Would i be able to keep hire car until....?

TAY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a car accident nearly 3 months ago. The other driver admitted responsibility straight away and contacted his insurers so no problems there. However my car was taken to be checked 4 days later and i was asked if i wanted a courtesy care (although i would have to wait) i said no due to injuries i could not drive. I was informed a week water how much it would cost to repair and it was then down to the insurance.

In the last few weeks i have contacted the garage to ask what was happening to my car as i was to start physio out of town and needed to get there also needed to get back to work. They said i should have heard from the insurance co. as it was uneconomical to repair. As i had heard nothing they said they would look into it and call me later that day. I never heard anything so called the insurance through the injury claims as that is the only number i have, i had not done this before due to the injury and pain. I was told that the garage had only just sent the photos of the damage in after i had phoned them, so each blame each other. I was then offered a hire car which i have now had for two weeks. The hire company has contacted me to say they are 'concerned' about the length of hire and had called the garage a few days ago to be told the same thing i was told. They have also contacted the insurance co. as they want confirmation of extension to hire but they have not heard anything back despite leaving messages.

What i would like to know if anyone can help is how long would i be able to keep the car (i will contact the injury claim again on monday to get extension)? Is it until they decide a settlement figure on the car or once it is confirmed write off?

Do the insurance co. need to reimburse me enough to cover getting me a car of similar age and milage as the one i have seen locally is nearly as much as it is to repair my own, i only have limited areas to check without going out of town.

I'm more annoyed as i had just paid 300 for MOT so that it would last another year or so with me doing a lot of driving for work. I even had to argue with the garage over that as they fixed something i had only just had done and was still under warrenty. (they were told not to touch).

i had an accident on 17th august 07 and the case has still not be settled - my car was a write off, accident not my fault but dispute over car valuation however i still have courtesy car as the company im using understand its not my fault case has took so long try explaining your situation to the hire company

It's been my opinion of insurers that they will undervalue your car and offer you less money than you could buy another one. Never accept the first offer it will always be too low or ask for a similar spec car with similar milage.

I always try to buy a cheap run-around as these things can drag on for years and there is no guarantee you will get years of car hire cost back because it could be judged as an unreasonable expense if you could afford to buy something else!