Barclaycard - County Court Claim**WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heather,

Baz makes a good point - if you have to appear in court to defend, you should have a file for the Judge which will have copies of all relevant correspondence between you and BC. This is in addition to the file you'll keep for yourself.

Saw you looked in early this morning so hope you get the letter off today.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks guys for your help so far.

Sent letter to solicitors Special Delivery today to arrive before 1pm tomorrow. Going to send Barclays copy tomorrow recorded delivery. Do i send to Barclaycard or to Barclays Bank whose address is on Court Summons?

Also do I need to do anything yet with the Court Summons papers?

Hi Heather,

Send it back to BLT (Barclays Litigation Team) whose address is on the summons.

Send acknowledgement back to court - see post #7 above.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Just an update.

My partner has received a reply fto the letter we sent Optima Legal Services who are acting on behalf of Barclays.

It says, and I quote:-

Dear Sir,

Our Client: Barclays Bank PLC Barclaycard

With reference to the above matter please be advised that we are currently considering your comments and are taking our client's further instructions. We will contact you in due course.

If you require any further assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Is this a good sign or not?

My letter gave them until 7th February to produce all documentation. We need to acknowledge court summons by 12th February.

What should we do not, sit and wait until 7th?

Hi Heather,

Certainly give them a few more days to give a proper reply. The letter you received was simply an acknowledgement while they take instructions. It's neither good nor bad.

The vital part is to ensure the Court gets your Acknowledgement by the 12th, regardless of whether you've had a response from BC or OLS. Make sure you know how to do this beforehand so you can post it in good time by Rec'd or Spec'l Del'y.

Heather,

Never heard of that myself but we tend to go for belt and braces here as Barclays have shocking habit of losing stuff.

Do it online if you prefer but keep receipt or copy of everything. Also, do you have option to have case heard in YOUR local County Court - if so, do so.

Heather,

That sounds fine.

I take it OLS started the proceedings using MCOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Need some advice - acknowledged court on 11th February to defend claim against Barclays, not heard anything from their Solicitors and we will need to post our defence to court by no later than 21st February. What should we do.

Any help appreciated.

Hi Heather,

Seeking advice on your next move and will come back.

Heather have you had anything back from them after they initially acknowledged your letter? The most important document would be the original consumer credit agreement as without it they are going to have a hard time getting a CCJ.

If not, and if you don't receive anything before you need to file your defence on the 21st then you can tell the court that they have not complied with your request and that you are unable to supply a full defence. (There is a much better way of saying so which I will find if no-one else points you to it)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

We have not received any correspondence from the solicitors or Barclays and no phone calls either.

As you can appreciate, my partner is getting worried (he's like that) but as I have told him if they have no paperwork to take to court, then theres not a lot they can do.

Will need some help to put our defence together as never done anything like this before.

Heather there are some helpful posts in this thread of mine.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/115750-goldladys-oh-cohens-cl-5.html

My statement that they had not supplied me with information required to complete a full defence was a bit basic, and I have seen much better ones on here. Of course I left everything till the last minute as usual

It might be worth sending a PM to Paul (PT2537) as he has a great library of defences etc.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hi Heather

Alrighty then

firstly what was the POCs ?

secondly, this is barclaycard right? so were mercers involved? its optima that are taking the legal action?

do you have a copy of the Default Notice? do you have a copy of any credit Agreement they may be relying upon? if you do can you post a copy on here removing all the personal details first

as Goldlady says i do happen to have a couple of defences on file;) but it would be helpful to know what they have to tailor it to your case

regards

paul

Sorry, bit dim this time of night, what is POC's.

It is Barclaycard who the debt is to. Mercers were involved originally, but we complained to Barclaycard about the constant harassment from them and all mail and telephone calls stopped.

We have had two default notices issued, one by Mercers and one by Barclaycard themselves after they had stopped Mercers harassing us.

Next contact from them was the County Court Summons and it is Optima Legal Services name on this.

Hi Heather

OK

POC = Particulars of claim.

2 Default notices? ok thats interesting, which one came first? mercers or Barclays

also any chance you could post copies removing all the personal details first.

also have you ever requested a copy of your credit agreement, normally refered to as a CCA request? if you have , did they send a copy, can you post it if they did?

finally did they (optima) write to you telling you they were taking legal action?

did anyone tell you they were taking you to court ? by anyone i mean mercers or barclays

Particulars of Claim:-

The Claimants claim is in respect of a credit agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 whereby the Claimant provided the Defendant with a credit card and in return the Defendant agreed to pay at least the minimum payment given in the statement. A default notice was served on the Defendant on 25/09/2007. The Defendant has failed to comply with this. The Claimants claim of £10,501.55 is the sum owed plus accrued interest as at 25/09/2007. Demand for payment has been made, however the sum due remains outstanding.

The two default notices were issed by Mercers, one dated 25 May 2007 and the second one is dated 25/09/2007.

What I thought was a default notice from Barclaycard is in fact a Formal Demand for payment.

Only the Formal Demand for Payment Letter says if payment is not made or agreement reached by 20th November 2007, a Debt Collector may call upon you for repayment or legal proceedings may be taken against you in the County Court.

Please note, we have continued to make a pro-rata payment direct to Barclaycard, but since they have ceased sending us statements, we don't know what the current balance is or if payments have been credited to the account.

PS. How do I upload the default notices to you minus personal information?

Scan it into your computer and open it in Paint or similar program. Edit out the personal information and save it

Open an a/c on Photobucket, (here: Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket ), download the file of your scan from your computer onto Photobucket and then post the link from Photobucket in your thread here.

See how to in section 1.16 (Attach Documents) here:

[/url]How Do I....? A Dummies Guide to the Forum

Edited by Michael Browne

Well done Heather - I'm sure you'll get a reply tonight or tomorrow.

If not, post back and it'll get flagged for urgent attention.

oh dear,

well, i have seen them before, mercers still struggle to accept the concept of complying with the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices)Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) bless them

ok well thats good to know that they havent changed their way of working.

right,

do you have a copy of the credit Agreement?if so can you upload it ?

also did the POCs have an account number on it? PLEASE DO NOT TYPE THE ACCOUNT NUMBER a simple yes or no will do

sorry about the block caps but last time i asked that question, the op went and put their account number on their thread:)