in my account and I demanded that I be able to draw down that monies instantly. I was then put through to one of the Customer Care managers who, after alot of to-and-fros - refunded me the DD and also confirmed that I will not be charged for a failed DD.

The audacity!

You could do as Steven says, or alternatively change the DD date to 4th or 5th, then even if they take it early your salary should be in to cover it. Also, if you are cancelling a DD at short notice, its best to do it on telephone banking, then you can make sure it gets done there and then, they may need to put a recall on it if its already been applied for.

To be honest - I have just had enough. My point of view is - if I told RBS that I am paid on the 1st of each month and therefore required the DD to go out no sooner than that day ... wouldn't any reasonable employee of RBS (or NatWest) have suggested that the DD be set up for 4/5 of each month, knowing that they take out the DD two days prior to the date you requested ....?

The onus and responsibility is laid squarely at our door - with the big institutions just shrugging and referring to their Terms and Conditions.

This has cost me money and to add insult to injury, you are made to feel like a second class citizen / small child.

I have applied for an account at another bank.

Yes you're completely right and I don't blame you. But even when you open your new bank account RBS will still be rubbish, so you'll still have to contact them to change the date of your d/d otherwise they'll be playing the same trick with your new bank. At least you got your money back-class that as a victory:D

• Haha 1